Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

1. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Can anyone figure out what the maroon sections mean?
    Guesses:
    1) Cross over
    2) Virtual tunnel representing The Real Swamp at Cajun zField.
    3) Lookout point
    4) RedZone Crosswalk. "Enter The Swamp"

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Will the lake be restocked?
    There are bream, gaar and cat fish in the lake along with turtles and about 4 to 6 gators. Egrets and other birds visit too At one time there were two swans but unfortunately the gators ate them.

It was really clear Saturday and you could see some nice bass swimming around. The new work around the lake are really impressive. All of the new construction and remodels around campus make for our school to be a top notch campus. its amazing to see the extent of upgrades, from the student union, to the quad, to upgrades around Cypress Lake, new dorms, upgraded buildings, expanded parking, definitely a different campus from when I was there

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    There are bream, gaar and cat fish in the lake along with turtles and about 4 to 6 gators. Egrets and other birds visit too At one time there were two swans but unfortunately the gators ate them.
    Twice if I'm remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    It was really clear Saturday and you could see some nice bass swimming around. The new work around the lake are really impressive. All of the new construction and remodels around campus make for our school to be a top notch campus. its amazing to see the extent of upgrades, from the student union, to the quad, to upgrades around Cypress Lake, new dorms, upgraded buildings, expanded parking, definitely a different campus from when I was there
    Yes, the campus is so much improved over the last 8-10 years. Several parts of it (the Rose Garden complex, the Taft St dorms, the Legacy Apts, the new U) have been totaly changed in that time frame. What with the beautiful oaks now so mature, the great landscaping and just keeping buildings clean makes for a very impressive look.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Twice if I'm remembering correctly.
    Yes twice. My neighbor and I were willing to donate to replace the swans but only under the condition that the gators were removed. I am not that excited that the gators are in Cypress Lake as a gator has escaped on TWO OCCASIONS that I know of. I found one in my neighbors yard on Stevenson street. I called 911 and told them if the gator attacked any body or any pet I was going to shoot the SOB. Amazing how fast they got there.

Yes twice. My neighbor and I were willing to donate to replace the swans but only under the condition that the gators were removed. I am not that excited that the gators are in Cypress Lake as a gator has escaped on TWO OCCASIONS that I know of. I found one in my neighbors yard on Stevenson street. I called 911 and told them if the gator attacked any body or any pet I was going to shoot the SOB. Amazing how fast they got there.
    Wanna say those durn swans were expensive too.

Well Yeah. We were not going to put out that much money just for them to be gator food.

9. Default Re: Campus Construction

Well Yeah. We were not going to put out that much money just for them to be gator food.
    Yes we should be getting some live ducks for the gators, not expensive live swans.

I love seeing the gators, its one of the things that make the campus unique

11. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I love seeing the gators, its one of the things that make the campus unique
    You are not alone, a friend of mine from Ohio that used to live here has Cypress Swamp on his must see list everytime he visits.

It's for the gators.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Just came across an old (2017) KLFY story that I missed, about the completion of the Cypress Lake Plazaand what the next phase will be. Highlights of Phase 2 will be to add a walkway from the Plaza pretty far into the lake, and also to expand the lake to Hebrard Blvdbascially make the areas where the old eyesore building were part of the lake. Here is a rendering of what that will look like:
    They are putting the finishing touches on Cypress Lake Plaza: adding the pergolas, new railing and best of all, the pier. All very neat.I'm very impressed (and proud) that we are actually building what's in the master plan, and what was promised.

While I'll always be a proud Ragin Cajun, I just kinda wish they had all this stuff and the campus looked this fantastic when I was there, lol.

https://www.thevermilion.com/news/cy.6043308bf.html
    Attached Images Attached Images    

13. Default Re: Campus Construction

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nice
    I was there Monday. It’s shaping up nicely.

Some pics from JB Mouton of the construction. They are in charge of the crane and the pilings. Also great article from the advocate.

That first aerial pic that shows the lake, union, etc. is awesome.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.1ab60576d.html

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 . LastLast

Thread Information