Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

go here

https://forumeus.com/.truction/page6

for the latest photos I took about two weeks ago.

I knew these kids wouldn't appreciate what they have.

http://www.katc.com/story/31026299/u.-skateboarders

3. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

It only takes a few.

I wonder if town kids are involved.

Sounds more like vandalism than just damage from skateboarding.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Construction

i would be interested to learn if the vandals are students, or local kids out for a "good time."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    i would be interested to learn if the vandals are students, or local kids out for a "good time."
    My money is on Local Kids. I see them at the Cajundome all the time doing the same thing. I told them at the dome all they had to do was drill one inch holes about three feet apart on top of the wall and cement rebar sticking up one inch and you stop the grinding of skateboards.

7. Default Re: Campus Construction

You cannot make an unsafe environment. Such things would cost the Cajun Dome when the assured injury occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You cannot make an unsafe environment. Such things would cost the Cajun Dome when the assured injury occurs.
    Wouldn't be as assumption of risk where it is an obviously dangerous situation and you still do the behavior? Wouldn't be the same as someone climbing a fence and cutting themselves on razor wire?

They are still wrapping up work on the 'Walk of Honor.'

The first pic is the continuation of the WoH outside of the quad; this is the sidewalk from Martin Hall, along side T Joe's house, heading towards Hebrard Blvd. There isn't a marker yet denoting the year, but I think it starts with the 2004 grads.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the new portion of the sidewalk, as it crosses the Blvd. No grad names, but a neat FDL insert.
    The last pic is to show that they have now closed off Boucher Drive for normal traffic. Guess they will open it for dorm move in days, etc.

I also took some some pics today of the new intramural fieldhouse/fields. Looks like a really nice lighting systemand it's almost done, imho.

Also, the area that used to hold the old IF's (across Cajundome Blvd from Bourgeois Hall) is turning out to be a very nice green space, with a nice walking/running path. I drive by almost daily and always see lots of people using it strolling babies, jogging, etc., but much less crowded than, say, Girard Park.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Here is the new portion of the sidewalk, as it crosses the Blvd. No grad names, but a neat FDL insert.
    The last pic is to show that they have now closed off Boucher Drive for normal traffic. Guess they will open it for dorm move in days, etc.
    It is open only for move in/out days for the residence halls. They do use it for deliveries to the union though. The WOH has been complete for some time now.

14. Default Re: Campus Construction

It is open only for move in/out days for the residence halls. They do use it for deliveries to the union though. The WOH has been complete for some time now.
    ---Forgetting the funding vehicle --but didn't the students access a semester fee for the completion of a campus Master plan??? And I think the Athletic campus was able to piggy back on some of the $---Correct??? Anyway, it sure in some nice stuff!!!

This thread was started by me on Jan 6, 2011. Damn seems like yesterday.

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 . LastLast

Thread Information