Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

1. Default Re: Campus Construction

Just to give you an example, Gardner Gibson makes a very good Elastomeric product that carries a 3 year warranty, but if you read the warranty carefully, it states that it does not cover flat roofs and/or ponding water. Let me give you a little information about flat roofs, they all have ponding water. Point being in probably 3 years we will have to re roof that building. If they had used a 100% Silicone like GACOROOF, then they would have paid more in the short term, but it could withstand ponding water for 50 years.

WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER: White-Kote™ White Roof Coating is believed to be of good quality and to
    be in accordance with the specifications set forth herein, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase.
    This warranty is only applicable when this product is applied according to our directions, in two coats,
    and used with other Gardner products. [FONT=Arial Black]This warranty does not cover flat roofs, or poor drainage surfaces where
    ponding water exists. All surfaces must maintain a minimum slope of 1" per foot (5°), to be eligible for warranty.[/
    FONT]If the coating does not perform as stated during the guarantee period, we will provide the original purchaser
    with proof of purchase receipt with replacement coating to repair the affected part of the roof. Failures due
    to acts of God, fire, structural defects or causes beyond our control are excluded from this guarantee.
    Gardner is not responsible for any labor, property or other consequential damages or costs incurred in the original
    or any replacement application. Except as stated

2. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just to give you an example, Gardner Gibson makes a very good Elastomeric product that carries a 3 year warranty, but if you read the warranty carefully, it states that it does not cover flat roofs and/or ponding water. Let me give you a little information about flat roofs, they all have ponding water. Point being in probably 3 years we will have to re roof that building. If they had used a 100% Silicone like GACOROOF, then they would have paid more in the short term, but it could withstand ponding water for 50 years.

WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER: White-Kote™ White Roof Coating is believed to be of good quality and to
    be in accordance with the specifications set forth herein, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase.
    This warranty is only applicable when this product is applied according to our directions, in two coats,
    and used with other Gardner products. [FONT=Arial Black]This warranty does not cover flat roofs, or poor drainage surfaces where
    ponding water exists. All surfaces must maintain a minimum slope of 1" per foot (5°), to be eligible for warranty.[/
    FONT]If the coating does not perform as stated during the guarantee period, we will provide the original purchaser
    with proof of purchase receipt with replacement coating to repair the affected part of the roof. Failures due
    to acts of God, fire, structural defects or causes beyond our control are excluded from this guarantee.
    Gardner is not responsible for any labor, property or other consequential damages or costs incurred in the original
    or any replacement application. Except as stated
    Gardner Gibson also makes a 10 year warranty product called Black Jack 1000. But check out the warranty there as well.

This product states that it does not warrant against ponding water on a flat roof. Again for education purposes, there is no such thing as a flat roof without ponding water. So if they used either the 3 year or 10 year Elastomeric, neither has a warranty and will need to be replaced, probably in 3-10 years, but I would conservatively say 5 years.

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    T-Bone!!!

Z
    I think we'll call you Koko.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Gardner Gibson also makes a 10 year warranty product called Black Jack 1000. But check out the warranty there as well.

This product states that it does not warrant against ponding water on a flat roof. Again for education purposes, there is no such thing as a flat roof without ponding water. So if they used either the 3 year or 10 year Elastomeric, neither has a warranty and will need to be replaced, probably in 3-10 years, but I would conservatively say 5 years.
    Black Jack, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

From this morning. It appears the base is done, and ready for the cinder blocks to start going up soon.

Attached Images Attached Images    

And a few pics around Burke-Hawthorne and "Operator Cover the Chillers." I am hoping they redo all the sidewalks around the lake as well.

I also noticed that they did a repair job on part of the swamp's retaining wall. Maybe it'll look/match better as it ages, one hopes. And I REALLY hope they eventually get rid of the crappy hurricane fence one day.

One last pic I took of the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    I also noticed that they did a repair job on part of the swamp's retaining wall. Maybe it'll look/match better as it ages, one hopes. And I REALLY hope they eventually get rid of the crappy hurricane fence one day.
    Didn't they put the fence because of the close proximity to the swamp to keep the gators off?

10. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Didn't they put the fence because of the close proximity to the swamp to keep the gators off?
    Not off, IN.

The fence is only where there is no brick wall, that and maintenance needs a way to get in and out easily.

Yes, but my thing is the fence is very unattractiveI wish we would do things right and continue the wall all the way around. This area is waaaay too important/visible (and will be even more so after construction is complete) to do things in a shoddy fashion.

The fence is to keep the Gators in the lake. I remember there was a big controversy over the brick wall when it was built. Some saw no need for it. I remember seeing a photo of the wall and they captioned it "Untamed Cypress Lake". Before there were gators in the lake there was no need for any fence at all. The lake had a pair of swans. When the gators showed up the swans "disappeared" (Imagine that). They then had to put the chain link fence up to keep the gators in. I would imagine that they will be doing something else once the older buildings are demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I would imagine that they will be doing something else once the older buildings are demolished.
    That would be greatlet's hope!
    Also, Helmut: didn't you say much earlier in the thread that the architect had said they would be doing something about the Guillory Hall deck?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns_fan View Post
    That would be greatlet's hope!
    Also, Helmut: didn't you say much earlier in the thread that the architect had said they would be doing something about the Guillory Hall deck?
    I fear the deck is destined for demolition. I find this to be an unfortunate decision because every time I walk on campus there is somebody there feeding the fish/turtles or looking for gators. It is a great place for kids to go too. I hope they will replace with something as good or better. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I fear the deck is destined for demolition.
    Helmut: do you know this for a fact, or is it just a very educated guess/hunch? If they do have plans to demo it, then I think we should take action.they should leave it alone or put something better in its place. With social media what it is today, people have a better chance of making an impact.

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 52 . LastLast

Thread Information