Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

This is the first material delivery for the new wall in the circle in front of Martin Hall

Helmut, what exactly are they doing here? Building some sort of new wall??

It will be a wall with the ACADEMIC logo on it. You will be able to see the logo from University Ave. There will be a bench on that side so that people can take their photos with Martin Hall in the background and it will hide the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It will be a wall with the ACADEMIC logo on it. You will be able to see the logo from University Ave. There will be a bench on that side so that people can take their photos with Martin Hall in the background and it will hide the parking lot.
    Kind of behind the ugly yellow fountain?

The location of the statue of Dr. Stephens near Guirard Hall. I would suspect that the statue will be placed fairly soon. There was an article in a recent issue of La Louisiane

may-11-20 by Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

Foundation work has started for the wall in the circle. this photo was taken under one of the "Three Sister" oaks.

may-11-21 by Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

Statue dedication is Friday morning.

It's been so many years since I've seen the campus. I really miss the university and going to school there.

For some reason the construction on the wall has stopped. The rebar is muddy and there is plenty of mud at the bottom of the excavation.

july-6-7 by Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

Angelle Hall gets a new roof. As seen from the top of the Olivier Parking tower.

july-6-1 by Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

july-6-2 by Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

The system is a spray on elastomeric type material. It look like it is a first class system.

This is the screen for the cooling towers behind Wharton Hall next to Burke-Hawthorn The bottom of the wall looks like they are preparing for a nuclear attack.

july-6-4 by Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

I'm assuming the screen has to allow air flow for the cooling tower, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm assuming the screen has to allow air flow for the cooling tower, right?
    You would be correct.

Phewwwfinally: progress on the 'wall.' It seems the concrete base has been poured. BTW: nothing new going on in the quad, yet.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Lookin good, thanks for the pics!

13. Default Re: Campus Construction

july-6-2 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

The system is a spray on elastomeric type material. It look like it is a first class system.

I sell some Elastomeric systems, and I will tell you while not a bad system we should have gone with a Silicone. We are now stocking a product called GACO Roof, it comes with a 50 year warranty against ponding water. There is not a Elastomeric system around today that warrants against ponding water, so basically the 10 year warranty that most Elastomeric carry is null and void the day they are applied.

GACO/Other Silicone products are much more economical and will in the long run be a much better solution. The problem with Elastomerics is that this will have to be reapplied in a couple of years, due to ponding water on a flat roof.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    july-6-2 Rosegardendorms, on Flickr

I sell some Elastomeric systems, and I will tell you while not a bad system we should have gone with a Silicone. We are now stocking a product called GACO Roof, it comes with a 50 year warranty against ponding water. There is not a Elastomeric system around today that warrants against ponding water, so basically the 10 year warranty that most Elastomeric carry is null and void the day they are applied.

GACO/Other Silicone products are much more economical and will in the long run be a much better solution. The problem with Elastomerics is that this will have to be reapplied in a couple of years, due to ponding water on a flat roof.
    Elastomerics? Is that like Krueger industries Smoothing?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Elastomerics? Is that like Krueger industries Smoothing?
    T-Bone!!!

Z

Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst . 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 51 . LastLast

Thread Information