Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Will. Vermillion hall and the other building next to it be renovated as well. Those are two of the saddest looking building I have seen on a major university. They can really do a lot with that location with it next to the swamp.

2. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by jrous19 View Post
    Will. Vermillion hall and the other building next to it be renovated as well. Those are two of the saddest looking building I have seen on a major university. They can really do a lot with that location with it next to the swamp.
    ---I can't place those where are they located from the old union???

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Construction

I might have got the name wrong, conplete opposite side of the union that was just demolished. If union is 12 o clock then this building is 6 o clock

Vermilion Hall and Lafayette hall are the OLD Corona and OLD Olivier halls (commonly referred to as the eyesore buildings). along with Guillory Hall (currently being used for food service) will be demolished.

5. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Vermilion Hall and Lafayette hall are the OLD Corona and OLD Olivier halls (commonly referred to as the eyesore buildings). along with Guillory Hall (currently being used for food service) will be demolished.
    ----Remember when it was the post office and falling like crazy to a lil red neck girl from Shreveport----never heard anybody with that kind of accent!!! Wound up marrying one with that accent!!!

Looks like they are almost finished with just a little clean up and landscaping to do. Just in time to get it smashed by the Mardi Gras crowds.

A view of Girard Hall from the Martin Hall circle.

feb-3-4

Looking back to Girard Hall with East University Ave to the rear of the camera. Martin Hall to the left.

feb-3-5

Renovated entry plaza from the main gate is finished.

A view from the Martin Hall circle looking to the University Johnston street intersection.

feb-24-7

Another view from the Martin Hall circle.

feb-24-8

Looking back to Martin Hall

feb-24-9

University Ave facade of Girard Hall

feb-24-10

8. Default Re: Campus Construction

Thanks

Wow 7 sidewalks in . . . or is it out

9. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    So why was Coronna Hall renamed "Lafayette" ???

Because one of the new residence halls is named Corona Hall. They renamed Olivier Hall to Vermilion Hall because the new parking garage is named Olivier Parking Tower. It really doesn't matter what the old buildings will be called because they will be demolished soon after the Student Union renovation is completed.

I thought it was because Tjoe is a Dos Equis man

They have been replacing the windows on Decluet Hall since last week. These guys worked on Christmas Day. they are doing a very good job.

This is a view of an old and new window side by side.

13. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So why was Coronna Hall renamed "Lafayette" ???
    ----Cerveza screw up!!!

They started marking the bike paths on St. Mary. The truck below is a Thermoplastic Pavement marking rig. They melt plastic and place it on the pavement to make a stripe. The plastic is very hot and it is another fairly dangerous piece of equipment to be around. It takes a steady had at the steering wheel to get straight lines.

Before the plastic cools they distribute glass beads over the hot plastic. The beads stick to the plastic after it cools and makes the stripes more reflective.

I tried to get a photo of the glass beads without getting run over by traffic. I don't think they showed up too well

some parts of the country mix recycled glass in their asphalt. The pavement sparkles at night.

This is a better photo of the glass beads, they are to the right of the stripe and they look like powder.

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 . LastLast

Thread Information