Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ I betcha one could get a really good deal on these "slightly" used mattresses!

1-31-11 _
    We call them "gently used" in the mattress game.

The foundation crew for the parking garage started to move equipment in today. Looks like they will use Berkel pressure grouted piles. It ought to be interesting to see.

3. Default Re: Campus Expansions

I don't know about Berkel ground piles or anything like that, all I know is that they moved in a big ole crane this afternoon. I's assume they're about to start driving some foundation piles in.

Lots and lots of work today, February 6, 2011. They had the light towers on last night and were working on Dorm No. 1 foundation.

Clock wise from left, Auger for auger cast piles, Foundation pad for Dorm No. 1 almost ready for rebar, Dust suppressor, Bancroft demolition, more plumbing and foundation work for dorm no. 1, and in the middle on the bottom, carpenters preparing form work.

feb-6-work

Dust suppressor, If it's not raining they use this to help with the dust, Yesterday there was a dust cloud over University Ave almost all afternoon.

dust-suppresor

Rebar recycling, almost all the metal, concrete and brick will be recycled. This is where much of the profit is in demolition.

rebar-recycle

BFDBH at work, if they had more room to work, these two buildings would have been demolished in a little over a week. Once they get Bancroft down then they will have much more room to work.

bfdbh-1

BFDBH getting ready to take another row of columns down.

bfdbh-2

BFDBH finished taking out columns, It took about 10 minutes from the previous photo. Right after I took this photo he pulled the columns out below.

bfdbh-3

Test pile for the Auger Cast piling for the Parking garage.

test-pile

More photos from Feb 6, 2011

Dorm No. 1 foundation pad almost ready for rebar. They might be ready to place concrete before the end of the week.

dorm-1-foundation

Dorm No 1 elevator pit.

dorm1-elevator-pit

A project I worked on last summer. The home team (TCH) will be on the left side and visitors will be looking into the sun on the right side. This is the new Google Earth imagery that is available if you update.

teurlings

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Expansions

Helmut, thanks for the pics and info. Should be very nice when it's done, and much needed!! Just curious, where is the band going to practice? We did the surveying for the new student union and had to set up a couple tripods on the band practice field (beacuse of control points) and the band director wasn't to happy about it. From looking at the pics, there is no more practice field. Guess he still isn't too happy!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

7. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Wow Helmut, that is amazing.

Thanks.

8. UL Baseball Re: Campus Expansions

What is the estimated time of completion for the first dorm and parking garage?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    A project I worked on last summer. The home team (TCH) will be on the left side and visitors will be looking into the sun on the right side. This is the new Google Earth imagery that is available if you update.

teurlings _
    I LOVE this picture!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    _ Helmut, thanks for the pics and info. Should be very nice when it's done, and much needed!! Just curious, where is the band going to practice? We did the surveying for the new student union and had to set up a couple tripods on the band practice field (beacuse of control points) and the band director wasn't to happy about it. From looking at the pics, there is no more practice field. Guess he still isn't too happy!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!! _
    It is my understanding that the band practice field is to remain. It will probably be the only real open area in that whole block after the construction is completed.

I did a little looking on Google Earth also. Looks like a couple of months ago or so based on the Lamson construction.

12. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by cajunator View Post
    _ What is the estimated time of completion for the first dorm and parking garage? _
    Before the softball stadium is complete!!!!-------Well I hope not!!!! lol

13. Default Re: Campus Expansions

I like.

How nice would a red roof over the IPF look right now? Which reminds me. . .

The #1 item I have seen recently that shows a new passion at UL -for UL- is the new Vermilion and White entrances to Girard Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunator View Post
    _ What is the estimated time of completion for the first dorm and parking garage? _
    Dorm No. 1 (Taft Street Dorm in the link) is supposed to be open for the fall 2011 semester (that's right) See this link.

http://housing.louisiana.edu/residence/taft-hall.shtml

If anybody can do it, Lemoine can. I don't think the parking garage will be ready for the fall. Although, once they get out of the ground it should go pretty fast.

Harris Hall and Randolph Hall are the only other Dorms scheduled to be open for the fall semester. Bonin, Baker-Huger and Evangeline are scheduled to be closed "for renovation" (demolition).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ I did a little looking on Google Earth also. Looks like a couple of months ago or so based on the Lamson construction. _

The imagery was taken in October. If you notice on the Teurlings image I posted, there are no stripes in the curves on the track. and there was construction equipment near the north west corner of the track. The Teurlings track surface is not Polyurethane on Asphalt is is a 3/4" pile turf with a rubber sand infill. The turf for the straights on the track comes from the factory with stripes. The turf for the curves is solid. They shave out the pile and glue in the stripes. They had not put in the curve stripes until later in October. BTW, it feels very good under foot.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information