Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I had been wondering why they had cut down the row of beautiful Pine trees.

Now I know.

Damn no kidding. I've only been out year now and it seems like they've done a ton of stuff since I left.

The trees were huge. when they were cutting them down, a tree cutter got as far as he could go up in a bucket truck and climb the rest of the way up. He looked like an ant crawling up the tree. During one of the last hurricanes one of the trees fell on Girard Hall. I think that sealed their fate. They also cut down the pine trees between the presidents house and Moody Hall. They also cut down two huge pine trees between Declouet Hall and the sidewalk on Hebrard Boulevard. They must have been at least 60 feet tall and right up against the building. I'm sure they were doing some damage to the foundation.

Helmut, first, wonderful job with the pictures and updates. Thank you. I had a question about the dorms: do you have any interior pics of these buildings? Commons rooms? Actual dorm rooms? I was wondering what they looked like on the interior.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The trees were huge. when they were cutting them down, a tree cutter got as far as he could go up in a bucket truck and climb the rest of the way up. He looked like an ant crawling up the tree. During one of the last hurricanes one of the trees fell on Girard Hall. I think that sealed their fate. They also cut down the pine trees between the presidents house and Moody Hall. They also cut down two huge pine trees between Declouet Hall and the sidewalk on Hebrard Boulevard. They must have been at least 60 feet tall and right up against the building. I'm sure they were doing some damage to the foundation.
    I still haven't recovered from Burger Tyme by the mall cutting down 5 Pine trees 20 years ago.

This will take me a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Helmut, first, wonderful job with the pictures and updates. Thank you. I had a question about the dorms: do you have any interior pics of these buildings? Commons rooms? Actual dorm rooms? I was wondering what they looked like on the interior.
    Thank you very much. I do not have photos of the interior of the residence halls. As soon as they were finished they were occupied. Plus, you have to have an access card to get in the buildings. After all, people are living in the buildings and they do deserve some privacy. The Housing department has a web site that will have photos of the inside of the buildings. They also have a Facebook page that has a photo album of the buildings. Some of the earlier photos are mine that I gave to Dr. Savoie so they may look familiar.

Pine isn't even good to burn.

Esh.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Thank you very much. I do not have photos of the interior of the residence halls. As soon as they were finished they were occupied. Plus, you have to have an access card to get in the buildings. After all, people are living in the buildings and they do deserve some privacy. The Housing department has a web site that will have photos of the inside of the buildings. They also have a Facebook page that has a photo album of the buildings. Some of the earlier photos are mine that I gave to Dr. Savoie so they may look familiar.
    I have been in the new halls as my daughter lives in one. I think our dorms are now helpful in recruiting students whereas they were a turnoff in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have been in the new halls as my daughter lives in one. I think our dorms are now helpful in recruiting students whereas they were a turnoff in the past.
    How does she like them? I am curious. I'm thinking it will be even better once the Student Union is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I still haven't recovered from Burger Tyme by the mall cutting down 5 Pine trees 20 years ago.

This will take me a while.
    I think the Cajun Blaze was an equitable exchange.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think the Cajun Blaze was an equitable exchange.
    +1

Concrete sidewalks were placed this past week for the new entry plaza.

dec-9-8

Plaza as seen from the steps to Girard Hall

dec-9-7

Another feature of the Plaza. I would assume a sitting area or some sort of monument.

dec-9-6

The old sun dial from 1916 rescued from the old rose garden and placed in the new rose garden.

dec-9-9

Looks like they are trying ti finish up but the weather won't cooperate.

A few views of the new entry plaza.

As seen from the circle drive to Martin Hall.

jan-6-9

Another view from the circle drive

jan-6-10

A view back to Martin Hall. This is the walkway from the University Ave/Johnston Street gate heading to Martin Hall.

jan-6-11

13. Default Re: Campus Construction

I was wondering about this, thanks HelmutVII

A few photos of the new entry plaza near Girard Halll.

A view from the circle looking to Girard Hall.

jan-20-11

Another view from the circle looking to Johnston Street.

jan-20-12

Looking back to Martin Hall, The circular sidewalk is where the old side walk had a circle with a pine tree at the center.

jan-20-13

Close up of the brick work in the circle shown above.

jan-20-14

No rain this past week has allowed them to get some work done. I

Photo from the Circle leading to Martin Hall.

jan-27-6

Close up of circular patio .

jan-27-5

Looking back to Martin Hall.

jan-27-7

Orphaned sledge hammer.

jan-27-8

Marker for the first Oak tree to the right of the entrance to the circle leading to Martin Hall

jan-27-9

Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information