Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Drove by campus 1st time in a while. New dorms look awesome. Look is great along University w/old oaks and all. Props to T Joe and UL for all of the work that has been done and is being done on campus. Looks really good.

2. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    Drove by campus 1st time in a while. New dorms look awesome. Look is great along University w/old oaks and all. Props to T Joe and UL for all of the work that has been done and is being done on campus. Looks really good.
    ----Yea University look is just fabulous the old oaks with the new facade---i walked through the rose garden and through the whole complex area ---unreal----Can imagine when the Union village is complete!!!!

Students are really settling in for the last day of move in before the semester starts. As usual you see happy faces on some of them but also bewilderment and fear in others. It will all work out though and usually within about a week or so everybody gets settled in to a routine.

This is a photo of the University Ave facade of Coronal Hall. I took this at 55mm which is pretty close to normal vision. I did this on purpose to show the relative scale of the trees, buildings, cars and people. The feel around the buildings is very nice. It is a comfortable place to be.

used-to-be-parking

OOOOOHHHH MMMYYYYYY$$$$$$$ Copper gutters and downspouts on Randolph Hall. Thumbs up to the designers to respect the authenticity of the building.

oh-my-copper$

The front of Buchanan Hall still under construction.

buchanan

There won't be too many more updates on this phase of construction because it's almost finished. Maybe next week we will take a trip down memory lane.

I did have a chance to correspond with the general superintendent for Juneau construction and he said that he was going to a project in Savanah Georgia which is very close to home for him. He did say he enjoyed his stay in Lafayette and he hoped that he could return for PHASE II!!!! First I heard of that, so I guess I will have to keep my ears to the ground.

With the parking lot alongside University being reduced by about 80%. Will that give the live oaks a healthier living environment?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    With the parking lot alongside University being reduced by about 80%. Will that give the live oaks a healthier living environment?
    Is that parking?

I thought it was supposed to be a pick up and drop odd point.

Anywho, the extra aeration for the root system can only help.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is that parking?

I thought it was supposed to be a pick up and drop odd point.

Anywho, the extra aeration for the root system can only help.
    I thought it was handicap parking...could be wrong though.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I thought it was handicap parking...could be wrong though.
    That would make sense.

It is handicapped parking. They are using it for drop off and check in for now. The campus police have been pretty good about limiting parking there so they can get as many people in as quickly as possible. I would suspect that by tomorrow, if you don't have HC stickers or plates, you will be towed.

It all looks very nice indeed. Thanks again Helmut, for keeping us updated!

10. Default Re: Campus Construction

Haven't seen any new pictures since August.. I love what you are doing, posting the pictures, and always look forward to them..

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by BankerCajun View Post
    Haven't seen any new pictures since August.. I love what you are doing, posting the pictures, and always look forward to them..

Thanks...
    They finished the residence hall construction in late August. They finished Randolph Hall a week or two after school started. So there hasn't been anything to show. I will eventually post a before and after on this thread but I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had a chance to do it yet. Student Union Construction should get started pretty soon so there should be some things to show there before too long.

Living so close to the project, it's pretty nice to have a break from the construction activity. It was getting old even for me who is used to construction. I can wash my house now and not have it get dirty in two weeks because of all the dust. On the other hand, it was good to see some of the old eyesore dorms come down and be replaced with up to date buildings.

I went to Hamilton Lab School, now Hamilton Hall, for first to eighth grade. I saw Old Bancroft. Denbo and Bonin Hall constructed when I was going to Hamilton. When I found out what was going to happen I thought, "I saw them go up and I will see them go down". I had mixed emotions about the buildings being demolished but I got over that once I got involved with the weekly photographs. I originally started the photographs for me, then I realized there were all of the out of town people here on RP. There was a lot of confusion around the Softball stadium construction and I realized that much of it was a result of the out of town people not being able to see things first hand. I figured if I could help all the out of town folks here it would maybe eliminate rumor and misunderstanding. So my personal project morphed into something a little bigger.

I then met the general superintendent for Juneau construction when I was taking photos one weekend. I told him what I was doing and offered him all of my photos. That resulted in me making him a CD every month and dropping it off at the job site office. So it morphed again. I met Dr Savoie on Campus one day and my project morphed again. Architects Southwest (the local rep for the out of town Architect) is a client of mine and Steve Oubre asked if I could give him photos too. So it morphed again. Anyhow, what started as a personal project ended up as something I never though it would be. I always take photo records of my projects to help me remember what happened and when, so doing this was not a big deal for me and I was glad to do it.

12. Default Re: Campus Construction

Wow HelmutVII what I thought started out as an "its over" post, morphed into a great story.

Thanks for everything, I have thoroughly enjoyed your efforts.

13. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wow HelmutVII what I thought started out as an "its over" post, morphed into a great story.

Thanks for everything, I have thoroughly enjoyed your efforts.
    ----WE have all lived the coming down and raising up of these beautiful buildings---hopefully this can be used to show students what can be accomplished when all chip in for their university!!!

They have been constructing a plaza at the University Ave Johnston Street corner of the University in front of Girard Hall. these are a few shots of whats happening. This contractor must be related to the same guy that renovated the Softball Stadium, he doesn't move to fast.

A view from the circular drive. Girard Hall is in the background

dec-2-4

A view from the front of Girard Hall, Martin Hall to the back University Ave to the rear of the camera.

dec-2-5

15. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They have been constructing a plaza at the University Ave Johnston Street corner of the University in front of Girard Hall. these are a few shots of whats happening.
    I had been wondering why they had cut down the row of beautiful Pine trees.

Now I know.

Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information