Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: responses very

Getting harder to take photos each week as they are getting close to the end of exterior work.

Forming up for new sidewalk between Randolph (to the right) and Building 1 (to the left) Buchanan in the background.

rose-1

University ave. facade with new sidewalks and AC unit pads.

rose-2

Building 1 as seen from the parking lot behind Guillory Hall (next to the old Saucier clinic.

rose-3

Cleaning up the alley between building 1 and building 2. Sidewalks and lighting coming next.

rose-5

Cleaned and yet to be cleaned brick on the Boucher street facade of building 2 as seen from the side of McLauren gym

rose-4

2. Default Re: Campus Construction

From the clean bricks shot I will take a guess and say Building 1 as seen from the parking lot behind Guillory Hall has clean bricks.

Default Re: Campus Construction

Yes building 1 has been cleaned for some time now. The exterior of building 1 is just about finished except for the columns at the main entrance and maybe some clean up and caulking here and there. Once they started with sidewalk construction you can figure that the outside work is pretty much completed because they won't use any more manlifts where they have sidewalks.

They moved out the job shack late last week so that means it's the beginning of the end. With the job shack gone the University Ave facade of building 1 can be better seen.

building1-1

New rose garden area taking shape.

new-rose-garden

Building 1 and 2 as seen from the parking lot behind Guillory Hall.

building1-2

Building 1 alley facade as seen from Student Union service drive.

building1-4

Building 1 alley facade as seen from University Ave.

building1-3

Building 2 alley facade as seen from University Ave.

building2-2

Building 2 alley facade as seen from the Student Union service drive.

building2-3

Waterproofing Building 2 alley facade. Workers have different ways to beat the sun.

building2-1

After looking at the photo's for the last several months I think they can say, "this is the University of Louisiana"It has been 54 years for me now. Big change I must say.

There are one or two buildings accross the swamp from the student union facing the Blvd. I don't remember the name of the building(s), but they are total eyesores. I don't think the buildings are being used for anything, at least they shouldn't be. I hope they are being torn down to make a clear view of the swamp and renovated student union. Just a simple removal would help beautify the campus. Can you please confirm the status of them?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    There are one or two buildings accross the swamp from the student union facing the Blvd. I don't remember the name of the building(s), but they are total eyesores. I don't think the buildings are being used for anything, at least they shouldn't be. I hope they are being torn down to make a clear view of the swamp and renovated student union. Just a simple removal would help beautify the campus. Can you please confirm the status of them?
    I don't know the names either but they are used. Believe parking and transit office is on bottom floor as well as powerlifting teams gym.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I don't know the names either but they are used. Believe parking and transit office is on bottom floor as well as powerlifting teams gym.
    I just realized there is a separate thread on the student union construction and I should have posted there. Nonetheless, these two buildings are total dumps and eyesores. I think I read they will be torn down after construction on the student union. I'll have to reread that.

9. Default

Straight across from the Campus Swamp is the B.I. Moody School of Business. In my book it is still brand new.

You must be talking about the two buildings to the left (when facing)of Moody.

10. Default Re: Campus Construction

You are talking about Coronna and Olivier, they will be torn down during the Union construction. They are pretty hideous haha.

There are three buildings that you are talking about. Guillory, Olivier and Corona. Guillory is the building with the balcony over Cypress Lake. It will be used for food service during the Student Union Renovation. Corona and Olivier halls are on Hebrard Boulevard across from University Police. Corona Hall is the building in the last photograph posted in the Student Union construction thread. It still houses some offices. the other building is Olivier Hall and is vacant. It will house some of the student union offices while the current student union is being renovated. For sure Olivier and Corona will be torn down after student union renovation. Guillory might be saved with a total renovation (I don't know for sure though).

One of the new rose garden residence halls will be named Corona Hall. Which one I don't know. The other rose garden hall one will be named Bonin Hall. The new parking tower completed last September is named Olivier Parking Tower. Given that two new buildings are named Olivier and Corona it's a good bet that the existing Olivier and Corona will be demolished.

12. Default Re: Campus Construction

What will Dr A have named after him???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    What will Dr A have named after him???
    The state of the art, olympic sized, septic system.

Cleaning up along University Ave. The oak trees are going to be much happier I'm sure.

happy-trees

Unfortunately they were not too concerned about this tree. It's not as bad as it looks as there was a concrete parking lot there just three days ago. If the tree thrives the side walk will be bumped up in less than five years. It could have been planned better. An obvious example of having a designer 1000 miles from a project.

oh-my

This is the view of the same tree from another angle.

building1-2

Building 1 (probably Corona Hall) alley facade as seen from University Ave. They are working on drainage, walkways and lighting here. Once they finish the columns veneer will go on and the building will be very near completion. They will easily open this building in August.

building1-1

Building 2 (probably Bonin Hall) alley facade as seen from University Ave. This building is not as far along but they will probably be able to open by August.

building2-1

Building 1 and Building 2 as seen from the side of McLauren Gym. (I just noticed that there are no precast concrete elements between the second and third floor of building 2 at each window like there is for building 1. There is no gap in the brick reserved for them either. )

building1&2

University Ave facade of Building 2, McKinley street is to the rear of the camera.

building2-2

The Boucher Street facade of building 2 as seen from the side of the Student Union. The scaffolding for the brick layers is seen to the right of the building. They have finished all brick work on this building except for the area with exposed Tyvek. Once they finish this area only minor brick work remains on the project. Most of the brick layers are gone, hopefully to another job. If not they are home. The area where the Old Saucier Clinic was is in the foreground. This view was not available before they tore old Saucier down.

building2-3

The hectic pace of construction has been dramatically reduced this past couple of weeks. Most of the work is inside now and is not as noisy. It's nice to have a little peace and quiet on the weekends now. I understand that they are not going to replace the parking areas along University Ave. under the oak trees. The trees will like that much better and it will make a much nicer look along the road. There is still plenty of work to do on Harris, Randolph and Buchanan Halls but, if they don't make it for August, it will be OK as they are not critical for housing. It's already June 3 and August is 9 weeks away.

15. Default Re: Campus Construction

HelmutVII thanks again for all the updates. Very nice, and nice of you.

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 . LastLast

Thread Information