Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    From the pics that you say are from your driveway I can tell what neighbor you're referring too. I would often ride my bike that way when I was going to and from class. Those dang Macaws would always scare the crap out of me when I would turn on Gordon. First time I went that way I thought there was someone yelling at me on the other side of the fence. They have great mimicking skills.
    When the birds act up when I have visitors I tell them that my neighbor beats his wife. LOL

A little bit different view from the Hebrard University intersection. Part of building 1 is to the left and Randolph is to the right. The middle is the far end of building 1 (the end across from the old Saucier clinic). They are starting to clean up in the courtyard area. This will be the new rose garden.

building1-1

Building 1 as seen from the side of Mc Lauren Gym.

Building1-2

Alley facade of building 1 as seen from East University.

building1-5

Somebody must have missed something or there is something wrong with these two precast elements.

building1-4

The almost finished University Ave. entrance to building 1

building1-3

Both buildings as seen from the top of the Olivier Parking Tower. Building 1 is to the left.

both1-1

Building 2 as seen from the Student Union service drive.

building2-1

Building 2 from the side of McLauren Gym

Building2-2

Building 2 as seen from the McKinley Street University Ave intersection

building2-3

Randolph Hall getting a new roof and new second story windows.

randolph

Getting harder to find exterior work being done on the project. They have until August to be finished (just a little over four months) They will make it with the first building for sure. They second building will be close. Renovation of Harris Hall and Randolph will also be close. They haven't done much on Buchanan Hall and I'm guessing they may be saving that for last in case they run out of money or it may not be a high priority.

Cleaning up and installing drainage in the courtyard area behind building 1, Buchanan and Randolph halls. This will be the new Rose Garden area.

building1-1

Prefabricated drainage junction box (JB A-4) setting in front of building 1

jba-4

They opened up a rear entry to Randolph Hall. You can see through it to the rear entrance to building 1. Looking closer and you can see through to building 2 beyond and then a little bit of Harris Hall through the opening to building 2.

randolph-1

Building 1 as seen from the side of McLauren Gym

building1-2

Building 1 alley way facade as seen from University Ave. They are about two or three weeks from being finished with all the exterior work on Building 1.

building1-3

Alley way between the two buildings as seen from the Student Union service drive.

building1&2

Building 2 as seen from the front of the old Saucier Clinic

building2-1

Building 2 brick work as seen from the McKinley University intersection.

building2-2

Building 2 University Ave facade as seen from McKinley University intersection. Building 2 is not exactly like building 1. The University Ave facade was shortened to save the two Oak trees in the photo above. They kept the same number of rooms by constructing the wing they are bricking in the photo above.

building2-3

Building 2 Alley facade as seen from University Ave.

building2-4

Thanks again for the updates!

5. Default Re: Campus Construction

So cool to look at the progress.

Thanks Helmut

6. Default responses very

I'm new here , nice thread!

Default Re: responses very

Quote Originally Posted by Avocarto View Post
    If you started from the beginning of the thread it must have taken a while to get to the end. Student union construction will be a new thread. I spoke to one of the Architects on the student union job yesterday and he said they are feverishly working to get their plans finished for an early summer bid date. Lets hope they make it as a phased renovation job takes detailed planning.

Hmmmm, it may be the cynic in me but his post title "responses very" and his location in Nigeria make me think this guy is about to start scamming people on Ragin Pagin.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and we way more rabid Cajun fans in Nigeria than we thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

Hey guys! Mr Avocarto is an LSU graduate and has been introduced to U L via my friendship! He is a Chevron executive and a good man! Just another example of other higher ed entities embracing true accomplishments within our Louisiana borders! Go Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Avocarto View Post
    Welcome! Please visit often.

Oops, then I apologize. Welcome aboard!

No photos this week. Plenty of work being done but most of it is inside. Exterior views didn't change much this week.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Hey guys! Mr Avocarto is an LSU graduate and has been introduced to U L via my friendship! He is a Chevron executive and a good man! Just another example of other higher ed entities embracing true accomplishments within our Louisiana borders! Go Cajuns!
    Mr Avocarto, welcome aboard sir! A bit of advice.please dont let too many people know you are an aquaintence of UL Victory!!

Z

Starting with Buchanan Hall this time. They have started to do Asbestos abatement. Additional work being done in the new Rose Garden area too.

buchanan-1

Buchanan Hall from the rear of Gullory Hall. Windows are all covered up. Blowers creating negative air pressure in the building.

buchanan-2

Looking through Randolph Hall to the Arcade leading to the Vermilion Office.

randolph-2

Randolph Hall getting a handicapped ramp.

randolph-1

Cleaning up the parking lot behind Guillory Hall. Getting ready to move out to make room for transforming Guillory Hall to food service during Student Union Renovation.

rose-1

Gutter Downspouts waiting to be installed on Building 1.

rose-2

Exterior finish work on building 1. Not much left on the outside of this building. The gutter installer has showed up. Usually the last thing they do on the exterior.

building1-1

Alley facade of building 1. Columns still to do.

building1-2

Looking in the window you can see a ceiling fan installed and working in building 1. They started leaving the interior lights on all night in building 1. I guess the night shift uses them.

building1-3

American flag on the fence. Been there since day one of construction in the Rose Garden. I was hoping it would survive.

building1-4

University Ave facade of building 2. Bricks cleaned and waterproofing has started.

building2-3

Rear of Building 2. The new courtyard between it and Harris Hall. Harris Hall is to the left.

building2-2

Another view of the rear of building 2 from Boucher Drive. Harris Hall is to the right. I used to take photos from the fire escape but it was too close to the wall of the new building.

building2-1

Alley way facade of building 2

building2-4

Some different views this week.

This is the rear of building number 1 as seen from the rear of Randolph Hall. This will be the new Rose Garden.

building1-1

Building Number 1 as seen from the side of McLauren Gym

building1-3

Alley Facade of Building 1, the exterior is just about finished. They are pushing to complete the same facade of building 2 so they can finish up between the buildings

building1-4

The University Ave entrance to Building 1. They are getting ready to place the concrete walk. I'm thinking an awning similar to the awnings they took off of old Baker and Huger would look really good here. I don't think they would make it out of copper though.

building1-5

Alley facade of building 2. They have really made good progress and this facade it has almost caught up to building 1.

building2-1

Building 1 (foreground) and 2 (background) as seen from one of the drives to the parking lot behind Guillory Hall.

building1-2

Still doing asbestos abatement on Buchanan Hall

buchanan1-1

The new rear entrance to Randolph Hall. Looking towards University Ave.

Randolph1-1

Harris Hall gets new windows as seen from the front of Mc Lauren Gym.

harris-1

Some old ceiling fans in the second floor "Piano Room" in Harris Hall. One of the fans was on and it caught my eye through the open front door.

harris1-2

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information