Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by kelbow7 View Post
    The union phase should be getting underway really soon. Today, I saw workers clearing out Olivier Hall (old Parking & Transit Building) and tomorrow will be the last day Guillory Hall will be open.
    The day Olivier comes down will be a beautiful day

Continued rains last week and over 3 inches of rain on Saturday February 18 has really made a mess of the construction site. They continue to make good progress despite the rain.

This is the first building as seen from the University Ave Hebrard Blvd intersection. The East University facade has the brick work almost finished.

Rose-1

Another view of the East University facade of the first building. It looks like they may be waiting on some precast elements to finish a few areas.

Rose-6

A view of the first building from the old Saucier clinic steps.

Rose-2

A view of the first building from the Olivier Parking Tower.

Rose-4

A view of both buildings from the top of the Olivier Parking Tower. The second building is starting to rise above the oak trees.

Rose-3

A view of the second building from the north Harris Hall fire escape. This building has blocked the view of the first building from here. This is the third and highest level of the Harris Hall fire escape so I can't get any higher. This will be the best view I can get.

Rose-8

Another view of the second building from the north Harris Hall fire escape. This is where Bonin used to be. The other end of Harris Hall is to the extreme right of this photo.

rose-7

A view of the same area of the second building but from the east Harris Hall fire escape. McKinley Street is to the rear of the camera and University Ave is to the right of the second building.

Rose-9

A ground level shot of the second building. Harris Hall is to the rear of the camera. Work in this area on Monday will be a mess.

Rose6

The East University Ave. facade of the second building. University Ave is to the right and McKinley is to the rear of the camera.

Rose-5

The above photo was the 200th photo on the third flickr account making it the 600th photo posted of campus construction. The following photo is the first of the fourth flickr account I set up for campus photos. Flickr allows you to have only 200 photos before they want to charge you for the additional photos.

This is a photo of the alley way between the two new buildings. Now that the second building is starting to take shape you can kind of get an idea of what it will be like when things are finished. The dozer is parked across the alley on purpose to keep the forklifts from running up and down the alley. The rains yesterday really made a mess of things and the fork lifts were sinking up to their axles on other parts of the job.

Rose-10

Amazing to be able to watch this part of campus just explode with activity! I'm so glad to see this happening! This will have a marked impact on the university for decades to come! Thanks for the documentation, Helmut! You have been awesome!

On a separate note, I was at the print shop yesterday and they were in the process of printing 20 sets of plans for the Student Union renovation project. Looks like they are sending it out for review and blessings by all involved.

This week brought on and off rain so progress has been on and off. Interior work on building 1 is progressing as they have all the single unit windows in and the roof on so it is out of the weather.

This is the view of building 1 from the East University Ave. Hebrard Blvd intersection. University Ave is to the left.

rose-1

A view of Building 1 from the student union service drive.

rose-2

A view of building 2 from the student union service drive.

rose-3

Building 2 in foreground and building 1 in background as seen from the sidewalk in front of McLaren Gym.

rose4

Building 2 in foreground and building 1 in background as seen from the sidewalk at the rear of Harris Hall.

rose-8

Building 2 as seen from the north Harris Hall fire escape. The other end of Harris Hall is to the far right and the East University/McKinley street intersection can be seen between the two buildings.

rose6

Building 2 as seen from the north Harris Hall fire escape. This is where Bonin Hall used to be.

rose5

The University of Louisiana brick color compliments of Cherokee Brick Company. I'm sure this job has made them very happy.

rose7

One of my projects that is almost finished. If you are in the Loureauville area you cant miss it. It's almost 200 feet tall and is the largest single object around.

tank-cropped

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    One of my projects that is almost finished. If you are in the Loureauville area you cant miss it. It's almost 200 feet tall and is the largest single object around.

tank-cropped
    That's where I got my water from growing up haha, its great to see them expand on that old tower.

Not as much rain this week allowed them to make progress every day. (Not so much mud on the streets either).

Building 1 as seen from the University Ave Hebrard Blvd. intersection. University Ave is to the left.

rose-1

Building 1 as seen from the front steps of the Saucier clinic.

rose-2

Building 1 as seen from the Student Union service drive.

rose-3

Building 2 as seen from the student union service drive.

rose-4

Building 2 in foreground and Building 1 to to the rear. Harris hall is to the immediate right. As seen from Boucher drive sidewalk in front of McLauren Gym.

rose-5

Building 2 as seen from the east fire escape of Harris Hall. Harris Hall is to the left.

rose-6

Old doors and door jambs removed from Harris Hall. Note the old time transoms on the top of the doors. Definitely before air conditioning. I wonder how many students walked through these doors over the years. I'm surprised they are not putting these directly into a dumpster. They now have to handle them twice.

rose-7

Both new buildings as seen from the top of the Olivier Parking Tower. From left to right is Buchanan Hall then Building 1then Building 2 then the roof of Harris hall. You can just see the roof of McLauren gym in the front of building 2.

rose-8

Randolph Hall as seen from Hebrard Blvd. The inside has been completely gutted and they are starting to place new partition walls.

rose-9

View of construction from the driveway to my home. The trees hide most of the building and the affect is not much different than before.

rose-10

It's starting to get harder to get good photos. The buildings are very large and I can't get far enough from them to get a decent viewpoint. Either trees, piles of construction materials or other buildings get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    It's starting to get harder to get good photos. The buildings are very large and I can't get far enough from them to get a decent viewpoint. Either trees, piles of construction materials or other buildings get in the way.
    I still think that they look great. We all appreciate the effort

12. Default Re: Campus Construction

These are great, even without a wide angle lens.

Thanks

ps I added a link on the Welcome Page

Njustice and Turbine thank you very much. the problem is I am zoomed out to 28 MM which is a wide angle lens. The buildings are big, really big. (you can't see the forest (buildings) for the trees (buildings)

Great info HelmutVII, I always look forward to your updates.

15. Default Re: Campus Construction

Went past the done and soon to be finished areas tonight---Just beautiful-------Any chance of some night time shots??? My wife and I were showing a young lady around on a car tour and the bike trail lights are really nice from the horticulture area to the dome and beyond!!!

Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread Information