Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Expansions

Work being done on January 15, 2011

Board road entrance to the job site.

board-road

Parking lot to the credit union almost gone

credit-union-1-15

Debris pile next to Bancroft Hall. Looks like they are still removing asbestos. The trailer next to the backhoe is for Insul-Tech and asbestos removal company.

denbo-bancroft-debris

Plumbing progressing on first dorm

first-dorm-progress-1

Next phase of plumbing on first dorm

first-dorm-progress-2

Foundation steel waiting on plumbing to be finished

foundation-steel

Lots of work going on today Saturday January 22, 2011. A concrete crew, a plumbing crew and a demolition crew. Looks like they are waiting for a foundation crew for the parking garage as not much has happened there this week. They must be held up on another job.

work-site

Placing concrete for the foundation for Dorm Number 1

placing-concrete

Close up of the concrete pumping operation. The guy in the foreground with the diagonal strap across his back is the operator for the pumper truck. The operation is by remote control.

pumping-concrete

Getting ready to place a debris tarp on Bancroft Hall

debris-tarp

Parking Garage site cleared and waiting for foundation crew.

waiting-for-foundation

3. Default Re: Campus Expansions

These are from the evening of 1-26-11.

The Credit Union and its parking lot are completely gone.
    Old Credit Union

When the walls come tumblin' down!
    When the walls come crumblin' crumblin'!
    When the walls come tumblin' tumblin' down!

They started tearing down Bancroft today.
    Bancroft

They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot! (Ok, so I wouldn't call the band practice field paradise after spending 5 years marching on it.)
    DSC05775

Also, I need a better camera.

Wow.It's going to look extremely different.

5. Alumni Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ Wow.It's going to look extremely different. _
    I've always considered this art of the outskirts of campus. (Even though I spent so much time on that band field and in Angelle Hall.) Before the tower was built, the only people around were those of us in band and the people around Angelle. I think once everything is completed its going to bring a lot more people to that side of campus, make it seem more like a main part of campus.

I was in Pride band for 3 years as well, and i was just wondering where the hell are they gonna practice now? it seems like every few years they lose the band field. is there band field gonna be between the dorms and parking towers?

7. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    _ I was in Pride band for 3 years as well, and i was just wondering where the hell are they gonna practice now? it seems like every few years they lose the band field. is there band field gonna be between the dorms and parking towers? _
    Yes, the band field as it is now isn't going to be touched, other than having a temporary parking lot over it right now. Supposedly they'll be able to use it for the fall.

Once I saw Griffin had moved in the BFDBH if figured it wouldn't be long. That machine could have taken down both buildings in about 3 days. The limiting factor is hauling off the debris. Lemoine is making very good progress on Dorm no 1 even with all the rain we have been having. It's nice to see a real contractor do work. I'm thinking they should take a weekend off and finish the Softball stadium.

On another note, renovation of Girard Hall is finished except for a little bit of dress up work on the outside. The building looks very nice.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Campus Expansions

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ Wow.It's going to look extremely different. _
    Ditto! Lot of stories happened in all these old buildings and these new building will create much needed space and qualitly buildings for many new stories to be made!

To see these two buildings go is a joy to my heart. Countless times I was awoken in the middle of the night to calls of wasps in peoples rooms. I'm not an exterminator. I also had a pipe burst in the ground causing the parking lots to be a lake at 2 AM. Never lived there, but as a maintenance workerbye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ I've always considered this art of the outskirts of campus. (Even though I spent so much time on that band field and in Angelle Hall.) Before the tower was built, the only people around were those of us in band and the people around Angelle. I think once everything is completed its going to bring a lot more people to that side of campus, make it seem more like a main part of campus. _
    Back in the day the area where Griffin and Rougeou Halls are was called Little Abbeville. It was a collection of World War II buildings used to instruct those in the military V12 (I think) program. Where Fletcher Hall is, was the Baseball Field. Beyond that was the hinterlands that was married student housing, maintenance, the male dorms and Martin Dining hall.

12. Default Re: Campus Expansions

Helmut I remember reading about that, and I'm pretty positive that it as the V12 program. There's a plaque by the flagpole in front of Martin Hall dedicated to it.

While where talking about back in the day, can somebody tell me what this used to be:

Old

It's on St. Mary close to Johnston. It's behind the Burger King. I've wondered this for 6 years, since I was a freshman.

13. Default Re: Campus Expansions

_ Helmut I remember reading about that, and I'm pretty positive that it as the V12 program. There's a plaque by the flagpole in front of Martin Hall dedicated to it.

While where talking about back in the day, can somebody tell me what this used to be:

Old

It's on St. Mary close to Johnston. It's behind the Burger King. I've wondered this for 6 years, since I was a freshman. _
    I am pretty sure that it was an apartment/house----but next door was the home of about 6 of us senior f-ball players who had just moved of campus when our careers were over---Some VERY SERIOUS parties were held at this location!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I am pretty sure that it was an apartment/house----but next door was the home of about 6 of us senior f-ball players who had just moved of campus when our careers were over---Some VERY SERIOUS parties were held at this location!!!! _
    It was an apartment, it caught fire back in the early 90's I believe.

_ Helmut I remember reading about that, and I'm pretty positive that it as the V12 program. There's a plaque by the flagpole in front of Martin Hall dedicated to it.

Old

It's on St. Mary close to Johnston. It's behind the Burger King. I've wondered this for 6 years, since I was a freshman. _

I believe it was called "Dupuis Mens Dorm". It's now a terrible eye sore and should be removed

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information