Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    This my be the longest thread in Ragin Pagin history.
    But one of the most important!

2. Default Re: Campus Construction

This my be the longest thread in Ragin Pagin history.
    certainly the most picturesque.

Thanks

This thread makes me wantto go back to school.but not back to class

So jealous after living in the Pit of Despair that was Voorhies Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Lol, I'm with ya there! V-TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Count me in that number as well! (On both counts!)

Rain Tuesday 11/22 along with Thanksgiving and rain again on 11/26 rsults in not much work this past week. There was no work from Thanksgiving to today Sunday 11/27. I think that is the first time since construction began that there has been a suspension of work for that long. Today Sunday 11/27 there was one guy on the site running pumps to dewater excavations so they could work tomorrow. It was kind of nice to have some quite time in the area.

This is a composite photo of the first Rose Garden Residence hall. There is a large pile of prefabricated truss joists in the left foreground. It will be a while before they need these because the interior walls are not framed yet. Maybe by the end of this coming week if they get good weather.

rose-2

Composite photo of the second Rose Garden residence hall. Pretty muddy from an all day rain on Saturday.

rose-1

Foundation for a stairwell for the second Rose Garden residence hall. Water in the excavation to the rear was being pumped out today.

rose-3

Composite photo of the view from Boucher Street at the Student Union service driveway. The middle is the future alley way between the two new buildings. to the left is Buchanan Hall to the right is Harris Hall. The water in the street to the right of the red pickup truck is from pumps being used to dewater the site.

rose-4

Composite photo of the first Rose Garden residence hall from the rear of the Vermilion Office.

rose-5

Not much to show around Baker-Huger due to rains and holidays.

Plenty of mud between Baker Huger. Baker to the right. Huger to the left.

bager-huger-1

Light poles waiting to be installed.

baker-huger-3

Parking lot behind Hamilton Hall almost cleared of construction materials.

baker-huger-2

A hidden patio behind Burke-Hawthorne Hall. Burke theater is to the right. The new addition is to the left. It is very nice and the casual campus visitor will never find it.

burke-hawth-patio

The recent rains have caused the resurrection ferns to resurrect. There are MILLIONS of acorns on campus. I'm thinking there will be a squirrel population boom.

res-fern

A hidden patio behind Burke-Hawthorne Hall. Burke theater is to the right. The new addition is to the left. It is very nice and the casual campus visitor will never find it.

burke-hawth-patio

I LOVE this patio. I'm always there if I have classes in Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by I Cajun Me View Post
    Lol, I'm with ya there! V-TOWN!!
    Just had to post to Represent for Stokes! 1st 2 semesters I was paired up with some very strange roomates.

11. Default Re: Campus Construction

Thanks for the "Resurrection Fern" update.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks for the "Resurrection Fern" update.
    The oak trees look normal with green Resurrection Fern.

This is a link to the Juneau Construction web site for the construction on campus. The current aerial photo was from earlier this month.

http://www.juneaucc.com/pro_ULL_Student_Housing.aspx

Finishing touches being placed on Huger Hall. The rain we are getting now (Sunday) is expected to last until Tuesday so they won't finish the courtyard as soon as they expected.

Composite photo from the Taft Tulane intersection.

huger-1

Courtyard between Baker and Huger. Baker is to the left.

huger-2

Touching up the columns at the entrance to Huger. It goes on pink and turns white when it's ready to sand. I tried to get more info from the guy putting it on but my Spanish is not that great.

huger-3

Getting so close to a large work area makes it difficult to show the scale of the work going on. (even with a 28 mm lens) . I have had to resort to composite photos to try to show more of the scale of work going on.

This is a view of the Rose Garden work as seen from the Harris Hall fire escape. The first residence hall is to the rear of the photo and is nearest to Randolph Hall

rose-3

This is a closer view of the first residence hall. They are completing the interior stud walls of the first floor.

rose-2

This is a view of the second residence hall from the Harris Hall fire escape. University avenue is to the rear and McKinley is to the right.

rose-4

This is a view of the same area as above but from another fire escape for Harris Hall. University is to the right. McKinley street is to the rear of the camera. This is where Bonin Hall used to be.

rose-1

This is a view of work from the service drive to the Student Union on Boucher Street. Buchanan Hall is to the left and Harris hall is on the right. The middle of the photo is the future alley between the two new buildings.

rose-5

The recent rains have caused the construction site to be a mud bowl but they continue to work through it.

This is the second Rose Garden residence hall as seen from the east Harris Hall fire escape. University Ave. is to the right and McKInley is to the rear of the camera. This is where Bonin Hall used to be. Looks like they will be placing the concrete slab soon because the moisture barrier is down.

rose-1

Another view of the Second Rose Garden Residence Hall as seen from the east Harris Hall fire escape. University ave. is to the right and the north end of Harris Hall is to the left. This will be the largest of the four residence halls built.

rose-2

The first Rose Garden Residence Hall as seen from the North Harris Hall fire escape. Buchanan and Randolph Halls are to the rear, Boucher is to the left and University Ave is to the right. They have about 10% of the second floor deck completed.

rose-3

The fourth and final stairwell of the second Rose Garden residence hall is completed. It is the final stairwell of the entire project.

rose-4

Preparing the joist to accept the decking. The Yellow material marked GP is a fire wall.

rose-5

A view of the first Rose Garden Residence hall as seen from the rear of Randolph Hall.

rose9

A panorama of the Rose Garden construction as seen from the Boucher Drive service drive to the Student Union. Buchanan Hall is to the left and Harris hall is to the right. Open Webbed truss joist can be seen in the right foreground.

rose-7

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 . LastLast

Thread Information