Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Default Re: Campus Construction

January 2, 2011 the old Credit Union building

demo3

August 13, 2011 New Parking Garage almost finished.

garage-paint

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Since Baker Hall is finished this will be the final before and after of Baker Hall.

January 2, 2011

demo-1

August 13, 2011, Finis.

baker-finis

The only thing they have left to do is to install lights along the sidewalk along the front and side of the building.
    That is an excellent comparison photo and really impresses me with how great the new dorm looks!

Thanks for your tremendous efforts Helmut!

Thanks Helmut. In the early 80's I had an apartment on Taft between Denbo & University. Your pictures have been a great reminder of the times spent there. As someone who only gets by campus during the football season now, it has been a great way to stay informed. Once again, thanks for your time & effort.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30388590@N05/6042702778/

this is a pic from inside one of the bedrooms in new baker, couldnt get a better shot during our walkthrough but this gives a general idea theres another bed just like that one to camera left

I got my "La Louisiane" in the mail this morning. It has several articles about all the construction on campus including the Student Union renovation. Really good and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Since Baker Hall is finished this will be the final before and after of Baker Hall.

January 2, 2011

demo-1

August 13, 2011, Finis.

baker-finis

The only thing they have left to do is to install lights along the sidewalk along the front and side of the building.
    Helmut,

Used your photo: http://ultoday.com/node/4204 Would have attributed it to you personally, but don't know your real name.

7. Default Re: Campus Construction

At a STATE FARM reception for incoming students outside of new dorm, I talked to a employee from the company handling the new dorm---I told him of the juxtaposition photo and that he could find it on R-Pagin---He was most anxious to check it out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ultoday View Post
    Helmut,

Used your photo: http://ultoday.com/node/4204 Would have attributed it to you personally, but don't know your real name.
    No problem, I kind of prefer being in the background. If you click on the photo in Ragin Pagin thread it should take you directly to the fliker photo stream. I have used two photo streams because they limit you to 200 photos before they start charging a fee. The photos are not restricted and anybody can use them at any time. So help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    At a STATE FARM reception for incoming students outside of new dorm, I talked to a employee from the company handling the new dorm---I told him of the juxtaposition photo and that he could find it on R-Pagin---He was most anxious to check it out!!!!
    I have met the General Superintendent for the project and gave him 3 CD's worth of photos from Jan 2 to August 6. If you see the guy again tell him to check with Troy.

10. Default Re: Campus Construction

I recommend a copy go to the Dupre Library-----AND I looked around to the back and was stunned at the progress on the other new dorm!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I recommend a copy go to the Dupre Library-----AND I looked around to the back and was stunned at the progress on the other new dorm!!!!
    Yes new Huger is progressing rapidly. I have found it difficult to capture because (up until today) I couldn't get far enough away to capture the scope of work because other buildings or trees were in the way. However, today that has changed as you will see.

Lots and lots of stuff to show today. Since the new Parking garage is partially open to the public I was able to get better camera angles on new Huger and New Baker dorms.

New Baker dorm as seen from the new Parking garage. A very very nice building.

new-baker-$$

Another shot of new Baker dorm from the new parking garage.

New-baker-$

New Baker as seen from Taft Street. A curious mixture of construction workers, students and parents of students.

Baker-taft

Facade of New Baker dorm facing Hamilton Hall. Landscaping being put in . Another curious mixture of construction equipment, storage yard and student bikes. It's kind of surreal in many ways although you can feel that it will be a very nice space once the construction is finished.

new-baker-bikes

The new band practice field. The recent rains have given it renewed vigor and the grass is taking hold nicely.

band-field

New Huger hall is progressing at a rapid rate. Here are a few photos taken today August 20, 2011

New Huger Hall as seen from the new Parking Garage. New Baker to the right and Hamilton Hall to the left.

new-huger

New Huger Hall as seen from Taft - Tulane intersection

new-huger-taft

Taft Street facade of New Huger hall

new-huger-taft-2

Tulane Avenue facade. Brick masons got busy last week. LUS has shifted the overhead power lines over to reduce the chance of contact with the transmission lines.

new-huger-tulane

New Huger as seen from new parking garage. Hamilton hall is in the foreground.

new-huger-hamilton

Another view of new Huger Hall from the new parking garage. New Baker roof is in foreground. The amount of roof structure gives you an appreciation of haw large the buildings are. However, the photgraph does not do it justice. You have to be there to really take it all in.

new-huger-baker

New Parking Garage is partially open to the public.

A view from Taft Street - New Baker is to the right, Taft Street Parking Garage and Angelle Hall ar to the left.

garage-taft

Cavernous interior ramp of the parking garage this is either the fourth or fifth level.

garage-ramp

East side top level ramp of the new Parking Garage. The deck is coated for water proofing.

garage-ramp-1

Landscaping of walk way between Hamilton Hall and new Parking Garage being done today.

garage-sidewalk

One of the many weld plates used to connect the individual precast panels. The field weld is on the left.

garage-weld-plate

Demolition of Rose Garden dorms has started.

Evangeline Hall was leveled today in about an hour. Here are two views of what is left.

evangeline-demo-1

evangeline-demo-2

Demolition of Baker Dorm was started but they uncovered some steel beams covered with fireproofing material. They stopped until they could run a test to see if it contained Asbestos. (It probably does).

baker-demo-2

baker-demo-1

The steel with the potential ACM is the horizontal member to the left of the top of what was a stair well. This is one of the Hays Town dorms that caused the fuss in the paper last week. There is nothing extraordinary about these buildings. Once all the landscaping is removed the buildings look like they were from his Auschwitz period (LOL). If they had not found the potential ACM this building would have been leveled today also.

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information