Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    _ Two Words: STATE CONTRACT

whatever will did will this bid, we must repeat. _
    Did you mean "instate contractor"?

Whatever will did will you typed will you did. don't repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    _ Two Words: STATE CONTRACT(softball stadium)
    whatever process we used to get these buildings done so quickly, we must repeat. _

Still doing asbestos removal and other prep work for demolition of old dorms so not much to show there.

New Huger is moving along very nicely. This is a view from Tulane Ave

huger-tulane

Placing exterior OSB sheeting on the fourth floor of new Huger Hall.

huger-sheeting

Stacked roof trusses for new Huger Hall

huger-trusses

New Baker Hall on July 9, 2011. They are cleaning up the storage yard and hauling out the limestone they used to stabilize the site. They are forming up for a sidewalk along the front of the building. Finally getting to see what the finished product might look like

baker1-july9

New Baker Hall with new parking garage on left. Entrance to new Baker Hall is taking shape.

baker2-july9

Parking Garage as seen from Taft Street

garage-taft

Parking Garage As seen from the rear of Angelle Hall on McKinley street

garage-angelle

I love that they're trying to keep the same architectural styles as the older buildings on campus. Griffin and Wharton do the job, but they just don't look nearly as nice.

Work on the Horizon.

Existing Health Services Building to be Demolished after renovation of OK Allen Hall is finished.

demolish-health

Old Student Union/ Bowling Alley/ Student Services Building to be demolished after renovation of OK Allen Hall is finished. Won't be sorry to see this go.

deomilsh-old-stu

Guillory and Corona Halls to be Demolished after renovation of OK Allen hall is finished. Won't be sorry to see these go either.

demolish-guillory-corona

7. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ Work on the Horizon.

Existing Health Services Building to be Demolished after renovation of OK Allen Hall is finished.

demolish-health

Old Student Union/ Bowling Alley/ Student Services Building to be demolished after renovation of OK Allen Hall is finished. Won't be sorry to see this go. Anyway brings back some memories---Yearbook dealings, feeding alligators, falling in love every day in the student union, pep rallies inside, treatment for VD in infirmary (JOKE), treated for the flu (NO JOKE), Letters from my girl in NO--it use to be the post office also-----training table duties---great times!!!!

deomilsh-old-stu

Guillory and Corona Halls to be Demolished after renovation of OK Allen hall is finished. Won't be sorry to see these go either.

demolish-guillory-corona _
    Somebody somewhere Somehow mentioned that where these buildings had been would be a Village concept going from the new dorms to the student Center-----This would make me think about finishing up and getting a phd in anything---Can you live in the dorms and not be a student---What a retirement idea!!!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Can you live in the dorms and not be a student---What a retirement idea!!!!
    There would be a waiting list for sure.

On a brighter though dire note; New dorms would be available on a fairly regular basis.

igeaux.mobi

9. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ New Baker Hall on July 9, 2011. They are cleaning up the storage yard and hauling out the limestone they used to stabilize the site. They are forming up for a sidewalk along the front of the building. Finally getting to see what the finished product might look like

baker1-july9
    Band director said the band field is going to be put in next week, giving the new grass about a month to take hold before band camps starts.

The reverb is going to be HORRIBLE. I kinda feel bad for the students living in the dorm facing the field, as the band faces that way and not the parking tower.

They still haven't started with the demolition of the old dorms along University. The only dorm that still has electric power is Bonin. I suspect that once they de-energize Bonin it won't be long.

New Huger from Taft/Tulane intersection

huger-taft

New Baker and New Huger from Taft/Tulane intersection

huger-baker

They are taking a little bit different course of construction on new Huger. I guess they learned things on Baker and are able to speed things up a little bit. New Huger is about where new Baker was in May.

New Baker and parking garage as seen from Taft

baker-parking

New Baker on July 16, 2011. The roof vents along the top are being stored on the roof. the ones along the bottom (in a straight line) are installed.

baker-7-16

Placing concrete for a sidewalk along the front of New Baker hall. the three boxes at the rear of the transit mix truck are visqueen. They needed it about 30 minutes later as it started to rain.

baker-sidewalk

Welding a joint in the Parking Garage.

parking-welding

Stored Landscape materials by the parking garage. New concrete paving on the first level of the parking garage. I would suspect that they will be able to drive up and down the parking garage pretty soon.

parking-landscape

New location for Band directors stand against the Taft Street parking garage. Looks like the band will reverse it's practice field from what it was before.

band-director.

11. Default Re: Campus Construction

This is awesome. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished. I'm also glad to see Corona/Guillory/etc. will be gone very soon. Eyesores.

What's the status on the union renovation/expansion?

12. Default Re: Campus Construction

I read in some article from the Advocate that Corona and the other Ugly one, may be put on hold I believe they are having some trouble finding space for the offices.

So instead they will focus on starting remolding the inside of the union.

Will the cafeteria have to be moved for renovation? If so where will they move it too?

Health Services and other services that are in Guilllory and Corona to move will move to OK Allen once it's renovated. Renovation of OK allen was funded by Student Union funds. OK Allen was in pretty good shape considering it was almost 100 years old. It had started as and "L" shaped building had an addition to make it a "T" shaped building then two more additions to the rear (to the quad). There was some rot found on the roof and all of the roof trim had to be removed due to rot. It still had the Kitchen area in tact but no equipment.

I would suspect that things would get going after OK Allen is renovated. There is an energy efficiency project going on now that is upgrading the cooling tower and chilled water loop that is supplied by the existing Student Union cooling tower and mechanical system. I would guess that is in anticipation of the renovation but I'm not 100% sure of that. I am not involved in the Student Union Renovation project (other than OK Allen) so I don't know particulars.

VII sure did some legwork on this project.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Campus Construction

Is the area for the band to practice any smaller than prior to the new construction? If so, will the area be large enough for the band to actually practice formations at its current size and/or at 300+ strong?

Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information