Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Campus Construction

1. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ Parking Garage as of 5/08/11. This will be a very imposing building. some may not like it because it will be out of proportion to other buildings on campus.

View of parking garage from Tulane Ave.
    garage-tulane
    You are not kidding. It's already kind of imposing in this picture.

Default Re: Campus Construction

Consistent progress through the week. Brick work has started in earnest this week and has progressed above the bottom of the second floor windows. More interior work being done.
    baker-5-14

Close up of the brick work

baker-brick

Tulane avenue dorm as of 5-14. Just placed concrete this morning.

tulane-dorm5-14

Parking Garage as of 5-14

Garage-5-14

Parking Garage from McKinley

garage-mc-kinley

Parking garage from Tulane Avenue
    garage-tulane-2

The parking garage will be a huge structure.

Today I noticed that they are in the process of removing all the Air Conditioner units and some furniture from old Baker and Huger halls. I guess they are pretty confident that the new Baker Hall will be finished for the Fall semester.

_ Today I noticed that they are in the process of removing all the Air Conditioner units and some furniture from old Baker and Huger halls. I guess they are pretty confident that the new Baker Hall will be finished for the Fall semester. _
    Big boss says August. Just need a few more weeks of good weather and it will be about all inside for this one. One big dorm. And more coming. Parking garage will help a great deal - depending on cost!! Impressed with construction crew. Getting after it. Seems well coordinated.

Demolition of Huger, Baker, Bonin and Evageline should start soon.

Huger-baker-bonin

The stump to the right was an Oak tree that was over 50 years old. Funny how they take these trees down when school is out. This is one they said they were going to move.

baker-bonin-evangeline

Oak tree removed from behind Bonin Hall
    bonin-tree

Plaque at entrance to old Huger hall (I hope nobody steals it)

huger-plaque

Plaque at entrance to old Baker hall (I hope nobody steals this one too)baker-plaque

New Baker hall as of 5-21-11 Brick work up to the third floor level at this side of the building

new-baker-4-21

New Baker as seen from Taft Street

new-baker-1

Brick layer foreman to the left. they were setting precast concrete sections on the wall. Note the two story poles attached by "C" clamps on the walls. Story poles are used to make sure you end where you started.

brick-foreman

Parking Garage as of 5-21-11

parking-garage-5-21

One of the Mc Kinley street entrances. I was hoping they would have an arch somewhere on this building as there is an arch on almost all of the buildings on campus.

parking-garage-mc-kinley

Parking garage as seen from the front of Hamilton Hall

parking-garage-hamilton

Facilities will be much better, but wish we had much more land for the more landscaping.

I sometimes took classes in what was then called "little abbeville," the wooden buildings built during WWII at the back of campus.

The campus was more beautiful then, but it got pretty hot in those old buildings.

10. Default Re: Campus Construction

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    _ Facilities will be much better, but wish we had much more land for the more landscaping.

I sometimes took classes in what was then called "little abbeville," the wooden buildings built during WWII at the back of campus.

The campus was more beautiful then, but it got pretty hot in those old buildings. _
    Just wait---T-Joe's landscaping is on the way!!!!! I wish we had the fore and after of the entire campus since he came!!!!!

I do know that the Campus is much cleaner now. they have had prison labor on campus on Saturdays to help with the clean up. Not long after Dr. Savoie became president they did a general clean up of the buildings on campus. That was about the same time they cleaned Cajun Field. It looks much better now.

I would like to see what the landscaping will look like around the parking garage and New Baker and the Tulane Ave dorm (probably new Huger).

12. Default Re: Campus Construction

_ I do know that the Campus is much cleaner now. they have had prison labor on campus on Saturdays to help with the clean up. Not long after Dr. Savoie became president they did a general clean up of the buildings on campus. That was about the same time they cleaned Cajun Field. It looks much better now.

I would like to see what the landscaping will look like around the parking garage and New Baker and the Tulane Ave dorm (probably new Huger). _
    I think--again---- I think that in the visual that the university released--it showed some really nice seating areas with the trees and just nicely done L-scaping---With all this done so well --just know that the rest will be very much in line with the total construction package!!!!

Baker Hall Saturday May 28, 2011. the dark colored brick on the left has been cleaned the rest has not.

baker1

View of Baker Hall from Taft Street

baker2

The building is basically out of the weather. Still plenty of brick work to do on the back side of the building

14. Default Re: Campus Construction

_ Baker Hall Saturday May 28, 2011. the dark colored brick on the left has been cleaned the rest has not.

baker1

View of Baker Hall from Taft Street

baker2

The building is basically out of the weather. Still plenty of brick work to do on the back side of the building _
    Get these guys to do Moore Field!!!!

Parking Garage as of May 28, 2011.

garage1

Two entrances on McKinley street

this one near Angelle Hall

garage2

this one near Hamilton Hall

garage3

they should be pretty close to being through with the McKinley side of the garage by the end of next week. If that happens, they will be about 50% finished with the erection of the building.

This is a view from the front yard of Hamilton Hall

garage4

They have placed temprary fencing around old Baker and Huger along with Bonin, Evangeline and Buchanan Halls. Looks like demolition should start pretty soon on Bonin, old Baker and Huger and Evageline. (Maybe next week)

Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information