View Poll Results: Should Don Allen once again be "The Voice of the Cajuns"?

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • What were they thinking.Most definetly!

28 32.94%
  • It would be nice, but not a big deal.

16 18.82%
  • NO Wayhurray for Jay!

31 36.47%
  • Who is Don Allen?

10 11.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back "The Voice of the Cajuns"

1. Default

Not that you guys will care about my opinion, but as a kid growing up and listening to the cajun games from time to time, Don Allen will ALWAYS be the voice of the cajuns in my book!! I really enjoyed listening to Don up until "someone" had him canned.
    On that note, I don't know if any of you listen to 1420 in the afternoons as I do from time to time, but here is a very disturbing issue I have with jay walker: A gentleman called into the show to ask a question about Jake Delhomme and how could he get another autographed poster from Jake. Reason being is that the callers house burnt to the ground a couple of weeks ago and his 4 or 5 (I think) year old sons autographed poster of Jake was destroyed in the fire. I could tell by the tone of walkers voice that he was not going to give this guy the time of day. His reply to the caller was to email the Carolina Panthers website. The caller said that he had already done that and received no reply. jays response was "then I don't know what to tell you". I may be being a little petty about this, but c'mon, at least show some decency and at least try to make an attempt to show some sympathy. With that being said, .bring back Don Allen! He was the man and will ALWAYS be the voice of the cajuns in my opinion!
    Shame on you walker!!!!

2. Default

I heard the caller on the radio show and didn't get that feeling at all. Jay The Man!!

Jay Walker does a great job.

Originally posted by HOTBOUDIN
    sometimes he's just as enthusiastic for the opposition

i like homers
    Me Too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don Allen and Jay Walker were the duo that I remember. Jay would fire me up and Don would calm me down. I lived and died by some of their broadcasts.

I can't say that I have ever heard a better duo.

6. Default

They say money is the root of all evil,.I say it's GREED!

7. Default

Originally posted by JustRagin
    They say money is the root of all evil,.I say it's GREED!
    Not money, "the love of money"

Oh well you are right the love of money leads to greed. So how does that fit in with great broadcasters who stayed in Lafayette?

8. Default

I don't think it would be appropriate. It's over and done.

Going to the game fridayhope to see many Cajun Fans! I beleive a few of us are gonna try and play some golf while we are there.will give details later.

9. Default

Tumble?

10. Default

Jay Walker is a plug. I can't stand his "Yankee" attitude towards things. I would love to have Don back. Don is good and knows the game.

11. Default

Dam "Yankee" Northern attitude. I heard the same thing. That poor guy Paul that calls in on the radio is his "_____." Walker is so rude to that poor man, it makes me so dam mad!!!
    I really don't see either what they see (UL) in this dude. I love the stupid people who call in to him and ask him questions about sports. Cracks me up to listen to that B.S. I know radio is some sort of entertainment but w/ this guy it seems that people are "bothering" him on the air. BRING BACK DON ALLEN PLEASE!!!

12. Default

Dunk you very much.

13. Default

Jay has gotten better, but Don is the best.

Having known all three announcers I think they are cut from the same mould. I like Jaybird.he has paid his dues and the others have moved on.end of story

Jay calls it more less right down the middle. Yeah, I'm wondering why we are having this discussion. This is not even thinking about being close. Don is not THAT bad, but he can't hold Jay's jock.

Later On

P.S. FINALLY AberGame HAS COME HERE.to stay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information