Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisville's Pitino & adm. assistant S. Davenport wanted no part of the Ragin Cajuns!

Ragin' Cajuns Louisville's Pitino & adm. assistant S. Davenport wanted no part of the Ragin Cajuns!

"Comments from Louisville Head Coach Rick Pitino (on the matchup with Louisiana-Lafayette)" "At the beginning of the year when we were looking at scheduling, (U of L administrative assistant) Scott Davenport was watching a lot of film on who to play and who not to play (non-conference). We were looking at playing Louisiana-Lafayette. Scott said `Coach, that's one of the teams we don't want to play.' They're a veteran team and they're loaded with talent, so we do know them. The good news is that we know them, but the bad news is that they're very talented. We have ourselves a very difficult opening round game. We've got to go right to work and be ready for them."

Check it out!

http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/.031305aaa.html

Ragin' Cajuns

Check it out!

Head Coach R. Pitino audio clip.

http://www.louisville.edu/athletics/.305-pitino.ram

Looking at there schedule.they pretty much dominated everyone they played.kinda scary!

Ragin' Cajuns

Nice video clip of Francisco Garcia and Taquan Dean. Check it out!

http://mfile.akamai.com/9192/rm/cstv.download.akamai.com/9192/cstv_videos/shows/0105/1collegeshow-012105-lville.rm

or

http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/.ultimedia.html

5. Default

The Cajuns have to face what maybe the best 4 seed ever. imho
    Lets hope they can pull out the win.

Their out-of-conference games look weak.

I was thinking the same thing when i looked at their schedule. They played 3 big ones from what i can tell against Kentucky, Iowa, and Florida and they only 1 against Florida. Early in the year florida wasn't playing very well either it was till late in the season they they began to play to their potential.this doesn't say much Louisville is still a very talented team but have they really been tested yet we wont find out until Friday.

I wouldn't put too much stock in those comments from Coach Pitino. A lot of that is coach-speak designed to get his team focused on the first round game and not the second round. Having been beaten by the Cajuns years ago at Kentucky, he does know it is possible to lose to us. But I don't think he is too concerned.

UL Basketball

Neither he nor his players are concerned about us. Louisville is a terrific team, and they probably are thinking Final Four. Sometimes when you are looking ahead, baaaaddd things can happen. I hope our guys are up to the task, and it is a big one. If we play like we did against Denver it could get interesting. I just hope we don't get the "short end of the stick" like we did against TN some years back.

gotta make our free throws.

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased with the opponent selected for Louisiana. This is the point of the season where all the pre-conference scheduling pays off. I'd rather see Louisiana go against a national powerhouse rather than a johnny-come-lately squad like LSU. Louisiana will get a ton of positive recognition after friday's match. So, on with the real and death to the fakers.

I agree 100%!

13. Default

So, on with the real and death to the fakers
    I like that, CLC!!!

14. Default

Pitino is world famous for sandbagging, it is actually quite the running joke w/ us Card fans. As for our schedule, we went 8-2 against teams in the NCAA tourney field this year, 2nd best such record. We got knocked for the bottom feeders in CUSA being so lowly rated, yet our schedule called for us to play the 3 toughest teams in the conference home and away, and we still won the conference by 2 full games.

15. Default

Originally posted by jboCARDfan76
    we went 8-2 against teams in the NCAA tourney field this year, 2nd best such record.
    That alone scares me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information