Top of the 9th

Louisiana - 14
    Harvard - 2

4. Default

Game over. Way to go boys.

Final Score

Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns - 14
    Harvard Bookworms - 2

In all seriousness though, with these new NCAA academic guidelines, maybe we should continue playing Harvard and they can tutor our guys. LOL. Peace Out Cajun Nation!

God Bless.

6. UL Baseball Morgan, Salazar shine in Cajuns' 14-2 win

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - The offensive frustrations of the past two games boiled over for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajun baseball team here Friday, and it was an unlikely source that led the outburst.

Senior catcher Justin Morgan, known primarily for defense in a backup role throughout his five-year career, tied two Cajun school hitting records in leading UL to a runaway 14-2 victory over Harvard in the opening game of the Metrodome Classic.

The Cajuns, snapping a two-game losing streak for their only two setbacks of the year, recorded 21 hits against the Crimson, which was opening its 2005 season.

Morgan had five of those hits, becoming the 13th Cajun to record that feat and the first since Bryan Sneed did it against New Mexico State in 2001. Morgan also had three doubles among the Cajuns' seven extra-base hits, tying the mark held by nine other players.

"No question, Justin's earned every minute of his success today," said Cajun coach Tony Robichaux. "He's a guy that came here with no scholarship, a five-year guy that has done everything we've ever asked of him. There's nobody on this team that deserves this more."

Morgan also had four RBI, plating two runs in a four-run fifth inning and adding a two-run single in the eighth for the Cajuns' final two runs.

The offensive explosion came on the heels of a 12-1 loss to Hawai'i in the concluding game of the First Hawai'i Title Rainbow Tournament and a 4-3 home loss to McNeese Wednesday. Before those setbacks, UL had won a school-record 14 straight games to open the season.

"We needed to turn things around," Morgan said, "and build on what we had before during the win streak. But today was something I'm not used to. Hitting is something I've struggled with since I've been here, and I'm just glad I was able to contribute today."

The rest of the story

Thread Information