Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 Vermilion & White Spring Game

1. Default 2011 Vermilion & White Spring Game

The Cajuns enjoyed their thirteenth practice of the spring on Wednesday – their final full pads workout leading up to Saturday's spring game.

2. Default Re: Cajuns Prep For Saturday's Spring Game

Just remember that gate A is the STATE FARM INSURANCE GATE---We pay a damn good amount for the naming right and I think that the gate A deal was just an oversight according to Scott Farmer---He said that with the different places to get the tickets there should be no problem with lines----I begged him to have a Half and half or 50/50 split----We are just ______ing away money!!!!

Default Re: Cajuns Prep For Saturday's Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Just remember that gate A is the STATE FARM INSURANCE GATE---We pay a damn good amount for the naming right and I think that the gate A deal was just an oversight according to Scott Farmer---He said that with the different places to get the tickets there should be no problem with lines----I begged him to have a Half and half or 50/50 split----We are just ______ing away money!!!! _

I'm lost Boomer. Not trying to be a smart @ss but I don't understand your post.

4. Default Re: Cajuns Prep For Saturday's Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by srob View Post
    _ I'm lost Boomer. Not trying to be a smart @ss but I don't understand your post. _
    OK-#1---The State Farm Gate --Every year State Farm Agents (NOT ALL) give about 50K to the Athletic dept. to call gate A --The SF Gate---One of the things besides the sign at/on the gate that was agreed on is to call the gate on all publications the SF Gate---#2--there was a concern that long lines for tickets/entry could take place --# 3 Baseball has a raffle where half of the money goes to the program and the other half to the lucky person whose # is drawn---At times the A D D acts up a bit but I think you can get this !!!!!!!

Default Re: Cajuns Prep For Saturday's Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ OK-#1---The State Farm Gate --Every year State Farm Agents (NOT ALL) give about 50K to the Athletic dept. to call gate A --The SF Gate---One of the things besides the sign at/on the gate that was agreed on is to call the gate on all publications the SF Gate---#2--there was a concern that long lines for tickets/entry could take place --# 3 Baseball has a raffle where half of the money goes to the program and the other half to the lucky person whose # is drawn---At times the A D D acts up a bit but I think you can get this !!!!!!! _

Got it - thanks.

6. Default Spring Game Info

From an article on ragincajun.com that I thought I'd share:

Things to know about the Ragin' Cajuns 2011 Spring Game

When: The game will be held at Cajun Field on Saturday, April 9 at 5 p.m. The team will play four 12-minute quarters and compete in all aspects of a traditional game, including live kickoffs of punts.

Game Format: The Cajuns will be divided into two teams with the first team offense and defense wearing Red and the second team offense and defense wearing White.

Tailgating & Parking: All reserved RV and Tailgating spaces will be held until 10 a.m. on Saturday. After 10 a.m., all RV and Tailgating spaces are available to the general public on a first-come, first-serve basis. All parking at Cajun Field, including the RCAF lots, will be general admission for the spring game.

Tickets: Tickets for the spring game are on sale now at the Cajundome Box Office and will be available on game day at Cajun Field ticket booths. All seats are general admission and cost $5, with current UL students with a valid ID and children under 12 free (all money will go directly to the 2011 RCAF Annual Fund). Ticket sales for the Spring Game are cash only, but an ATM will be available on the ramp at Gate A.

Pregame Activities: The Lafayette Parish Sheriffs Office and the Ragin' Cajuns Student-Athletic Advisory Committee are sponsoring Cajun Fingerprints - a free finger printing service for children 3-12 from 1:30-3 p.m. near Gate A. In addition, Acadiana Karate will attempt to break 8,700 boards as part of their fundraising challenge. The football team's 'Cajun Walk' down Reinhardt Drive into the athletics complex is scheduled for approximately 2:55 p.m. Mike and The Rockets take the band stage near the oak tree at Gate A to perform beginning at 3 p.m.

Gates: The gates will open at 4 p.m. Only Gates A, B, C and E will open; Gate D will not open at any time.

Rosters & Schedules: The first 1,000 fans will get a free roster card and the first 5,000 fans will receive a free pocket schedule courtesy of the RCAF.

Concessions: The concession stands will be open on both sides of the stadium with food and drinks. Beer will be sold. Concessions are cash only, but the ATM at Gate A will be available to patrons inside the stadium.

Merchandise: The University Bookstore will be set-up inside the stadium for fans looking to purchase Ragin' Cajuns merchandise.

Halftime Activities: Look for a special demonstration by Acadiana Karate. The band and cheerleaders will perform all game and the Ragin' Jazz will dance between the third and fourth quarter.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/ViewArtic.CLID=205131648

UL Football Re: Spring Game Info

I'm guessing seating will be first come first serve.

Or they gonna split up on to each side of the field also?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Spring Game Info

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Ross View Post
    _ From an article on ragincajun.com that I thought I'd share:
    Thanks for the info!

Default Ragin' Cajun Blog: Wednesday's football practice report (& spring game rosters)

My blog with Wednesday's football practice report (and spring game rosters):

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.ItemsPerPage=5

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Wednesday's football practice report (& spring game roste

I love the Comment about the fight song by coach.

igeaux.mobi

11. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Wednesday's football practice report (& spring game roste

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    I love the Comment about the fight song by coach. igeaux.mobi
    Coach Hudspeth is working on improving so many aspects of the program, big and seemingly small.

12. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Wednesday's football practice report (& spring game roste

Thanks for keeping us informed JP. Hud really does have things going full speed ahead from the sound of things.

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Wednesday's football practice report (& spring game roste

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    Thanks for keeping us informed JP. Hud really does have things going full speed ahead from the sound of things.
    Not a problem. Just trying to do my part.

14. Default Here are Five Things to Watch in today's UL spring game

The Cajuns were fortunate during spring drills to avoid any major injuries. Projected starting defensive end Nate Douglas hurt his shoulder, which needed surgery, but he's expected back in the fall. Projected starting left guard Kyle Plouhar hurt his ankle .

15. Default Game day: UL concludes spring drills with annual Red-White game at Cajun Field

The Cajuns will be divided into two teams with the first-team offense and defense wearing red jerseys and the second-team offense and defense in white. All seats are general admission and cost $5 with all money going directly to the Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information