Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14

Thread: 2011 Vermilion & White Spring Game

Default Re: 2011 UL Spring Game Photos

Thanks, did not get to come down for the game. Enjoyed the pics.

Default Re: 2011UL Spring Game Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    _ Any crowd shots? _

Wonder why no one thinks of shooting pictures from the other side of the field so you can capture the crowd in the background. Just adds to the event when it shows people in attendance vs. an empty stadium.

Default Re: 2011 UL Spring Game Photos

I would think that its because they went to the spring game to be a part of the crowd and enjoy the game. Not just to take pictures to post on the message board. Not trying to sound like a jerk, just that unless its a media member, thats probably the case. All these pics are just fan photos.

Default Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ No ---He was talking about Peoples as we spoke to him and his coach from the JC---Nice kid --kinda shy and pretty muscled up!!!!! _
    BK was talking about Montrel Carter.

I haven't watched any video on Harry Peoples, but I know Montrel can fly.

I've also heard that Bentley, Lawson, and Spikes may get looked at for return duty.

Nothing like having a ligitimate threat to score on special teams. Makes everything more exciting.

Best return guy on the team now is Surgent.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    BK was talking about Montrel Carter.

I haven't watched any video on Harry Peoples, but I know Montrel can fly.

I've also heard that Bentley, Lawson, and Spikes may get looked at for return duty.

Nothing like having a ligitimate threat to score on special teams. Makes everything more exciting.

igeaux.mobi

6. Default Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ Best return guy on the team now is Surgent.

igeaux.mobi _
    VOB--I know he took one or more to the house last year and that aint bad for a Fresh but he is a bit of an anomaly----just doesn't look fast and I know he doesn't run full speed when he first gets the ball but he finds the gap on those KO returns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    _ Can we stop beating this dead horse and all agree that we want wins and good crowds. It may take 1 year or 5 years but how many threads need to continually argue the same topic?

We're all hoping for good things, next topic. _
    Why should we stop beating this horse? This is obviously not a dead subject for most people. This is a pallet wetting, keep the hype up thread that by all rights should go on as long as people want to comment on it, which should be some time in September. Why is there always someone that has to get on a thread & declare it dead just because they are bored by it? If you don't like the subject matter, simply move on by yourself, or start your own thread which in all likelihood will bore everybody else to tears.

UL Football Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    _ Guys I hate to do it, but I've gotta bring this back to earth.

If we average 25-30K for the next 3 years, that would be badass enough.
    Hud hasn't won a single game yet. If he doesn't win, his pep rally spirit is not gonna keep people coming to the stands.

I believe he will have some success, but it won't be overnight like most people think. _
    Hey CrappDaddy you are so CORRECT in HUD we trust JUST WIN BABY

UL Football Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ All three tight ends had really nice days. You can add Butler and Surgent to Lawson as WR's with good performances.

By FAR, the biggest difference between this team and last year's is in receiver play [to include all who catch the ball, WR, TE, FB, RB]. It ain't close. Much better route running, much better blocking by receivers, much better attention to detail and focus on the ball.

If Saturday was not an aberration, and we can come up with any kind of running game at all, our offense will annihilate SBC defenses.

Also this offense will make Ladarious Green a first team All-American and a first round draft pick. _
    I love LG but to be a 1st round pick might be a STRETCH don't get me wrong he is AWESOME

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ VOB--I know he took one or more to the house last year and that aint bad for a Fresh but he is a bit of an anomaly----just doesn't look fast and I know he doesn't run full speed when he first gets the ball but he finds the gap on those KO returns!!! _
    There you go talking like a college coach again. Quit worrying about how he looks getting there, just give me a high five for the TD. Speed is an overrated commodity on the offensive side of the ball. Gotta have enough, but that internal geometry calculator that coaches call 'vision' is much more important for the guy toting the rock.

11. Default Re: My take on yesterdays Spring Game

An interesting look back at where this season began.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I highly disagree with your talent assessment. I am not trying to be cruel when judging the overall talent of this team because there are a few nice players on it, but make no mistake, it is extremely defficient in D-1 level talent & has practically no D-1 depth anywhere except TE, QB, & possibly, potentially, maybe if everything comes together OL. That's it brother. DON"T be trying to fool yourself into thinking anything else or you're gonna be setting your expectations WAY WAY higher than they ought to be in year one.
    I agree Turbine, its a good thing that BK was wrong on his talent assessment!

What I try to keep understanding is how does this guy continuously think he knows as much about the team as many here when he is a "new" fan and hasn't been around or followed the current personnel as long as many have here. Either way, I'm glad I was right and he was wrong on this one!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14

Thread Information