Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Vermilion & White Spring Game

Default Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ I had not heard about the new tailgating rules but am also very happy to hear that. I have heard there are people out there that have (had) tailgating spots but would be sporting colors/banners that were not belonging to the Cajuns or the Cajuns opponent tha weekend. This is a good way to raise revenues and possibly weed out the non-Cajun fans. _
    Lets start with that big RV with the Big tiger on the dashboard and the dudes playing cards. Have heard they are not Cajun fans . give that spot to a RCAF fan.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I am not talking about the past, I'm talking about the future. And, our future could possibly involve another conference affiliation depending on our success and on further conference reallignment. Not every BCS school had 90,000+ seat stadiums and matching attendance. A lot of BCS schools and upper level mid-majors have stadiums between 45,000 - 50,000. That could be UL in 5 years. I am not focusing on what was, but on what could be? There is no reason Lafayette and Acadiana cannot support such a winning program. _
    UL will never average 45-50K in the SBC. The schedule is just too unattractive. Now if we went 11-1 or 12-0 maybe, but as long as we are in the SBC I think 30-35K is what we can consistently attain.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ UL will never average 45-50K in the SBC. The schedule is just too unattractive. Now if we went 11-1 or 12-0 maybe, but as long as we are in the SBC I think 30-35K is what we can consistently attain. _
    I agree. That's why I said we need a better schedule and a better conference affiliation. That could come when we start winning, become attractive to another conference, and conference realignment takes hold again. Not status quo and not past performances. It is a lot of things coming together in the near future. We build for the future and grow into it.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ Lets start with that big RV with the Big tiger on the dashboard and the dudes playing cards. Have heard they are not Cajun fans . give that spot to a RCAF fan. _
    I just don't understand why anyone would want to go to another schools' tailgating event if they are not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I am not talking about the past, I'm talking about the future. And, our future could possibly involve another conference affiliation depending on our success and on further conference reallignment. Not every BCS school had 90,000+ seat stadiums and matching attendance. A lot of BCS schools and upper level mid-majors have stadiums between 45,000 - 50,000. That could be UL in 5 years. I am not focusing on what was, but on what could be? There is no reason Lafayette and Acadiana cannot support such a winning program. _
    I agree. I have been to Ole Miss and Mississippi State games when the teams were not doing well and they still had what we would consider very good crowds. What is the difference? Cannot say the size of the city, Lafayette has a far larger population than both Oxford and Starkville put together. Must be the team they are playing? No, even when Ole Miss played Arkansas State they sell much more tickets than we do. Conference affiliation, Commitment to football and tradition plays a major role in community and alumni involvement in attendance. We as a university, alumni, and community have to commit all out before we will see improvement in winning, attendance and a better conference. Before we start dreaming of being up in BCS conference I would like to see us win our current conference a few times first. Look at Boise State, TCU and Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    That was the biggest thing my friends and I noticed while watching the spring game. Someone call Jay lol.
    I was just about to call jay, but he went to commercial and I had to clock in at work. Work always gets in the way on Monday!

igeaux.mobi

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I just don't understand why anyone would want to go to another schools' tailgating event if they are not involved.
    A universal truth. . . People want to be where people are.

Sometimes people are happy just being around the edges of where people are.

When enough people send the message that they missed a great game . . . they will leave the outhouse.

igeaux.mobi

UL can average 40+ k regardless of conference. I believe that, and I believe that in another 10 years, the SBC will be the best non bcs football conference bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    UL will never average 45-50K in the SBC. The schedule is just too unattractive. Now if we went 11-1 or 12-0 maybe, but as long as we are in the SBC I think 30-35K is what we can consistently attain.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ UL can average 40+ k regardless of conference. I believe that, and I believe that in another 10 years, the SBC will be the best non bcs football conference bar none.

igeaux.mobi _
    I sure hope so cause at the moment, we are in the bottom 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    _ I was just about to call jay, but he went to commercial and I had to clock in at work. Work always gets in the way on Monday!

igeaux.mobi _
    Oh well, maybe he will read it on here.

Guys I hate to do it, but I've gotta bring this back to earth.

If we average 25-30K for the next 3 years, that would be badass enough.
    Hud hasn't won a single game yet. If he doesn't win, his pep rally spirit is not gonna keep people coming to the stands.

I believe he will have some success, but it won't be overnight like most people think.

I want everyone to think about something for a second. UL had neglected athletics for 30+ years, so for anyone to think that our potential fan base is limited to 30-35K per football game is selling this university short. Look how Louisiana supports a winner (LSU), if the Cajuns were to average 8 wins per year for the next 5 years you would see our average attendance double. We have 750K people to pull from within a 40 miles radius, if you think for one minute that we can't get 5% of them to come to a Cajuns game then like J1M stated, you need to talk to HUD.

13. Default Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

About the tailgating------With an RCAF membership a group becomes eligible to purchase a spot---2 stickers are given for each place---Any other vehicles are charged to enter UL parking--about $5 per car---UNless they have their parking sticker from being an RCAF member!!!! Any objections to that????? Seems OK to me!!!!

I think that's a good idea, just not yet. Let's get people out to Cajun field, have a good time, and want to keep coming back before we start trying to make a few extra bucks. Newcomers and/or people who only come occasionally may be immediately turned off by getting charged to park at Cajun Field. Jmo.

igeaux.mobi

15. Default Re: Cajuns Spring Game A Success

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    _ I think that's a good idea, just not yet. Let's get people out to Cajun field, have a good time, and want to keep coming back before we start trying to make a few extra bucks. Newcomers and/or people who only come occasionally may be immediately turned off by getting charged to park at Cajun Field. Jmo.

igeaux.mobi _
    WELL FOR 2 PEOPLE IN THE CAR IT IS $2.50 PER PERSON-----4 IN THE CAR $1.25 PER PERSON----NOT A BIGGIE-----BUT $5 PER CAR TIMES ?????? CAN PAY FOR THINGS------QUESTION HOW MANY $5/CAR SANS RCAFers----maybe 2K---that is a cool 10K and with the 50/50 ----we need that badly!!!!!!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information