55 174 Arkansas State
    91 108 South Alabama
    119 178 Middle Tennessee State
    171 199 Arkansas-Little Rock
    177 258 Florida International
    199 227 New Mexico State
    246 225 New Orleans
    259 240 Western Kentucky

This is not a good start start for the belt but it is a nice start for the cajuns.

Default Re: Baseball RPI ans SOS

Originally posted by Maverick
    RPI SOS Team
    15 90 Louisiana at La.
    55 174 Arkansas State
    91 108 South Alabama
    119 178 Middle Tennessee State
    171 199 Arkansas-Little Rock
    177 258 Florida International
    199 227 New Mexico State
    246 225 New Orleans
    259 240 Western Kentucky
    In 2 years, this will be the SBC

15--Louisiana
    55--Arkansas State
    69--Florida Atlantic
    91--South alabama
    113-ULM
    119-Middle Tennessee
    170-Troy
    171-Little Rock
    177-FIU
    246-New Orleans

Thay looks a little better.
    Western will be in the MAC
    Also, North Texas will have baseball by then.

The biggest thing to remember is that these numbers will improve as the season goes on.

3. UL Baseball 2005 Ragin' Cajun Baseball RPI .

is up to #19. The two wins in Jonesboro now result in some bonus points for the Cajuns (I do not think the NCAA ever implemented the removal of road bonuses for conference games in the RPI formula - but I could be wrong).

South Alabama #46
    Arkansas State #68
    Florida International #89
    New Mexico State #136
    Middle Tennessee #178
    Arkansas-Little Rock #197
    New Orleans #208
    Western Kentucky #240

Other notables on the Cajun schedule:

Minnesota swept four games from Michigan and moved all the way up to #78 from the abyss. A little more movement could result in a bonus for the Cajuns.

South Florida (#69) swept two on the road from Louisville this weekend and leads CUSA.

Hawaii (#95) took 2/3 from San Jose State.

Northwestern State #32
    Wichita State #45
    Lamar #47
    Texas State #57
    UC Davis #111

LeMoyne #122
    Miami Ohio #132

The opponent this upcoming weekend (Texas-Pan American #132) took 1/3 in a tightly contested series from a good Coastal Carolina squad this past weekend. Coastal took 2/3 from South Alabama at home earlier in the year.

BTW, I had the Cajuns ranked at #14 on my SEBaseball.com National Poll ballot this morning.

Brian

Default Re: Cajun RPI .

Love the numbers, are they part of your story on sebaseball this week? I have a question for you, did Ardoin lose to ASU's number one starter? Ever since South Alabama I have to ask.

5. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

No, not part of a story. Just some info gathering. I have time to do a story on occassion. But nowhere near on a weekly basis.

No, Fowler is not ASU's #1. But is arguably the best ASU had available last Friday night. Tyler Goodwin is probably considered the ace but has been on the shelf for a few weeks. Blake Ring had been getting the Friday night starts with Fowler going on Saturday's. But that could change. Fowler has been hot and cold this year, with Friday being one of his hot outings.

Interestingly enough, Stephen Tharp was a weekend starter last year and has pitched extremely well this season. He would be a solid weekend starter. But Coach Kessinger has elected to use him in some midweek games and in relief on the weekend. Once, Goodwin returns, the Indians should have a solid weekend rotation again. Good for the Cajuns since ASU is now in the rearview mirror as far as the conference regular season is concerned. In fact, arguably two of the three toughest conference series are out of the way for the Cajuns.

Brian

I saw on baseball america website that we have not moved back into the top 25, but LSU a&m only dropped a couple of spots eventhough they lost their last two conference series. Those gusy are idiots.

What has happened to the SunBelt? I can remember when we were getting 3 and 4 teams into regionals. The Cajuns need to move to a better conference. We also need to schedule better and tougher non-conference games.

Does anybody know why we are not using Ian Pecarerro as our Sunday starter? He did a great job for us last year and has pitched well this year when used. The lack of a Sunday starter seems to be the weakest part of our team.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajun RPI .

CAJUNS' poll standings as of April 4th:

Collegiate Baseball - #20 (DOWN? from #17!) FOOLS!!

Baseball America - STILL not ranked. FOOLS!!

ESPN/Coaches' Poll - STUCK at #20. FOOLS!!

SEBaseball.com - #16 Wow, maybe these guys actually GET IT!!!

UL Tennis Re: Cajun RPI .

What Are The Chances Of UL Hosting A Regional With Both Tulane And Lsu A&m Ranked Ahead Of Them. A Lot Can Still Happen Between Now And The End Of The Year I Strongly Feel That The Best Is Yet To Come For This Team We Should Go Very Far If We Can Find A #3 Starter On Sundays. Will Winning The Sunbelt Conf And The Sunbelt Tourament Be Enough? Please Reply.

Dreaming Big--2005 World Series Champs-ul Lafayette-that Would Be Great. I See Us Going To One Of The Two Schools For A Regional It Would Be Sweet To Go To Lsu A&m And Beat Them At There Home. :

In 2000, the CAJUNS only had lsuambr(among in-state teams) ranked ahead of them in the polls at the end of the season. This year, unless something crazy happens, they'll end up with both the tiggers and Tulane ranked ahead of them. It will be next to impossible to get them to have more than 2 regionals in one state, much less here. That said, as long as the CAJUNS don't get lumped into another regional at the litterBOX or Turchin Stadium, I'll give this team a VERY GOOD chance of making a Super-Regional this year at the very least.

the cajuns are ahead of the tigers in the rpi right now

I would take issue with the Pecoraro comment. He pitched well at times, but never had any control. His six walks in 1 2/3 innings in the conference tournament vs. MTSU is an example.

He's got good stuff, tho.

I know Pecarerro has control issues at times, but from what I have seen of the young arms this year I would rather have him out there right now.

Don't get me wrong, the young arms are very talented, just inexperienced.

I saw this a.m. on Boyd's World that our RPI is 22 and LSpuke is 27.

I still think we need to schedule bigger and better non-conference wise, even if it means traveling more. As a season ticket holder I would be disappointed, but I would still buy my season tickets because it would be for the benefit of the team to have the better schedule. I know it is hard to get quality teams to come here because they know we would kick their ~~~.

13. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

I would like to see Pecoraro see a little more action. He doesn't seem to be having control problems this year. So far he has 4 k and only 1 walk.

As far as scheduling, there is nothing we can do about this year but next year the belt will be a much better conference. For non conference, I don't think we want too hard of a schedule next year because I don't think the Cajuns are going to be very good. They will have a lot of talent but very little experience. The Cajuns will have to replace 1b, 2b, SS, 3b, CF, C and arguably our 5 best pitchers. That's 6 of 8 position players. Some of the guys who will end up at those positions don't attend UL right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    I don't think the Cajuns are going to be very good.
    I'm writing that down. I'll check wicha in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    The Cajuns will have to replace 1b.SS.C.
    Do the names Tatford, Parker, and Lucroy sound familiar?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information