Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2005Ragin' Cajuns Baseball RPI

1. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

I hope I'm wrong and please remind me if I am but I can't help but think that this team has a lot less returning than the 2001 and 2003 teams did.

Default Re: Cajun RPI .

Oh, Oh, I have! Move one of this years corner OF's to CF and one of the 14 redshirts to the vacant corner and MIF. People don't realize that there are redshirts here that could be playing most other places. BTW we have signed a very nice switch hitting MIF from Tampa for next year.

3. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman
    Do the names Tatford, Parker, and Lucroy sound familiar?

Yep. All very talented especially Tatford and Lucroy. But those are the easy three. Lets see you name the other three. How about the weekend rotation and closers? I'm not that worried about the position players, I think that will work itself out. The pitching has me a little worried. This will probably be the first time in a very long time that Cajuns won't be returning an ALL Conference caliber pitcher.

I'll throw some names out. Watch for them next year. Hicks, Bounds, Will Long, Farquhar, Jeremy Lucroy, Chase Richard among others.

5. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    I'll throw some names out. Watch for them next year. Hicks, Bounds, Will Long, Farquhar, Jeremy Lucroy, Chase Richard among others.

I sure they all have great potential but how much D1 playing time do they have. I didn't say the cajuns won't have talent, but I do think they will lack experiance. Can you tell me a little about these guys? I've heard a little about Lucroy.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Cajun RPI .

Oh, Oh, I have! Move one of this years corner OF's to CF and one of the 14 redshirts to the vacant corner and MIF. People don't realize that there are redshirts here that could be playing most other places. BTW we have signed a very nice switch hitting MIF from Tampa for next year.
    Dont let it get to you Dad!!!

Everyone was a coach in a previous life

Cajuns will kck x for years to come.

Z.

Hicks and Bounds are among 14 Redshirts this year. There is a lot of talent on that team. Everyone in college has to reload every year. That is given. Ask yourself, is that trend up or down? I'm not sure of the validity of handwringing over a 25-6 team.

Ardoin, Sham and Faught were bonuses this year.

I am just appreciating the fact they are here at all and wishing them well when they're not here.

8. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

Everyone in college has to reload every year. That is given.
    I don't think thats a given. Macarthy is the only regular starter for the Cajuns who wasn't here last year. The only other regular who didn't see significant playing time for the Cajuns is the DH Tatford. The returning pitchers had 41 of the Cajuns starts last year and I'm not counting Faught who didn't play. The Cajuns basically returned their entire team from last year and Parker and Faught plus made some nice additions. The only position that was actually filled this year by a newcomer was RF. I don't really consider replacing one guy reloading. Next year may be more of rebuilding. Six position players and several Sr pitchers who will probably account for 75% or more of the cajuns wins is alot to overcome.

We may not be as short on pitching as you seem to think. Glass, moody, and blue are just freshman and will all end up having steller years in the future. They will pay there dues this year and learn both all three will be even better with a year under robe system. Sanders will be back along with 10 soph or junior for next season although I agree they have not got there feet wet yet. As of my account Tim Beasley, Justin Bvoyette, Jeremy Collins, Ken Pokrytke and Jeremy Whipple have yet to see action does any body know why? What will these guys have to offer next year? There must be a reason they have not pitched yet anyone know why? I heard Tim Beasley was going to be huge for us yet no action, I m sure there is a reason behind it. John McCarthy as I see it has been the biggest surprise this season, what a steal. If we can find players like him the future will be bright. Coach Szelf is a really good recruiter and will get top notch players. Go Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    Next year may be more of rebuilding. Six position players and several Sr pitchers who will probably account for 75% or more of the cajuns wins is alot to overcome.
    You are right. Its all going down the tubes.

11. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    WE MAY NOT BE AS SHORT ON PITCHING AS YOU SEEM TO THINK. GLASS, MOODY, AND BLUE ARE JUST FRESHMAN AND WILL ALL END UP HAVING STELLER YEARS IN THE FUTURE. THEY WILL PAY THERE DUES THIS YEAR AND LEARN BOTH ALL THREE WILL BE EVEN BETTER WITH A YEAR UNDER ROBE SYSTEM.

I think this program has some very good freshman pitchers who have a lot of potential. What makes me a little nervous is that none of them has really stepped up and pitched to their potential. No one has grabbed the Sunday spot and next year these guys could be the Friday, Saturday, Sunday Starters. Over the last five or six years the Cajuns have always had at least one "Ace" return each year. (Dohman, Gabriel, Gros, both Templets, Ramone, Ardoin, Faught). All three freshman will have to improve dramatically to be as good as any one of these pitchers next year. Another thing to think about is that although the 3 freshman have pitched well (not great) the sophmore slump is a reality for college pitchers. Gros was pretty bad his so. year. I think Faught transferred after a sub-par so. effort. Decarlo was an All American at FIU his fr year and wasn't very good the next year. There are many other examples. I think it is highly unlikely that all three will make major improvements over the next year. Also, all three are pitching worse now than they were at the beginning of the season.

12. Default Re: Cajun RPI .

You are right. Its all going down the tubes.

Hey Dad - Please save all of my posts so you can rub it my face next year. I am a huge Cajun baseball fan but I guess I'm still mad that the 2001 team didn't make it back to the CWS like I told everyone they would. (Same for 2003)

First Off Not Many Freshman At Any College Are In The Weekend Starting Rotation. We Have Enough Upperclassmen That Should Have Stepped Up By Now And Has Not, Shame On Them For Not Leading By Example, Some Of The Guys Have Been In Robe System For A While And Should Be Contributing. Maverick You Must Not Have Every Played Ball Before Because If You Have You Would Know That Pitchers Are Always Ahead Of Batters And Batters Will Catch Up Latter In The Year. Also We Have Made Quiet A Few Errors Behind Some Of These Freshman That Has Made Them Have To Fine Pitch.

We Lost 8 Players To The Draft And 3 More Sign Free Agents Contract Who Ever Though That We Had The Talent To Go Back To Omaha Was A Fool. The Talent That Is Comeing Back After 16 Seniors Are Gone Is Better Than What We Had In 2001. Just Because 16 Seniors Will Leave Doesn't Mean You Cannot Compete. I Know First Hand That Coach Szelf Is A Better Hitting Coach And Recruiter That Coach Simoneaux Was.(not Knocking Sim). Better Fan Attendance, Facilities Will All Add Up To Better Players Comeing Aboard In The Future.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    Decarlo was an All American at FIU his fr year and wasn't very good the next year.
    Well, actually DeCarlo was a Sunbelt Freshman of the Year in 2002, 6-0 in 2003 with a 3.3 ERA as a sophomore, then 3-9 with 5.5 ERA last year before he was drafted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information