Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cajuns-Northwestern State baseball game

When I said "has the tools", I meant that he's done it before. I think its become partly a mental thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    He does not have the tools, that is the problem. His fastball is straight over the top and is very straight without good velocity. His curve is good at times when it does not hang because it is a big looper 12-6 type curve. For that pitch to work you must pitch ahead in the count which he has fell behind to nearly every batter he faced this year. It seems he goes to 2 or 3 ball to every batter and that spell trouble.

Watch guys like Traffica and Parker. They have good stuff. You will see the other team get fooled or swing and miss often. With Cook the other team rarely swing and miss, and when they do swing they are making good contact.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Cajuns-Northwestern State baseball game

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ He does not have the tools, that is the problem. His fastball is straight over the top and is very straight without good velocity. His curve is good at times when it does not hang because it is a big looper 12-6 type curve. For that pitch to work you must pitch ahead in the count which he has fell behind to nearly every batter he faced this year. It seems he goes to 2 or 3 ball to every batter and that spell trouble.

Watch guys like Traffica and Parker. They have good stuff. You will see the other team get fooled or swing and miss often. With Cook the other team rarely swing and miss, and when they do swing they are making good contact. _

A friend and I were at the game behind home plate last night. Traffica is flat out nasty. He made some of the Northwestern batters look silly. He has a pretty good fastball that he can locate well and whatever breaking ball pitche(s) he has are just sick. One looked like a curve, another time it looked like a slurve, or maybe a slider? Whatever it was he was throwing, it was filthy.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns-Northwestern State baseball game

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Tweak his hamstring in lsu game and tweaked it again tonight going into 2nd

igeaux.mobi _
    Went on Josh's twitter after the game. Fontenot told Josh after the game that he would be ok for this weekend.

Did I hear right? Did Trask actually get a hit?

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Did I hear right? Did Trask actually get a hit? _
    Yep...and he made a GREAT scoop at first on a low throw form third. Very glad for the young man.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    _ Kellog was throwing hard and no problems with batters, I liked him too. I hope fontenot isn't hurt badly! We need him BADLY!

igeaux.mobi _
    I like Kellogg. He works fast, throws hard and is tough to hit. I like anybody with a zero era, tho.

7. Default Re: Cajuns-Northwestern State baseball game

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ I like Kellogg. He works fast, throws hard and is tough to hit. I like anybody with a zero era, tho. _
    That's the first time I remember seeing him pitch. He does throw pretty hard, hit 90mph a few times, and I think it was probably faster than that. That gun can't be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RawHyde_07 View Post
    _ That's the first time I remember seeing him pitch. He does throw pretty hard, hit 90mph a few times, and I think it was probably faster than that. That gun can't be accurate. _
    I'm glad he's here. Here is his 2009 Perfect Game scouting report;

Caleb Kellogg is a 2010 RHP with a 6'1'', 175 lb. frame from DeQuincy, LA who attends Bridge City HS. Medium athletic build, projectable strength. Full delivery, good pace, H 3/4's release, good extension, throws downhill. 86-88 mph FB, CB is best pitch, shows good power/spin at times, 10/4 shape. Repeats delivery well, throws strikes. Good looking overall athlete, 6.95 runner, big OF arm (mid 90s), on line throws. Simple controlled hitting approach, has bat speed, line drives to all fields, could easily develop as an OF (pro) prospect. Projects to throw real hard from the mound. Scouts should follow. PG Grade: 9.5/10

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/P...aspx?ID=231335

Fortunately we are deep in the bullpen. Welcome Caleb!

Quote Originally Posted by RawHyde_07 View Post
    _ That's the first time I remember seeing him pitch. He does throw pretty hard, hit 90mph a few times, and I think it was probably faster than that. That gun can't be accurate. _
    With the gun at the Tigue showing near 90, you know he was probably touching 105

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information