Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Rival

1. Default A Rival

Okay guys---I love your love for our school and athletic teams---We do not have enough of die hards like ya'll to go around---Quit the crap and let's pull the damn thing together---Good enough for HUD---good enough for all of us!!!!!! We just beat a perennial national contender, SEC, Biggest rival, home state baseball team at their stadium------PLEASE let's celebrate the good times!!!!!!!

Default Re: UL & LSU Square Off at "The Box"

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Okay guys---I love your love for our school and athletic teams---We do not have enough of die hards like ya'll to go around---Quit the crap and let's pull the damn thing together---Good enough for HUD---good enough for all of us!!!!!! We just beat a perennial national contender, SEC, Biggest rival, home state baseball team at their stadium------PLEASE let's celebrate the good times!!!!!!! _
    Great post. It was a GREAT win for the Cajuns.

Default Re: Corndog Alert

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ This ought to stir up some fun:
    http://ultoday.com/corndogs

Please share this around campus and around town, we need people to pay more attention to this sort of stuff.

Oh, and notice the web address. We made it very easy to remember. _
    haha I like it.
    The one bit of criticism I have is that you called us "in-state-rivals." While a lot of us dont like them, I wouldn't call us rivals. to be rivals, you have to be able to compete with the other school on a consistent basis and we havent scored a TD in death valley in 80+ years..
    I may have taken it out of context and I will probably will get blasted for saying this but we have to realize that we and LSU are not (athletically) rivals in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ haha I like it.
    The one bit of criticism I have is that you called us "in-state-rivals." While a lot of us dont like them, I wouldn't call us rivals. to be rivals, you have to be able to compete with the other school on a consistent basis and we havent scored a TD in death valley in 80+ years..
    I may have taken it out of context and I will probably will get blasted for saying this but we have to realize that we and LSU are not (athletically) rivals in any way. _
    I dunno. They still consider Tulane a rival, and they don't compete in football, either.

Then consider that when they play us, we bring in some of the top crowds in their entire history, more than most SEC teams have ever brought in. That has to count for something.

Besides, there's more to a rivalry than just football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ I dunno. They still consider Tulane a rival, and they don't compete in football, either.

Then consider that when they play us, we bring in some of the top crowds in their entire history, more than most SEC teams have ever brought in. That has to count for something.

Besides, there's more to a rivalry than just football. _
    I've never heard any LSU A&M fans consider tulane a rival. at least not anymore. maybe a loooonnng time ago. I see where you're coming from though. But I still wouldn't call us a rival. That's like calling Middle Tennessee and the University of Tennessee a rival. I agree there is a mutual dislike between the schools. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    _ Cajunfan,There is more than 1 sport.UL has DOMINATED LSUa@mBR in softball. Yes ,they have the upper hand on us in football,but we are neck and neck with them in baseball,and men's basketball. _
    Well softball isn't a sport of high interest. So if there was a rivalry between us and them in softball (which there probably is), then it wouldn't carry over to other sports. Baseball we can beat them but they generally have a better team with more talent and let's face it, they have had much more success than us. I think when schools are rivals, they have to be able to be competitive with each other at the most popular sport at that school. Down in the south, it is football. now in other places rivalries stem from basketball and so on...

_ haha I like it.
    I may have taken it out of context and I will probably will get blasted for saying this but we have to realize that we and LSU are not (athletically) rivals in any way. _
    What was the score of that baseball game the other nite?????????

Quote Originally Posted by E-Wood Cajun View Post
    _ What was the score of that baseball game the other nite????????? _
    How many world series have they won? How many have we? like I said can we beat them? yes. but it's baseball and anyone can beat anyone in baseball on a given night. I'm not trying to bash our program and praise theirs, but they are on a different level than us.
    EDIT: I will say this, if our baseball team continues to improve..you may start to see a real rivalry in baseball form between us.

Rivalries are head to head !!!!!

10. Default Re: Corndog Alert

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    _ Rivalries are head to head !!!!! _
    Every time we play we go head to head ---rivalries are head to head----We are rivals------or Rivalries are head to head---when we play we go head to head-----ERGO We are Rivals!!!!! maybe a little assistance from our Ragin' Pagin Philosophy Branch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Every time we play we go head to head ---rivalries are head to head----We are rivals------or Rivalries are head to head---when we play we go head to head-----ERGO We are Rivals!!!!! maybe a little assistance from our Ragin' Pagin Philosophy Branch!!!! _
    We are 45 minutes away from them. We compete for students, teachers, national recognition, and state funding.

We recruit many of the same athletes, we are judged against each other, and every now and then...we play each other in sports.

Sure, if your definition of "Rival" is strictly based on football...they are definitely on another level.

But then again, if you make up your own definitions for words I guess you can never be wrong.

That's like calling Middle Tennessee and the University of Tennessee a rival. _
    Take it from someone who spent many years in Middle Tennessee.... there are as many MTSU people who feel the same about UT-K as people in our fan base feel about LSU A&MC @ BR.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    _ ri·val   
    [rahy-vuhl] Show IPA
    a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor.
    a person or thing that is in a position to dispute another's preeminence or superiority. _
    Key word in both those definitions is "Person" we are talking about a school. if these definitions applied to school rivalries, we would be rivals with everyone we play..

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    _ Take it from someone who spent many years in Middle Tennessee.... there are as many MTSU people who feel the same about UT-K as people in our fan base feel about LSU A&MC @ BR. _
    That's why I used them as an example. The people at Middle tennessee don't like Tennessee, but would you consider them rivals in sports?!?! I know I don't.

_ Key word in both those definitions is "Person" we are talking about a school. if these definitions applied to school rivalries, we would be rivals with everyone we play..

That's why I used them as an example. The people at Middle tennessee don't like Tennessee, but would you consider them rivals in sports?!?! I know I don't. _
    Am I the only one with access to google.com?

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/School_rivalry

School rivalry - Definition
    Pairs of schools, especially when they are close to each other either geographically or in their areas of specialization, establish a school rivalry with each other over the years. This rivalry can extend to both academics and athletics, the latter being typically more well-known to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    _ Am I the only one with access to google.com?

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/School_rivalry

School rivalry - Definition
    Pairs of schools, especially when they are close to each other either geographically or in their areas of specialization, establish a school rivalry with each other over the years. This rivalry can extend to both academics and athletics, the latter being typically more well-known to the general public. _
    Academics aside. I dont see us competing with them on a consistent enough basis athletically. LSU and UL fans don't like each other. Florida and LSU are rivals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information