Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball facility construction scheduled to begin October 2009

UL Softball Lady Cajun Softball Field.

Any word on what going on. I went there about three weeks back and a UL maintenace man said that he was trying to find some drainage lins under the concret. He found two out of five. No prints to check it out. He also said that day he was expecting contractors from Fla. to start removing the bleachers and set them in the outfield. I say don't start this project until after the season is over. If they start now it will be a disaster. The season starts on Feb. 12 and practice before that.I paid for my baseball tickets and the softball invoice is not ready. Running a little late because they don't know what to do with the fan seating if they start the job.Anybody has any word?

2. Default Re: Lady Cajun Softball Field.

6 weeks till Softball season. WOW

igeaux.mobi

UL Softball Re: Lady Cajun Softball Field.

From Feb 14 to April 27 there are only two dates scheduled with McNeese and Houston. I'm sure the thinking is that those dates can be moved to the other team's venue.

If they put the stands in the outfield, and then allow the die hards to sit in lawn chairs for the February tournament, and then build the new stands, they have about 10 weeks to get the job done.

We can't wait until next year to build this stadium. Building is a very low price right now compared to what it may be if the economy turns around. We need to get this done ASAP.

What is not acceptable is any thought about moving the team onto any temporary field while the new stadium is being built. That field is their home. They deserve to play on their home field even if we all have to stand up on risers behind the outfield fence.

Default Re: Lady Cajun Softball Field.

What the hell have they been waiting for? There should not be an issue of working into the start of the season because it should have been started months ago.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ What the hell have they been waiting for? There should not be an issue of working into the start of the season because it should have been started months ago.

igeaux.mobi _

This is UL we are talking about in all of its administrative glory. Sometimes I wonder if UL shouldn't drop down to Div. III with UNO and put us all out of our misery.

They are working today (December 31) and have removed some of the seating next to the press box.

UL Softball Where will we sit.

A shot from the left field side.

A shot from the right field side.

A wider shot form right field side

Moving seat behind indoor pratice field

From visitors dug out.

And my vacated box seats

Default Re: Where will we sit.

In the outfield. Slight inconvenience.

Is that little press box coming down?

UL Softball Re: Where will we sit.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ Is that little press box coming down? _
    Press box coming down as well as both dug outs and club house. The concret will be busted out for the new foundation. The club house will be rebuilt further down the third base line. This is a major renovation that is well deserved. My only grip is, why start so late. I know they have a reason and I would like to know that reason.

I would be interested in hearing the reasoning as well why they waited so late to start.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I would be interested in hearing the reasoning as well why they waited so late to start. _
    This is the quickest I've ever seen anything get done at UL. Yeah it's going to suck for one season but it sure is great to see progress.

I can't believe we will be watching a potential national championship caliber team from the outfield??? I would love to hear what would happen if this was the case at Arizona, Florida, Arizona State, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, UCLA, or Michigan, or many other big schools? This rebuild should have started the day last season ended.

This is the equivalent of Alabama or Texas telling their football fans that they all have to sit in the end zone. I'd love to hear what Mike and Stefni this about this but they are good team players. The will never speak out about how poorly this has been handled.

MT baseball went through this same situation with their baseball stadium. They had to stand on the ramps to the football stadium to see their baseball team play that season. There fans sucked it up because in the end, they knew they would end up having a top notch stadium.

I guess people are tired of complaining about Bustle and the football team, Lee and the men's basketball team, and Rogers and the women's basketball team, that now they will complain about progress being made to softball facilities.

nm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information