Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Softball facility construction scheduled to begin October 2009

Default Softball facility construction scheduled to begin October 2009

Construction is scheduled to begin in October. This was the date set after the projects were approved by the board.

2. Default Re: Softball Facility new/Improved

Default Re: Softball Facility new/Improved

hopefully the UL in the chairbacks is white and not yellow other than that it looks good

haha yea, i hope there white as well, does this world-class stadium come with a new scoreboard?

Awesome!!!! Thanks for the pics. I wouldn't have done anything different. The red brick is unique to our campus, it has a old school kind of train depot feel. To bad the ipf couldn't be a big brick wearhouse.

Cudos to everyone involved. It's beautiful and RIGHT in my opinion. I hope they have something really special planned to open it, and I hope all ex players are involved. It is the house that they built "brick by brick"

P.S. My idea of a new press box for football is the same, Red brick for days. Put some more red paint around upperdeck and where ever else.

UL Softball Re: Softball Facility new/Improved

/
    The drawings are beautiful. Do you really think they show 1500 seats in the outfield?

I heard that there will be a new scoreboard capable of putting statistics of each hitter. Digital. It will cost a BUNDLE!
    /

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    /
    The drawings are beautiful. Do you really think they show 1500 seats in the outfield?

I heard that there will be a new scoreboard capable of putting statistics of each hitter. Digital. It will cost a BUNDLE!
    /
    I don't think the rendering shows all of the outfield stands. My understanding is the first & third base stands will also be moved to the outfield.

Default U L

Madam,
    The University put it's best foot forward for a softball program much deserving of a new stadium! The university will use the student fee, derived annually from the indoor facility that is now paid off! They contracted with several banks that made a very good fixed rate loan for the construction of the softball, track and field house, and new turf for the baseball field soon to be installed as well! This is done, etched in stone, approved for construction and they are starting on the softball stadium soon! The signs are already in place by Descant, the construction co. contracted to do the job! There is more to come!

I just noticed that the old scoreboard at Lamson was gone and a larger support structure for the new scoreboard has been installed. Softball is supposed to be finishing up their work today, and rumor has it that we should start seeing some work at the park (other than the scoreboard work) very soon.

10. Default Re: Softball Facility new/Improved

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ I just noticed that the old scoreboard at Lamson was gone and a larger support structure for the new scoreboard has been installed. Softball is supposed to be finishing up their work today, and rumor has it that we should start seeing some work at the park (other than the scoreboard work) very soon. _
    Good news

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ I just noticed that the old scoreboard at Lamson was gone and a larger support structure for the new scoreboard has been installed. Softball is supposed to be finishing up their work today, and rumor has it that we should start seeing some work at the park (other than the scoreboard work) very soon. _
    The new scoreboard is in place and looks very nice. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    _ The new scoreboard is in place and looks very nice. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me. _

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun View Post
    _
    _
    Softball Scoreboard Progress
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref.id=99159713391

Where is the score board located? Is it in in the right field? I see a fence behind it. Did they take down the outfield fence already? Never mind, I can see the red outfield fence at the bottom of the first picture. I can see us still sitting in the old stadium. Scott Farmer said that the whole thing should, and I stress should, be finish by summer. There are two places that say they will build it and they start. That's Branson Missouri and lsua&m. Here we talk about it for several years. Put it on paper. Look at it for another two to three years. Then wait for someone to sign off on it. Then work on the bids for another year+. I just don't know the procedure I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Scott Farmer said that the whole thing should, and I stress should, be finish by summer. There are two places that say they will build it and they start. That's Branson, Missouri and lsua&m. Here we talk about it for several years. Put it on paper. Look at it for another two to three years. Then wait for someone to sign off on it. Then work on the bids for another year+. I just don't know the procedure I guess. _
    Sometimes, I feel just like you do. Reading it from someone else is kinda funny, a sad kind of funny. Is it just like a wildcat chasing its tail? Nothing comes of it. Anyway, I have to disagree with the lsua&m thought. Yvette Girouard was promised a new stadium when she was recruited to go there in 2001. See how long it took them to get it done? For them, with all that money, there was no excuse for taking that long.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information