Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Softball facility construction scheduled to begin October 2009

Default Re: Where will we sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _
    I guess people are tired of complaining about Bustle and the football team, Lee and the men's basketball team, and Rogers and the women's basketball team, that now they will complain about progress being made to softball facilities. _

Awwwcome on. If ULM had to watch games from the outfield everyone would be giving them the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    _ I can't believe we will be watching a potential national championship caliber team from the outfield??? I would love to hear what would happen if this was the case at Arizona, Florida, Arizona State, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, UCLA, or Michigan, or many other big schools? This rebuild should have started the day last season ended.

This is the equivalent of Alabama or Texas telling their football fans that they all have to sit in the end zone. I'd love to hear what Mike and Stefni this about this but they are good team players. The will never speak out about how poorly this has been handled. _
    UL is not a private enterprise. It is a state run institution that has to have approval from every one and its momma. Not everyone just wants jump and down and approve everything. Then it has to rely on outside contractors with schedules of their own to do the work. You people act like the university has its on construction team to do this and are refusing to do the work. I think Stefni and Mike are damn glad to have this major upgrade done to their facilities. I can't wait to hear to complaints about upgrading the Tigue and Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredof theBS View Post
    This is the equivalent of Alabama or Texas telling their football fans that they all have to sit in the end zone.
    The view from the end zone is actually pretty good. You may like the change!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ The view from the end zone is actually pretty good. You may like the change!!! _
    I actually agree with this. I've always been to Saints games and had seats in the plaza level.about 35 yard line. I now have season tickets in the loge level in the endzone and I love them! Great view of everything on the field.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Where will we sit.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    _ UL is not a private enterprise. It is a state run institution that has to have approval from every one and its momma. Not everyone just wants jump and down and approve everything. Then it has to rely on outside contractors with schedules of their own to do the work. You people act like the university has its on construction team to do this and are refusing to do the work. I think Stefni and Mike are damn glad to have this major upgrade done to their facilities. I can't wait to hear to complaints about upgrading the Tigue and Cajun Field. _
    You are absolutely correct!

This is the UL Complaint Department, not a UL Sports Forum.

6. UL Softball Re: Where will we sit.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ You are absolutely correct!

This is the UL Complaint Department, not a UL Sports Forum. _
    Ouch

When is the season ticket drive? The 2010 season is only weeks away.

I should say when is the public awareness season ticket drive. Nothing should prevent UL from seling season tickets in the outfield. OR, how about a standing room only season ticket drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Ouch

When is the season ticket drive? The 2010 season is only weeks away.

I should say when is the public awareness season ticket drive. Nothing should prevent UL from seling season tickets in the outfield. OR, how about a standing room only season ticket drive. _
    I spoke with the ticket manager Wednesday night. She & Stefni are meeting Jan. 21 to discuss how the season tickets are going to be handled. That's as much as she could tell me.

Default New Softball Stadium Pix

Graphics for what Lamson Field will look like:

http://ultoday.com

Default Re: New Softball Stadium Pix

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Graphics for what Lamson Field will look like:

http://ultoday.com _
    Nothing new about them. Same ones that have been out for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Nothing new about them. Same ones that have been out for several months. _
    These are in fact updated. I wasn't a big fan of the design but this looks a little better, such as the brick wall and x-ing out the yellow "UL" chairback seats in the stands. little things that will make the overall stadium more professional looking.

it looks like they scratched the 2 storey locker rooms in left field. anyone know why?

thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ These are in fact updated. I wasn't a big fan of the design but this looks a little better, such as the brick wall and x-ing out the yellow "UL" chairback seats in the stands. little things that will make the overall stadium more professional looking.

it looks like they scratched the 2 storey locker rooms in left field. anyone know why?

thanks for sharing _
    Thanks for the comments. The website has been a lot of work for the past two years. We're still trying to figure out how to make money off of it so we can do even more for UL, but so far almost all of it has been on my own time.

It's nice to know that the effort is appreciated.

BTW, check out the sports headlines, the UGA fans & writers keep bashing us:

http://ultoday.com/node/sports-headlines

the only thing i don't like on the rendering is the world series followed by the year of the appearance on the outer brick wall. We will soon run out of room on that wall if they center it like they have on that rendering. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Thanks for the comments. The website has been a lot of work for the past two years. We're still trying to figure out how to make money off of it so we can do even more for UL, but so far almost all of it has been on my own time.

It's nice to know that the effort is appreciated.

BTW, check out the sports headlines, the UGA fans & writers keep bashing us:

http://ultoday.com/node/sports-headlines _

They are bashing an opening opponent named Louisiana Lafayette. They don't know anything about us and base everything on our name and not in a good way. All the reason to continue to push for Louisiana and drop the Lafayette, athletically. Perception is a *itch.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ They are bashing an opening opponent named Louisiana Lafayette. They don't know anything about us and base everything on our name and not in a good way. All the reason to continue to push for Louisiana and drop the Lafayette, athletically. Perception is a *itch. _
    It will make it that much sweeter if we beat them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information