Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: 2005-06 Volunteer Days

Default Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

If you were talking about me, I hope you aren't mistaking my post to be a complaint. I just wanted those involved to realize that the wall would be pink in 3 years. I hope this fact was taken into consideration when they decided on red walls. And I hope that they are prepared to repaint it every 2-3 years. It's not a complaint just a concern.

I have never met Bustle or Gerald before in my life and I don't think that I am going to call them up to ask them about paint on a wall.

I am a student and pay something like a $45 fee every semester to attend Cajun athletic events. I am also helping to pay for the new indoor practice facility because I voted to add another student fee to my tuition. I attend all home football games, 95% of the basketball games, and 6 or 7 baseball games. I spend about $6 a game on nachos, peanuts, cokes, etc. And I do everything I can to get friends and family to join me to boost our attendance. That is the extent of my involvement. Am I involved enough to have the right to complain?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    If you were talking about me, I hope you aren't mistaking my post to be a complaint. I just wanted those involved to realize that the wall would be pink in 3 years. I hope this fact was taken into consideration when they decided on red walls. And I hope that they are prepared to repaint it every 2-3 years. It's not a complaint just a concern.

I have never met Bustle or Gerald before in my life and I don't think that I am going to call them up to ask them about paint on a wall.

I am a student and pay something like a $45 fee every semester to attend Cajun athletic events. I am also helping to pay for the new indoor practice facility because I voted to add another student fee to my tuition. I attend all home football games, 95% of the basketball games, and 6 or 7 baseball games. I spend about $6 a game on nachos, peanuts, cokes, etc. And I do everything I can to get friends and family to join me to boost our attendance. That is the extent of my involvement. Am I involved enough to have the right to complain?
    How about a couple of hours of your vaulable time? I'm not knocking you, but we all have paid our share in tickets,tax dollars for facilities,etc. Right now, we could use some help from some folks who are willing to participate. I've heard plenty of ideas or concerns, the meetings are the place to express such comments. I hope some of you guys can make those meetings. Right now,we need ACTION!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I Wish my schedule would have allowed me to make it last night. You would have heard me say I am totally against painting ANYTHING red

Turbine your always keeping on my toes, its Vermillion NOT red!!
    For me it is "VERMILION or BUST"
    Vermillion it is!! Turbine you might want to call Gerald back as you left him a message on my machine. At the time I have that computer dude answering my messages not my voice

DaddyCajun!

UL Football Re: volunteer update/complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cajun
    And what a great job the two guys who painted the slabs did, don't you think?

We've got oilfield equipment at our shop that we paint with the same red paint we used on the slab and it never turns pink.
    Thank you, and hope you can come out and help one of those TWO guys(RedBug) takle the wall.

I am going to try and get some of the Tennis area finished during the week so we can help with the VERMILLION WALL!!!!!!!!!!

DADDYCAJUN!!

5. Default Re: volunteer update/complaining

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Thank you, and hope you can come out and help one of those TWO guys(RedBug) takle the wall.

I am going to try and get some of the Tennis area finished during the week so we can help with the VERMILLION WALL!!!!!!!!!!

DADDYCAJUN!!
    Heard an ad today on KPEL fm for the Work weekend. Had a number to call Gerald--Talked about how much money we saved in past work days.

Default Re: volunteer update/complaining

DADDYCAJUN!!
    I was at the first and last meeting at Pete's. I WAS one of the two guys who painted the pump cover. I've assigned myself to the crawfish team at Lancon Track. I should be there the whole weekend.

I still remember the first volunteer day organized by CDEB back in about 2000. We renovated the UL bushes in the North end zone. That was a tough job.

Will there be a meeting this week? I've only been able to make one due to conflicts with 4 of my kids playing baseball. I think we finished the last game last night. I've already dedicated my 4-wheeler and my time, but if we're going to "hit the ground running" on the "Vermilion Wall" I need to know the organizational status. Also, we've got to have music playing on the PA system to help me work faster!

Music is always nice while working.lol.

UL Football Re: volunteer update/complaining

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    Will there be a meeting this week? I've only been able to make one due to conflicts with 4 of my kids playing baseball. I think we finished the last game last night. I've already dedicated my 4-wheeler and my time, but if we're going to "hit the ground running" on the "Vermilion Wall" I need to know the organizational status. Also, we've got to have music playing on the PA system to help me work faster!
    Meeting is again Thursday at Pete's @ 6p.m.!! Working on music and videos!

DaddyCajun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    PAINTING THE WALL RED WOULD BE A VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!

If you paint the wall red it will fade and next year you will have a pink wall surrounding Cajun Field. Painting it every year or every other year will take a lot of time and money.
    Pink walls would give us all at LOUISIANA just another reason to meet and have a painting Bar-B-Q!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!

Pink walls would give us all at LOUISIANA just another reason to meet and have a painting Bar-B-Q!!!!!!!!
    And we can listen to Pink Floyd while we do

UL Football Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

I plan on being there Thursday night. I'm ready for another Big Petes burger. It's time to get this show on the road. Now if we can just keep the rain away!

Default Re: V5 2005 - Volunteer Days - United Louisiana Cajuns (planning)

If my schedule clears up I plan on working Saturday can I just show up and where do I report?

Default To All Cajun Volunteers!!

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication in advance.Please except my apology for not being able to attend this weekend’s cleanup.Do to the death of my Aunt today,a woman I considered as my second mother,I will be heading to Little Rock,Ark tomorrow morning. Please explain my absence to Gerald and others as I will help any way I can in the future.Not much of a 16th wedding anniversary gift I might say as well.

Default Re: To All Cajun Volunteers!!

My prayers and best wishes go out to your family.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information