Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2005-06 Volunteer Days

Default Re: 2005-06-30

Count me in I will be able to help on some of the days

Ragin' Cajuns Volunteer Weekend Updates

FIRST ALL PAINTING SUPPLIES ARE BEING DONATED BY NO LESS THAN THREE DIFFERENT COMPANIES. I WILL POST THOSE NAMES AS SOON AS GERALD SAYS IT IS OK.

ALL IS COMING TOGETHER AS FOOD AND DRINKS FOR ALL 3 WORKDAYS ARE BEING DONATED!!

RED BUG THIS INFO IS FOR YOU, JUST NOT EXCLUSIVE TO YOU!! THE WHITE WALL AT THE BOTTOM OF CAJUN FIELD HAS BEEN APPROVED TO BE PAINTED RED!!!!!!!

DO NOT LET THIS SIGN BE NEXT TO YOU WHEN SOMEONE ASK IF YOU HELPED OUT AT THE ATHLETIC COMPLEX

DADDY CAJUN

ps I will post some other info about some nice developments with changes to THE CAJUN ATHLETIC COMPLEX!!!!!

Default Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    RED BUG THIS INFO IS FOR YOU, JUST NOT EXCLUSIVE TO YOU!! THE WHITE WALL AT THE BOTTOM OF CAJUN FIELD HAS BEEN APPROVED TO BE PAINTED RED!!!!!!!
    PAINTING THE WALL RED WOULD BE A VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!

If you paint the wall red it will fade and next year you will have a pink wall surrounding Cajun Field. Painting it every year or every other year will take a lot of time and money. That is time and money that could be better spent doing other cleanup projects around the field.

Personally I think the tan-white color they chose looks excellent. I think it would be cool to paint "Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns" in red with black trim on the white walls.

I also think it would be cool to repaint “Ragin Cajuns” on the student side to match our new lettering along with the numbers of the retired jerseys.

how bout painting it black.water running from the levees/bleachers turn the wall that color anyway. painting it black would make the wall always look clean.

I think red would be better but it will fade.

I agree, too much red is overpowering. I believe mixing grays with red stripping. I personally don't like to much red , would you paint your house red. Don't misunderstand me, I bleed Cajun Vermilion Red as a supporter, just don't paint everything red, trim it with red.
    Geaux Cajuns

6. Default volunteer update/complaining

:confused: daddycajun gave you update about painting the wall red which was discussed at the meeting, i don't understand, please someone help me out here, i mean we ask people to come to a meeting and share ideas and opinions and you don't show up but when a decission is made you were no where around to be heard and now all of a sudden, well, i don't like this it should be this way/that way.what gives? then come the complaints, WOW i'm sorry i just don't get it, then again i guest i never do, so just "KILL ME NOW." thank you daddycajun see you at volunteer weekend it will be fun. TO ME THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Coach Bustle is the one pushing the RED, maybe because how good the RED with the White letters trimmed in black just below the Sky Boxes looks!!!

I was also for the White or Tanish wall with black/red letters. I understand and agree that the Red will fade.

I suggest giving Coach Bustle and/or Gerald a call and state your concerns. Also hopefully one way or another you will all be able to make it out to Volunteer Days as the Food/Fun/Friends will be second to none!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!

8. Default Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

I Wish my schedule would have allowed me to make it last night. You would have heard me say I am totally against painting ANYTHING red

For me it is "VERMILION or BUST"

9. Default Re: volunteer update/complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    daddycajun gave you update about painting the wall red which was discussed at the meeting, i don't understand, please someone help me out here, i mean we ask people to come to a meeting and share ideas and opinions and you don't show up but when a decission is made you were no where around to be heard and now all of a sudden, well, i don't like this it should be this way/that way.what gives?
    I think a vermilion wall will look good.

It is only 5 feet tall with grey cement above and grass below, and hopefully white banners everywhere.

Now if we painted it white, a contrasting Vermilion banner would be real hard to come by.

This is the best indicator of what a VERMILION wall might look like.
    The inside of the tunnel was painted almost a decade ago.
    The slab over the pumps was painted 2 years ago.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: volunteer update/complaining

Oldman I agree!! You and I and several others have been at the meetings every Thursday for the past (3)THREE. Many things were discussed some of which have not been posted yet. IF BACKERS WANT TO COMPLAIN THEN GET INVOLVED BEYOND THIS BOARD. IF YOU ARE INVOLVED(IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM) THEN YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!!

YES YOU MAY HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, BUT WITH AS MANY GREAT THINGS IN THE WORKS AND THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN DONE, WE COLLECTIVELY NEED TO USE OUR ENERGIES TO CONTINUE MOVING FORWARD NOT BICKER LIKE A BUNCH OF OLD HENS!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE LOUISIANA'S RAGIN CAJUNS, NOT THE BICKERING HENS!!!!!

COME ON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT IS CALLED SACRIFICE. WE ALL HAVE FAMILIES, JOBS, SCHOOL, ETC. NO ONE IS ASKING YOU TO GIVE ALL YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!! AN HOUR HERE AND THERE ON VOLUTEER WEEKEND AND BOOM YOU HAVE HELPED, IT IS A FEELING YOU WON'T SOON FORGET!!!!!!!

NOT UPSET, JUST ASKING FOR A LITTLE MORE INVOLVEMENT, AND POSITIVE SPEAK!!

DADDYCAJUN!

UL Tennis V4 - Volunteers That Can Not Make The Weekend

CAN CALL ME AND I WILL BE AT TENNIS AND TRACK PRESSURE WASHING DURING THE WEEK ONE DAY AS I MYSELF CAN ONLY MAKE HALF THE WEEKEND DUE TO WORK.

GIVE ME SOME HEADS UP SO I KNOW HOW MANY PRESSURE WASHERS TO GET!

PROBALLY LOOKING AT EITHER TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, OR THURSDAY!!

DADDY CAJUN

ps I have a company thru a friend that is measuring and looking at replacing the Roof over the Tennis Court Grandstand. We were scheduled to repaint it only to find it is rusting out in places, and would be better to just replace it.

Default Re: volunteer update/complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I think a vermilion wall will look good.

The inside of the tunnel was painted almost a decade ago.
    The slab over the pumps was painted 2 years ago.
    And what a great job the two guys who painted the slabs did, don't you think?

We've got oilfield equipment at our shop that we paint with the same red paint we used on the slab and it never turns pink.

13. Default Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    I agree, too much red is overpowering. I believe mixing grays with red stripping. I personally don't like to much red , would you paint your house red. Don't misunderstand me, I bleed Cajun Vermilion Red as a supporter, just don't paint everything red, trim it with red.
    Geaux Cajuns
    I don't know this looks pretty good. Just change the orange to red. What ya think?

I think the above example shows the look we should go for. We have to do things to make our identity stick when they visit the stadium. The vermillion trim helps us do that.

UL Football Re: Volunteer Weekend Updates

Our stadium is bland & blah. Old looking concrete everywhere. The red painted rim will make the field "jump out" and if we can follow this up with "Ragin Cajuns" & "Louisiana" all over it in white with black trim it will be awsome. It will show up in every picture, film clip, and highlight in the newspaper and television. This is the project that I will be working on and I plan on being there "the whole time"! Beau Cajun & I painted the pump house cover. It went fast & it still looks good. Gerald did the reasearch to get the "right" paint. This is a perfect project for work days because it is labor intensive and it is something everyone can do.

You want to be there on "The Day The Vermilion Flowed Through Cajun Field!"

The other teams will now see red baby!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information