Thread: UL Lacrosse Takes on SFA

Ragin' Cajuns UL Lacrosse Takes on SFA

The UL Lacrosse team takes on Stephen F. Austin tomorrow (Saturday) at noon.
    The game will be played at the UL Rec Fields - Coliseum Rd. (fields across from fraternity houses).

Please come out and support UL's newest team in hopes of getting our first win of the season. It's a great sport to come see if you have never seen it played. The weather looks to be great as well

Hope to see you all there!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

P.S.- On Sunday the team travels to LSUA&M@BR with the game starting at noon as well.

2. Default Re: UL Lacrosse Takes on SFA

Great
    igeaux.mobi

Default Re: UL Lacrosse Takes on SFA

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Great
    igeaux.mobi _
    This is cool. Could I get some info on this? Where does the Lacrosse team play on the campus? Do they post a schedule? How is time kept & how long does a game usually last? Does the team have a web sight like the rugby team? Is Lacrosse a hard sport to learn? My son is interested in the sport. He loves anything with football pads & sticks to brain people with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    _ This is cool. Could I get some info on this? Where does the Lacrosse team play on the campus? Do they post a schedule? How is time kept & how long does a game usually last? Does the team have a web sight like the rugby team? Is Lacrosse a hard sport to learn? My son is interested in the sport. He loves anything with football pads & sticks to brain people with. _
    http://ragincajunslax.webstarts.com/index.html

they play at the UL rec fields. Game lasts about 2 hours in high school. I think it's about the same for college. It does take time to learn and get comfortable with throwing and catching but other than that it isnt that hard of a sport to learn. If you dont mind me asking, how old is your son?
    I started last year and it is a really really fun sport.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan32 View Post
    _ http://ragincajunslax.webstarts.com/index.html

they play at the UL rec fields. Game lasts about 2 hours in high school. I think it's about the same for college. It does take time to learn and get comfortable with throwing and catching but other than that it isnt that hard of a sport to learn. If you dont mind me asking, how old is your son?
    I started last year and it is a really really fun sport. _
    He's 14 & he's big for his age. I think he'd like this sport because he's got pretty good speed for his size & he's a killer in football. All the Lacrosse players I've seen are pretty big. I don't think he's ever sat down & watched a contest, but he's talked about wanting to learn the sport every time there's some kind of movie scene with lacrosse in it. Are the rules complicated?

_ He's 14 & he's big for his age. I think he'd like this sport because he's got pretty good speed for his size & he's a killer in football. All the Lacrosse players I've seen are pretty big. I don't think he's ever sat down & watched a contest, but he's talked about wanting to learn the sport every time there's some kind of movie scene with lacrosse in it. Are the rules complicated? _
    That's a good age to start. I'm assuming he's going to be a freshmen in High school next year. If so, there are two high school teams in lafayette. one is STM and the other is the Lafayette lions. The lions is a club team so anyone, no matter what school can play for them. The rules aren't that complicated. But anytime you learn a new sport there are gonna be a good bit of rules to learn. It is very similar to hockey

_ That's a good age to start. I'm assuming he's going to be a freshmen in High school next year. If so, there are two high school teams in lafayette. one is STM and the other is the Lafayette lions. The lions is a club team so anyone, no matter what school can play for them. The rules aren't that complicated. But anytime you learn a new sport there are gonna be a good bit of rules to learn. It is very similar to hockey _
    Can I get a lead on who to contact @ Lafayette High?

_ Can I get a lead on who to contact @ Lafayette High? _
    sure. I'll send you a PM later with an email address. I need to find it first though lol. The person's email i'm giving you isn't someone from lafayette high cause the team isn't affiliated with the school but he should be able to give you the info you need.

_ sure. I'll send you a PM later with an email address. I need to find it first though lol. The person's email i'm giving you isn't someone from lafayette high cause the team isn't affiliated with the school but he should be able to give you the info you need. _
    Thanks.

Thread Information