View Poll Results: What to go with the Basketball Court discussion?

Voters
71. This poll is closed
  • New Court in Dome.

11 15.49%
  • New Court in EKL.

13 18.31%
  • Keep both.

1 1.41%
  • New Court in Dome, move old one to EKL.

46 64.79%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Floor In Dome First!!!

UL Basketball New Floor In Dome First!!!

Why dont we try to push for a new Cajundome floor before EKL. We are hosting the tourney in 06-07 and we are in need of a new floor before then. The logos are old and the wood is chipping and cracking. Mens games are the ones that are shown on tv, we need to impress recruits and the nation to make this program grow. Lets get a new floor for the Dome and fix up and give the old one to EKL.

Is the floor in EKL that bad? If so, how much will the cajundome floor improve the situation in EKL? I don't like the idea of "hand-me-downs" for the ladies program.

Ragin' Cajuns

I agree shoflet's update them both!

They could both use an upgrade; EK Long alot more than the dome. But when you take into consideration the fact that the Dome is seen by more fans and more TV cameras, I think we should update the dome first.

5. Default

EKL from the stands

Attached Images Attached Images  

University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns the #1 Sports Choice in Acadiana.

6. Default

Originally posted by shof
    Is the floor in EKL that bad?
    In some ways I like it better. But I don't play on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The EKL floor does not even look that bad. Yes, it needs to be resurfaced and painted, but thats it. The wood is fine. Those floors can be sanded and whatever painted on them. The Cajundome floor is cracking and has gotten broken up from conversion to and from hockey and other events.

I've been thinking about this alot lately (even before this poll and thread was started.)

If the court at the dome is in bad shape, then we need to get a new court! The design of it NEEDS to change VERY BADLY! I loved that center design when we first started using it, but I almost hate it now. We need something BIGGER! I see all the time on TV now, that center courts in college bkb are getting down right huge!!!

What about something like this as a possible new Cajundome court?
    http://ragincajunfan.home.att.net/cajuns/new_court.jpg

I've never been to EKL (when I was student the girls team was down right awful!) If the dome's court cannot be passed down, then maybe they need a new court too. Seeing the pic that was posted of the court at EKL, that is the WORST design of a court I have ever seen! It at least needs to be re-painted!

All I want to know is who out there with all these ideas to replace both courts($$$), will be putting up the monies to make the upgrades. Good ideas and would be great BUT where is the money??

Gerald has a bunch of projects already on tap that are UNFUNDED!!!!!!! Cajun Fans I am sorry to say WE need to STOP all the window shopping and BREAK OUT THE CASH!!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!!!

I would love for the guys to get a new floor in the dome but its very hard for me to justify taking ii away form the girls. I wish there was a way to get them both new floors.

Originally posted by andrepourciau
    What about something like this as a possible new Cajundome court?
    http://ragincajunfan.home.att.net/cajuns/new_court.jpg
    What game is that from? That is a pretty nice looking crowd! All of our games should look like that.

I got that pic from ragincajuns.com men's basketball page. I know it was taken at the WKU game, just not sure what year. 2-3 years ago maybe, when we were on ESPN2. It was a crowd of over 9,000 if I'm not mistaken.

What does everyone think of my new court design?

I like it but I think the Louisiana needs to be the dominant word(size wise) not Ragin Cajuns!!

14. Default

It order to leave future options wide open, I think they need to go with a portable floor like the CajunDome has.

15. Ragin' Cajuns WELL!!!!!!!!

The floor has to go in EKL because insurance is paying for it because the roof leaked and caused the damage. So, we can stop the debate! And yes both venues need new courts! And both teams deserve the best!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information