Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning the Tigue

RedBug is coming out to the Tigue tonight!!!!!

UL Baseball Tigue Spring Cleaning Update!!!!

Work is fun??? Fun at Work!! Thanks to a great group of young men and Women as Day 2 of Tigue Spring Cleaning was very productive!!

The Outfield fence washing COMPLETE!

Both Dug Out roofs have been painted Black and will be restriped(a baseball then ragin cajuns then the circle Louisiana Ragin Cajun)will be painted Wednesday or Thursday or Friday depending on Weather and help.

Dugout and behind home plate padding armor-alled complete!

Pressure washing with one washer was slow but productive as tomorrow 3-4 units will be in action :confused: Weather permitting:confused:

Guys this was tuff but very fun and rewarding.

Thanks for Rasing Cain for feeding us today

Doc painted the dugouts and the Advocate is coming back by tomorrow or whenever the weather is nice to get a shot of Doc and Art painting the logos atop the dugouts!!

Redbug and Two of his daughters along with Mike(peanut mans son) myself, turbine and Sid completed the outfield fence washing!

Sid and DaddyCajun pressure washed the entrance way on pass the Gameday Sponsor board today. Night and Day difference!!!

Tomorrow or whenever the rain lets us we need bodies to run the 3-6 pressure washers needed to complete the job. We will have 3 washers as of 6p.m. Wednesday and Two as of NOON!!

One pressure washer per line(box seat area) Two on the front side concrete walking area infront of stadium This should do it but more units would get it done faster and FOR CERTAIN

Some Green fencing needs to be repainted great for service hours for the kids and mom or dad to do together! RedBugs Two Super Daughters put in each TWO hours of service work for their school! Thanks Girls you did a great JOB, Coach Robe will be proud to hear this of your great service!!

I must echo RedBugs post that the second best thing to NOT being in Hawaii watching LOUISIANA BASEBALL crush the Shockers, was being out at the Tigue under the LIGHTS working next to a Great Group of Super Cajun FANS!!!

COME OUT AND HELP EACH NIGHT TO COMPLETE TIGUE SPRING CLEANING NUMBER ONE WE LOVE YA AND WE NEED YA, SO COME OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN

WEDNESDAY 3-2-2005 4:30 TILL 9p.m.

Daddy Cajun

Turbine don't forget to charge the battery!!

4. Default

Originally posted by DaddyCajun
    Turbine don't forget to charge the battery!!
    Charging.

It was fun wish I could have stayed longer.

txCajun was there with Dr. Doolin as well.

University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns the #1 Sports Choice in Acadiana.

Possible Bar-B-Q at the Tigue tonight or tomorrow!

Show up After 4p.m. each day thanks!!

DaddyCajun!!

Black roof? HOT! Maybe the home dugout should also get a layer of insulation under it. :-) I'll shut up now, since my labor contribution is zero.

Just a thought, but what about getting some local high schoolers who need community service hours from time to time to come in and clean this or that. Maybe give them a free T-shirt or something. It serves 2 purposes in getting things cleaned and possibly getting some youngsters involved in Cajun Athletics. I ask because my nephew was looking for something to do last weekend for community service hours.

Just my $.02

Organize it and see it through, great idea I just do not have the time to implement it!

Thanks Big Earl,
    DaddyCajun!!

ps Get out here if your able even 2-3hrs would be great!!

9. UL Football cleaniong of cajun field

Why can't we carry this over to cajun field. I've never understood why our athletic department has never went to the sherriff(a former player)and had him clean send his wprk detail of prisoners clean both up and turn an eyesore and an embarrassment back into the gems that they can both be

Sounds great, set it up and see it through!!!

UL Baseball Day FIVE of Tigue Spring Clean Up.Not Finished Yet.HELP!!!

Whew!!!!!! Got to love it!!! Cajun Fans, this is what is left to be done, and we need your help, yes I am talking to you, yeh YOU!!!

1st Base boxes and cooking area not started yet.
    Cement from right infront of the concession area rapped left around the corner by the peanut man and rapped right around to the 1st base dugout.
    Cement behind the 3rd base bleachers infront of the club house!
    Also the cement at the base of the 1st base stands.
    The Painting will be Finished by Doc and Art each doing seperate areas of the dugout tops!!
    If time permits two small green wooden fences

If one person from each boxseat would put in just ONE hour we could knock it out in time. That my friends just won't happen.

Maybe Stevee-P and S-Note will give us some plugs in their am/pm shows and get to more of our fan base!!!!!

Daddy Cajun Lovin the Clean version of the Tigue, come love it with US!!!!

I don't have any equipment (but a worn out old body), but I will be there to help around 4:00PM.

I can come earlier if need be. Just let me know by emailing me at cajunkahouna@hotmail.com or calling me at 288-9271.

I'll be there (again) tonight. What's the schedule for this weekend?

Passed by at lunch, it looks even better in the day light.

Saturday I will be there between 3-4pm to get started! Feel free to go sooner. May have to call Tina for a key! Call me thru Turbine or find my number on one of the post. OH here it is use sparingly 337-344-8283.

DaddyCajun!!

DC:

Between last night and this morning, I was able to complete the cement (3 base side) from the ice machine around the peanut stand up to the club house and the stairs leading up to the 3 base bleachers. I also pressure washed the field side of the brick backstop between the dugouts. There is still a small section in front of the concession stand and the wrap around walkway on the 1st base side.

One gas can is empty and the other only has about 1/4 left (or less). Most of the hoses are in the 3 bas dug out.

A couple of people stopped by said that they would try to come out Sunday.

There is still a ton left to do, so anyone with some spare time and a pressure washer come on out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information