Thread: LSU A&M Schedule

UL Football LSU A&M Schedule

Did anyone happen to notice the 05 football sked for LSU A&M? Looks like those silly, arrogant tiggers have a legitimate shot at another title. Two most difficult games are against florida and auburn--both at home. And their most difficult road game is at Alabama. Not saying we would go undefeated with that sked, yet, that is!
    But I will always argue if the Cajuns were in the SEC, they would be a consistant 7-4, 6-5 team. Look at that schedule and tell me they cant win at least 6 of those games!
    BCS CONFERENCES ARE OVERRATED!

My apologies, I missed ASU on the sked. I give them a lil credit for that one, that is a good game.

Yet none of their fans will admit to the fact they're practically playing high school teams!

WHO CARES!!!!!! We have to translate our recent recruiting success to on the field production... namely WINS! We are making strides in the right direction and I really beleive this team is going to have a winning record next year (i did think that before last year as well). Until we can prove that we can win in the Sunbelt Conference, I will not speculate what we WOULD do in another conference.
    Just my .02 cents!!!!!

I am simply saying, it is easier for a team to win in a big conference than it is in an midmajor conference.
    Look at it like this:
    Bottom of the pack BCS teams are awful! Teams like Vandy, Temple, Kentucky, Indiana, etc. They are just terrible teams and are in my opinion equivalent of a Florida Int. Team that gets pounded by all conference teams. Then their non-conference games are against powder-puffs. Appalaichan St? Citadel? Seriously, when are they going to buck up and play some real teams. Not saying that our non-conference for 05 is all that impressive(excluding Texas), but Auburn wants to cry because they didnt get a chance to play for the championship. My response to that is, get tough and go play, on the road if you have to, teams like Florida St., Miami, Texas, etc. If you are the best team in the counrty, at least that is your argument, then it doesnt matter who you play because you are the best! Until that day comes, I dont feel sorry for big programs that feel they got snubbed.

Originally posted by lxa656
    I am simply saying, it is easier for a team to win in a big conference than it is in an midmajor conference.
    Look at it like this:
    Bottom of the pack BCS teams are awful! Teams like Vandy, Temple, Kentucky, Indiana, etc. They are just terrible teams and are in my opinion equivalent of a Florida Int. Team that gets pounded by all conference teams. Then their non-conference games are against powder-puffs. Appalaichan St? Citadel? Seriously, when are they going to buck up and play some real teams. Not saying that our non-conference for 05 is all that impressive(excluding Texas), but Auburn wants to cry because they didnt get a chance to play for the championship. My response to that is, get tough and go play, on the road if you have to, teams like Florida St., Miami, Texas, etc. If you are the best team in the counrty, at least that is your argument, then it doesnt matter who you play because you are the best! Until that day comes, I dont feel sorry for big programs that feel they got snubbed.
    Well said!!!!

7. Default Re: LSU A&M Schedule

Originally posted by lxa656
    Did anyone happen to notice the 05 football sked for LSU A&M? Looks like those silly, arrogant tiggers have a legitimate shot at another title. Two most difficult games are against florida and auburn--both at home. And their most difficult road game is at Alabama. Not saying we would go undefeated with that sked, yet, that is!
    But I will always argue if the Cajuns were in the SEC, they would be a consistant 7-4, 6-5 team. Look at that schedule and tell me they cant win at least 6 of those games!
    BCS CONFERENCES ARE OVERRATED!

2005 Louisiana State University AND Agricultural AND Mechanical College Football Schedule:

Date Opponent (TV) Site/Stadium Time Gameday
    09/03/05 North Texas Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    09/10/05 Arizona State Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    09/24/05 Tennessee Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    10/01/05 Mississippi State Starkville, Miss. TBA --
    10/08/05 Vanderbilt Nashville, Tenn. TBA --
    10/15/05 Florida Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    10/22/05 Auburn Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    11/05/05 Appalachian State Baton Rouge, La. TBA --
    11/12/05 Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA --
    11/19/05 Ole Miss Oxford, Miss. TBA --
    11/26/05 Arkansas Baton Rouge, La. TBA --

Don't look so easy to me. With the exception of NT & App. State, and maybe Vandy, all games are a toss up for either team! Heck, Vandy is not as bad as most folks think they are. MSU beat UF last year. ASU, UT, UF, AU, Bama, Ole Miss, & Arky aren't exactly "easy" games for ANYBODY!!!! I will not say what I think the Cajuns record would be against this type of competition, but it's not as easy as you might be lead to believe. I'll be happy if we finish 9-2 vs that schedule.

BTW, we have a tentative agreement in hand to begin a home & home with OU. ND does not want to come back to Baton Rouge at the present time. VT backed out of a scheduled game last year. So did Marshall. There are talks with Nebraska also. aTm flat out said no. They say it's for recruiting reasons. Yeah right. Kids from LA & TX swap schools every year. 30 letters were sent out to Div. IA schools asking for the 11/05/05 playing date. All had prior commitments and expressed interest for the upcoming years.

What else would you like to know?

But hey, I'll still wish you guys luck with your football season.

8. Default

Originally posted by bigearl
    WHO CARES!!!!!! We have to translate our recent recruiting success to on the field production... namely WINS! We are making strides in the right direction and I really beleive this team is going to have a winning record next year (i did think that before last year as well). Until we can prove that we can win in the Sunbelt Conference, I will not speculate what we WOULD do in another conference.
    Just my .02 cents!!!!!
    bigearl
    I can remember back in the "curley & gerry" days and some folks would always same the same thing about how we'd have a winning record this year, the next, and so on. Well guess what, until we were rid of those clowns it didn't happen. When Saban came along, he was obviously all business and had an agenda (which was to head to the NFL eventually....ugh!) and a TON of discipline. I see the same thing with Bustle. Saban lucked out, honestly, and walked into a situation where he had "carte blanche" to make things happen. The rest is history,....pun intended. Case and point here, I always stuck to my guns about worrying about what is going with LSU and not worry about other schools. I know it may sound ugly, but all it leads to is getting chastised by other schools' fans on how they are jealous of what they are doing at that particular school. It's a whole lot more fun to pick at each other when both parties involved have schools that are winning.

Best of luck to you guys!

King Tigger,
    I dont doubt that you guys really do try to get more attractive names in your home place, so I dont hate on a big BCS team because they have to play some powder puffs. Again, to make point all I am saying is that the whole BCS deal is a crock!(I am talking about the conferences, not the system)
    I have already admitted to my oversight of ASU, that is a quality game to be played in non-conference and could be ugly if your boys dont go out ready to play.
    The Cajuns may not be there yet, or maybe they are, we wont know until next season. What I am getting at, is that a solid team from the sunbelt could take a sked like that or any typical BCS sked and have a winning season. I believe that you could even admit to that. Sure they may not go 9-2, 8-3, but can certainly make a case to where they can go 6-5 possibly even 7-4! This isnt a rip on LSU A&M, but simply a typical big confernce school, and I will repeat what I said in a previous post, but I dont feel sorry for schools that feel they got snubbed until they play some real games out of conference. I understand they may not be there fault sometimes, but until "big-tyme" schools realize that, I dont feel sorry for them!
    Also, I would never be disappointed with a 9-2 record, but that sked is very much in your favor next year. Your toughest games are home. The only big time road game is Bama(the tide is nothing but a menstral cycle!) and you really shouldnt struggle in your other ones. I can see you guys competing for the national title this year again! I wouldnt be surpirsed in the least if you do, and I wish you the best of luck in doing so because the better your program gets, the better ours gets! Also this year is your year because the Cajuns are coming in 06 and there is no way we are walking out of that stadium without the W!

How does the topic of this thread relate to Ragin Cajun football or UL?

Originally posted by ATXCajun
    How does the topic of this thread relate to Ragin Cajun football or UL?
    it does not :confused:

lx, you spend a lot of time worrying about LSU. Focus.

DEEEEP Breath....ok! My apologies, I just get worked up when they give me their arrogance and want to get into it with me. DEEEEEP Breath again, CAJUNS RULE, DEEEEP Breath, GEAUX CAJUNS, DEEEEEP Breath

Ok i feel better now!

Thread Information