Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Louisiana Basketball 2006 team

definitely got some jitters up here in the Land of Lincoln as well!

Now that C. Williams & M. Southall are out of the picture, someone care to prognosticate on next year's lineup? A recap of recruits/signees/transfers would be nice also.

3. Default

I know it's exciting to look ahead at the potential team UL could have, but wouldn't it be logical to focus on what is at hand. We have a "huge" game to win. If/When we win our first game, the scenario you guys are trying to figure out could change drastically. Who knows what type of players will want to join the Cajuns.

Bring back "The Voice of the Cajuns"!no offense to Jay, but there isn't any comparison. He is missed dearly!

I agree my friendLet's wait and see who will be wearing the vermillion and white! MS and CW have given me enough heartaches!

5. Default They're done!

Forget about Southall and Williams. They were both arrested last week after leaving the basketball banquet early.

6. Default

i would not count on southhall or williams both were arrested this weekend

They were arrested after leaving the basketball banquet? What the hell? Gotta be a mental illness!

V. Hart is in Lafayette.Just sommething positive! Picture of him in the Advertiser today!

Who is V. Hart, I saw him in the Advertiser today.

Originally posted by TheFan
    Who is V. Hart, I saw him in the Advertiser today.
    JR college transfer that will be eligible to play next season. Big guy 6'10 240

The squad for next year could have lots of new faces. Besides Hamilton and Greene leaving, I believe it is likely Fobbs and Rhodman will leave as well. It is even possible Spencer Ford will leave. I expect both Mitchell and Cameron to be back. Regarding Ross Ryden, he signed with UTA but never played there. He started school here last fall as just a regular student. Over the holidays he went ask Coach Lee for a tryout and showed he could shoot. He will be on the team next year without a scholarship.

CajunsMike's 2006 projected squad
    Tiras Wade
    Chris Cameron
    Dwayne Mitchell
    Ross Mouton
    Adam James
    Spencer Ford
    Derek Grey
    Lucian Graham
    Valention Hart
    Booker Woodfox
    Seni Oseni
    Ross Ryden
    Rhett Hebert
    Additional Signee
    Additional Signee
    Additional Signee
    You can have 13 on scholarship and 15 on the roster. There are 16 names up there. I did not include Francis. Coach Lee has said he plans to sign three beyond the commitments. Therefore someone else will have to leave if that comes to pass. Gray and Ford would be the top candidates.

Why would derek Gray our top recruit from last season and Spencer Ford leave? You sound like you know what you are talking about but I can't see either one leaving. Derek Gray has very good talent but has yet to show it. Spencer Ford was a jr college transfer so i really couldn't see him leaving.

Also there are 16 on that list but Dwayne Mitchell and Chris Cameron are not locks to come back next year.

In my opinionWe need a ball general. Turn-overs to me was the biggest handicapp we had this season. Second, we need a dominating.physical presence in the middle. If we can find a good PG, with good understanding of the game(A coach on the court).and a "banger" in the middle.we may find more success on the court than the last two previous years.

T. Wade will be the center of our starting five! If D. Mitchell and C. Cameron return.I can see V. Hart, L. Grahamm, and R. Mouton being viable options as a starter(leaning toward V. Hart for his defensive presence.) However, another shooter will need to step up to take the focus off of T. Wade! This is why I think our primary need will be a "beast in the middle!"

I seen on another website that we were in the process of recruiting a highly regarded 6' 6" SG, by way of a transfer.however, they didn't list who this person is!

Let's whip the Card's.and we will have our pick of players wanting to wear the vermillion and white.as well as playing on a team that produces CHAMPIONS!

Ford could go to a Division Two school without sitting out while Grey may just want to play more. I agree that both guys may come back. It's just that Coach seems confident he will have both Cameron and Mitchell back and says he will sign three beyond his commitments. If that comes to pass, others beyond Rhodman and Fobbs have to go. I don't know who those are, I am just guessing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information