Thread: RaginDave's 2005 Louisiana Baseball Standings

1. UL Baseball RaginDave's 2005 Louisiana Baseball Standings

Alright 1 week down and here is Ragin' Dave's early season Top 13 in the state.

1. Tulane (3-0) #1 in the country and hard to move them anywhere but #1 when they sweep SEMO. Until they lose, they will stay at the top

2. LSU (2-0) #2 in the country and hard to move them anywhere but #2 when they sweep Nichols. Until they lose, they will stay #2.

3. UL (3-0) the awesome sweeping of previously undefeated La. Tech impresses many. UL has to step un in class in a midweek game as they play Sam Houston State on Wednesday.

4. ULM (2-1) not sure how long they will stay here, but taking 2/3 from UNO is a nice way to start the season.

5. NwSt (0-2) not a great start, but come on they played Wichita State, they will put it together and should be #4 most of the season.

6. La Tech (3-3) sweeping McNeese is great, getting swept by UL is not for them. This is a team on the rise, but I would not suspect anywhere higher then around 7 or 8 at the end of the season.

7. SLU (1-2) Took 1/3 from Washington State. SLU is a tough team can beat almost anyone on any given weekend.

8. UNO (1-2) losing 2/3 from ULM is a dissappointment, but this a team that I would figure is on the decline from recent history.

9. Southern (0-0) has not played a game as of yet, it will be hard to tell until they do, but schedule is pretty easy and they should walk through the SWAC again.

10. McNeese (2-4) Got swept by La Tech, but rebounded nicely by taking 2/3 from Troy State. Nice weekend, maybe they will turn it around.

11. Nichols (0-2) Really bad showing at LSU. Rebuilding and it may take a while.

12. Centanary (1-1) splitting with Loyola (NO) I always pull for these guys, just because.

13. Grambling (N/A) They have played 4 games this season vs Texas College, MVSU, Jackson St, but nowhere can I find a copy of any results and truth be known, does it matter, they will always be on the bottom.

You may disagree with me, but this is how I see it. It will change from week to week.

Geaux UL!!!

The rest of the story

2. Default WEEK 2

1. Tulane (7-0)--Swept 11 ranked Arizona State (3 games) and McNeese (1 game)

2. LSU(7-0)--Swept 3 games from UALR

3. Louisiana (6-0)--beat Southern, St Johns and NwSt.

4. ULM (5-2)--lost to LSU, but swept 3 games from Tennessee Martin

5. La Tech (4-5)--1 out of 3 vs 23rd ranked Arkansas helps them stay here.

6. NwSt (3-4)--wins vs la college, st johns and southern, loses to UL

7. McNeese St (5-5)--3 game sweep of Prarie View and they move from 10 to 7.

8. SLU (3-3)--went 2-1 vs Jacksonville State this weekend.

9. Nicholls State (3-3) swept Grambling

10. UNO (1-5) wow they are bad....swept by Southern Illinois

11. Centanary (2-3)--moves up one spot by going 1-2 vs Northern Iowa

12. Southern (0-3) losses to UL, St Johns and Northwestern

13. Grambling (2-4) hard to find out who they played, but I know they were swept badly by Nicholls.

The rest of the story

Louisiana has some good baseball.

4. Default WEEK 3

Here are my latest standings. I know people are going to disagree with me, because LSU and Tulane both lost games, but the reality is you can not take 1 loss to Houston and 1 loss to Pepperdine and remove the top 2 teams. I think UL closed the gap this weekend, but Tulane and LSU still top the list.

1. Tulane (9-1) This team is showing why they were preseason #1 in the nation, but taking 2 of 3 in California vs Pepperdine. This loss does not knock them from the #1 spot.

2. LSU (9-1) They took 2 of 3 from a usually tough University of Houston team, but even with the loss they are still tough to remove from the #2 spot.

3. Louisiana (10-0) One word IMPRESSIVE. UL defeated Marist, Miami (Oh) and Texas State over the weekend. Miami and Texas State should battle for both of there respective conference championships. While neither of the conferences are as good as the SBC, still an impressive accomplishent.

4. Northwestern State (9-4) Northwestern looks like they are turning things around. They won 4 games this weekend with wins over Kansas State, Northern Iowa and 2 vs Eastern Michigan. This team is going to be tough and will win plenty of games this year. Including a possible conference championship.

5. UL-Monroe (7-4) Tough weekend, but by default this team takes the #5 spot, they won 1 of 3 vs Arkansas State, but have teh 5th best record and are the best of the remaining teams in the state.

6. Nichols State (6-3) Again by default Nichols takes the #6 spot. NSU takes all 3 from Southern this weekend. And by being the only other team in the state above .500 they take the 6 spot.

7. SLU (5-5) Southeastern only took 1 of 3 from Southeast Missouri University, but considering how badly the other teams in the state performed. SLU is #7.

8. McNeese State (6-7) McNeese was going to be lower then this, but they pulled out a victory vs USM to salvage the weekend, after they lost one to Southwest Missouri State and 1 to Mercer.

9. La Tech (5-8) La Tech takes the biggest fall of the week from previously #5 to #9 with losing 2 of 3 to Sam Houston State. This team could move up, since SHSU is a very good team and to a pretty good NwSt team.

10. Centenary (3-5) Wow!!! Centenary in the TOP 10. Only because UNO, Southern and Grambling all SUCK!!! And they did take 1 of 3 from a Big 10 team. Centenary beat Michigan State this weekend.

11. UNO (3-6) Bad and only getting worse. They did take 2 of 3 to an A-10 opponent. UMASS beat UNO at home. This is a season that only seems to be getting worse everytime they play.

12. Southern (0-6) Still winless. Nichols took all 3 from Southern this weekend. When oh When will Southern win a game. They are not the team that they have been.

13. Grambling (2-4) I have no results from there game vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff. But does it matter, both team suck and I doubt if GSU wins all 3 it would get them much higher then 13.

The rest of the story

5. Default WEEK 4

1. Tulane (13-1) swept Marist this weekend with ease, outside of the 1st game.

2. LSU (11-3) rough week, a midweek loss to Centanary and only took 2 of 3 from UAB.

3. Louisiana (14-1) great start to the week and weekend going 4-0 against WSU, USF, UC Davis and Sacramento State, but finished with a disaster vs Hawaii.

4. Northwestern State (13-5) swept Grambling and is putting pressure on the top 3, if they slip up.

5. UL-Monroe (9-5) 2 wins this weekend vs Jacksonville State, keeps them in the top 5.

6. Nichols State (8-5) They took 1 out of 3 from Memphis this weekend, but due to the lack of sucess from the middle of the pack, NSU is the #6 team.

7. SLU (6-8) The middle of the pack is week, SLU lost 2 of 3 from Middle Tennessee and still is #7.

8. McNeese (6-10) see above.

9. Centenary (6-7) nice wins vs LSU, UALR and Indiana, lost to Indiana and UALR as well. Overall, I might consider moving the Gents up to the #7 spot with a decent week next week.

10. UNO (6-7) rough schedule and losses to Minnesota, Pepperdine and USC.

11. La Tech (5-12) 3 losses to nationally ranked Oklahoma State

12. Grambling (6-8) they lost all three to NwSt.

13. Southern (1-6) struggling to get info.

The rest of the story

6. Default

1. Tulane (15-3) There stronghold on #1 is weakening, but beating LSU and taking 1 game from perenial powerhouse CS Fullerton keeps them solidly atop the poll. They did lose 2 to CS-Fullerton, but that is nothing to be ashamed of.

2. LSU (14-4) It looked like UL would overtake LSU if they struggled this weekend, but STATE ended up the weekend, taking two from Arizona State and also struggling but defeating Western Illinois.

3. LOUISIANA (17-2) After losing there first 2 games all year to Hawaii and McNeese State, UL righted the ship and won the Minnesota tournament with wins over Harvard, Minnesota and St. Johns.

4. Northwestern (15-7) They definitely do not shy away from playing the big boys, NwSt defeated nationally ranked Baylor but only took 1 of 3 from Oklahoma, but still solidly at number 4.

5. ULM (12-5) not much of a rough week for them, they crushed Mississippi Valley State and then backed ti up with 2 wins over Centanary.

6. Nicholls State (10-7) By virtue of being the only other above .500 team, NSU takes the #6 spot, even though they lost 2 of 3 to Louisiana Tech. Also they beat UNO earlier in the week.

7. McNeese (9-11) I think this team is going to be okay, they upset #3 ranked (in this poll) and #19 nationally UL in extra innings and I think they are going to end up above .500 for the season and they will be in the top half of the SLC, they also took 2 of 3 from UNO this week.

8. SLU (8-10) SLU crushed Samford in the first two games this weekend but ended on a sour note losing to Samford on Sunday. They have UL next and should be a much tougher game then there showings vs Samford and the likes.

9. La Tech (7-14) Can't get a good reading on this team, they play some teams well and then lose badly against teams that they should not lose to. But one thing is for sure, they do not back away from anyone. This weekend they took 2 of 3 from Nicholls.

10. Centanary (6-9) Quiet week for the Gents, losing 2 to ULM

11. UNO (4-13) BAD BAD BAD and only getting worse, this week they lost 2 of 3 from McNeese an losing as well to Nicholls.o

12 SOUTHERN (2-8) AND GRAMBLING (6-8) First off neither is any good, secondly I reserved the 13th spot for there SID's. The records I have are a week old and it is nearly impossible to get updated information on either of these schools results. To the extent that Southern still has the 2004 schedule on there website and Grambling has information that is as much as 3 years old.

13. SOUTHERN AND GRAMBLING SID'S (THEY JUST SUCK)

The rest of the story

Thread Information