Originally posted by RaginDave *
Alright 1 week down and here is Ragin' Dave's early season Top 13 in the state.

1. Tulane (3-0) #1 in the country and hard to move them anywhere but #1 when they sweep SEMO. Until they lose, they will stay at the top

2. LSU (2-0) #2 in the country and hard to move them anywhere but #2 when they sweep Nichols. Until they lose, they will stay #2.

3. UL (3-0) the awesome sweeping of previously undefeated La. Tech impresses many. UL has to step un in class in a midweek game as they play Sam Houston State on Wednesday.

4. ULM (2-1) not sure how long they will stay here, but taking 2/3 from UNO is a nice way to start the season.

5. NwSt (0-2) not a great start, but come on they played Wichita State, they will put it together and should be #4 most of the season.

6. La Tech (3-3) sweeping McNeese is great, getting swept by UL is not for them. This is a team on the rise, but I would not suspect anywhere higher then around 7 or 8 at the end of the season.

7. SLU (1-2) Took 1/3 from Washington State. SLU is a tough team can beat almost anyone on any given weekend.

8. UNO (1-2) losing 2/3 from ULM is a dissappointment, but this a team that I would figure is on the decline from recent history.

9. Southern (0-0) has not played a game as of yet, it will be hard to tell until they do, but schedule is pretty easy and they should walk through the SWAC again.

10. McNeese (2-4) Got swept by La Tech, but rebounded nicely by taking 2/3 from Troy State. Nice weekend, maybe they will turn it around.

11. Nichols (0-2) Really bad showing at LSU. Rebuilding and it may take a while.

12. Centanary (1-1) splitting with Loyola (NO) I always pull for these guys, just because.

13. Grambling (N/A) They have played 4 games this season vs Texas College, MVSU, Jackson St, but nowhere can I find a copy of any results and truth be known, does it matter, they will always be on the bottom.

You may disagree with me, but this is how I see it. It will change from week to week.

Geaux UL!!!