Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Site: ragincajunball.com

1. Default New Site: ragincajunball.com

Good Afternoon Ragin Cajuns fans. I'm writing to let you know about a new University of Louisiana basketball website we launched recently: http://ragincajunball.com. It's powered by StatSheet.com and I'm the editor.

We offer up article game recaps, previews, game notes, recap notes, Conference Player of the Week, NCAA Player of the Week, etc. We have more article types under development now (including our own tournament seeding predictions) and would love to hear from you about how our site could be better.

Here is an example of one of our Recap Notes: http://ragincajunball.com/louisiana-...-recap-notes-2

We also have mobile apps for Android and Apple, as well as Twitter and Facebook pages.

Anyway, we are very interested in your feedback. We've got a lot of new features coming in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

-Colin
    editor@ragincajunball.com or you can PM me here

Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

It'll be more popular around here if you drop the Lafayette and just go by Louisiana or UL. I'll check it out though. Thanks.

Just took a quick glance. What does that site have that ragincajuns.com doesnt have? Other than -Lafayette after Louisiana over and over.

4. Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

Not a bad idea, like like the history (on this day) part, and not a cheap endevour I might add.

When I looked into using the services of Stat Sheet a couple years back, it was $400 a month, on my server.

You will get more traffic if you use UL and Louisiana.

I can put a link on the links page, if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajunball View Post
    We also have mobile apps for Android and Apple, as well as Twitter and Facebook pages.
    Very easy on the eyes. Are there any plans to release an app for the Windows Phone 7?

come on people can we get over the whole name thing! This is becoming childish, we compete and do well in sports and it doen's matter if we are called the little sisters of the poor. It is what it is that is our name and lets be proud of it!

7. Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ It'll be more popular around here if you drop the Lafayette and just go by Louisiana or UL. I'll check it out though. Thanks. _
    Thanks for the feedback! I've taken note of the name change and we'll try to fix that soon.

8. Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    _ Just took a quick glance. What does that site have that ragincajuns.com doesnt have? Other than -Lafayette after Louisiana over and over. _
    In addition to game preview/recap articles and boxscores, we also have historical stats for past teams, statistical comparison tools, and our very own projections for each of the postseason tournaments. We wanted to get feedback from the fans, though, so if there is information you would like to see added to our site, let me know and we'll consider adding it in the future.

9. Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Not a bad idea, like like the history (on this day) part, and not a cheap endevour I might add.

When I looked into using the services of Stat Sheet a couple years back, it was $400 a month, on my server.

You will get more traffic if you use UL and Louisiana.

I can put a link on the links page, if you like? _
    Sure, Thanks! We're also interested in finding a blogger (or admin) to do a guest post/interview for our site, if anybody is interested. The questions would allow plenty of opportunities to plug your own site as well.

10. Default Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    _ Very easy on the eyes. Are there any plans to release an app for the Windows Phone 7? _
    We're currently evaluating demand for both Blackberry and Windows apps, and I'll be sure to pass your request on to our developers. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    come on people can we get over the whole name thing! This is becoming childish, we compete and do well in sports and it doen's matter if we are called the little sisters of the poor. It is what it is that is our name and lets be proud of it!
    I understand what you are saying, but there is nothing wrong with striving for winning, and an identity. I respect your opinion, but I can list the SEVERAL university's that refer to themselves, by name and logo, to a shorter version of the "official" name if you'd like me to. It would shock most people in the nation, also alum, to realize what their actual "legal" name is. Jmo

igeaux.mobi

Kinda like USC demanding that the media does NOT refer to them as "Southern Cal". Yes, it still happens, but they have every right to gripe about it when it does, because they specifically asked to be called USC, SC, or Southern California. Just like we ask to be called "Louisiana", or the University of Louisiana.

Granted, "Southen Cal" is not their official name, but you can ask to be referred to as whatever you want.

Does anyone ever hear Virginia Tech referred to as Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University? Or VPISU??? And I'm sure youre familiar with our neighbors to the east's "official" name.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: New Site: ragincajunball.com

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    _ come on people can we get over the whole name thing! This is becoming childish, we compete and do well in sports and it doen's matter if we are called the little sisters of the poor. It is what it is that is our name and lets be proud of it! _
    easy does it, big fella.

Difference is those programs ya'll mentioned make a whole lot more money in their athletic program, thus having more media power. Lets just worry about getting respectable in athletics and then worry about a name identity.

One leads to the other and vice versa. Name identity is important

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information