Thread: Mardi Gras Tourneys.

Default Mardi Gras Tourneys.

I know its been a while.but why did we stop doing the mardi gras tourney? I remember going watch UL play Nebraska, hitting a parade, then going back to watch more baseball.

What was the reason we stopped doing that tourney?

Default Re: Mardi Gras Tourneys.

Part of the reason may have been the conflict with the parking lot. The Lafayette Mardi Gras association leases the entire Cajun Field parking lot for their yearly celebration. I know parking has been an issue with this in the past as parking fees are charged for the Mardi Gras. I think Tony mentioned they typically just try to schedule a road weekend for Mardi Gras.

UL Baseball Re: Mardi Gras Tourneys.

I think it can be made to happen! I like the idea too. Bring in a team every year that is from a part of the country that does not celebrate Mardi Gras and will bring as many fans as possiblethis will lead to ultimate success in a "Mardi Gras" baseball/softball tournament weekend.

Default Re: Mardi Gras Tourneys.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ I know its been a while.but why did we stop doing the mardi gras tourney? I remember going watch UL play Nebraska, hitting a parade, then going back to watch more baseball.

What was the reason we stopped doing that tourney? _
    The Nebraska series was a 4 game series that just so happened to be over Mardi Gras weekend.

Thread Information