Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Red Bug do you ride your 4-Wheeler around it?

Happy New Year,
    DaddyCajun

ps Could not resist!!!!

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    WOW.............I make a point to go by and take a look every week.. It is very impressive. Thanks for the pics!
    I also had a chance to drive by on the 24th (was in town for christmas). It is indeed impressive. Much larger looking in person than the pictures would seem to indicate. For you local folks - keep posting updates. This is an exciting time for Ragin Cajun athletics!

Shof

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Red Bug do you ride your 4-Wheeler around it?

Happy New Year,
    DaddyCajun

ps Could not resist!!!!

I always appreciate your comments.....We'll probably have a chance to do a few workdays at the indoor facility this year...........Then, I can use my 4-wheeler!!!!

UL Football Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    I always appreciate your comments.....We'll probably have a chance to do a few workdays at the indoor facility this year...........Then, I can use my 4-wheeler!!!!
    Nothing but Love, nothing but love!

DaddyCajun

This is so COOL Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    I also had a chance to drive by on the 24th (was in town for christmas). It is indeed impressive. Much larger looking in person than the pictures would seem to indicate. For you local folks - keep posting updates. This is an exciting time for Ragin Cajun athletics!

Shof

The size is probably beyond the minds eye. A person really needs to see it up close and personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    The size is probably beyond the minds eye. A person really needs to see it up close and personal.

They finished hanging red steel on the main building today.

7. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    I could not beleive the size as I drove past for the first time today---Maybe we should have gone across the street---Seems like it took a bunch of practice space!! I think I could do a lil recruiting with this thing!!!

Default Re: ROOF Color of Indoor Practice Facility

BTW, haven't "seen" any updates on the practice facility since the end of December. Anyone still taking pictures? Any roof or wall sheet metal going up yet, or still only beams? Thanks,

Default Re: ROOF Color of Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    BTW, haven't "seen" any updates on the practice facility since the end of December. Anyone still taking pictures? Any roof or wall sheet metal going up yet, or still only beams? Thanks,

No roof no skin, but it looks like all the beams are up.

I've noticed that for the last 2 weeks or so, it's been pretty quiet around the practice facility. Not really a whole lot of progress. I'm wondering if it is just all to do with the weather lately or if they are ahead of schedule and are waiting on the metal for the outside.

Also astroplay turfs are usually laid down on top of concrete. Are they going to poor the slab soon? This could be the other item they are waiting on. It would make sense to me that you would poor the concrete first then put a skin on the building. If anyone has any inside info on this please share.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I've noticed that for the last 2 weeks or so, it's been pretty quiet around the practice facility. Not really a whole lot of progress. I'm wondering if it is just all to do with the weather lately or if they are ahead of schedule and are waiting on the metal for the outside.

Also astroplay turfs are usually laid down on top of concrete. Are they going to poor the slab soon? This could be the other item they are waiting on. It would make sense to me that you would poor the concrete first then put a skin on the building. If anyone has any inside info on this please share.
    The weather for the past two weeks has been terrible. I'm sure that OSHA would have something to say about working on steel during such conditions. The problem is walking to the site, getting your boots muddy then going up to work on steel. If you have been near the facility you will see the situation.

The slab can be placed anytime. Many commercial buildings place the foundation first. Then get the building out of the weather so that all of the trades can do their underground work. The slab is then completed.

12. Louisiana Campus Indoor practice facility progressing

Construction continues on UL's indoor practice facility located in the middle of the athletic complex, one that will provide shelter from inclement weather for all of the Cajuns' outdoor teams.

The facility will have a 120-yard turf field for football use, but will also have equipment to allow baseball and softball to take advantage of the controlled conditions.

"It's going to have drop-down cages and indoor portable mounds," said UL baseball coach Tony Robichaux. "We'll be able to take ground balls and fly balls, we can do base running and hitting drills, and off the portable mounds we'll be able to throw live to hitters. The weather will never stop us once it's finished."

The building's superstructure is basically completed, and the "skin" will start going up in the near future.

Indoor facilities are much more prevalent in northern climates, and coaches at schools located out of the south say they're a godsend.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

Its not just the fact about getting your boots wet then working on steel. Drills will give you a good shock if you try using them when wet. Thats the reason most crews do not work in this type of weather. My dads company is moving very slowly right now because of the weather. They have plenty of work but cant do it right now.

14. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

I wanted to check out the Lady Cajuns facilities this morning and while there noticed they have begun to powder coat the beams on the indoor practice facility.

I know this was supposed to be ready for Spring drills, but obviously it's not going to be. What is the deal? They started coating the beams and now it's been a few weeks since I've really seen them working again. Shouldn't they be taking advantage of the weather?

Remember when they said this thing was ahead of schedule, what happened?

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information