Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    With progress sometimes comes discomfort, aggrevation, pain, etc. It will all work out for the best and that is better facilities and more money for the UL Athletic Program. The Admin is in the process of creating MORE RV parking spots and wants to do so with the input of those who currently bring their RV's and those on a waiting list!!!

Thing Positive, Be Positive and Get involved in a Positive Way!!
    DaddyCajun!!

Renew your Season Tickets and if you don't have any GET SOME!!!!

UL CAN'T GROW AS A PROGRAM WITHOUT YOU $UPPORT!!! WE CAN DREAM ALL WE WAN'T ABOUT ADDING THIS AND THAT, but it will NOT happen with out SWEAT EQUITY AND COLD HARD CA$H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If they move those RV's to where I am currently tailgating, I'm done.

I was talking to a football player about the facility, and he said that instaed of a metal building it was going to be one of those air dome setups. They are used by alot of NFL teams and look like a giant fun jump balloon. Is there any truth to that?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    If they move those RV's to where I am currently tailgating, I'm done.
    2nd time you've let your dissatisfaction be known

Sorry.

See Ya.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    2nd time you've let your dissatisfaction be known

Sorry.

See Ya.

Z.

Didn't know I was on a pitch count.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Didn't know I was on a pitch count.
    LOL!!!

no pitch count.

are you really going to stop attending Cajun athletics because you might lose your tailgate spot?

Z. :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    LOL!!!

no pitch count.

are you really going to stop attending Cajun athletics because you might lose your tailgate spot?

Z. :confused:
    Pardon my french, but for how long have the football fans at this university been ______ed on. When is enough enough. When are we going to reward those people who decided to stick with the Cajuns when everybody else skipped town(including Martin Hall). By taking our tailgating spots away?

Absolute BS

Pardon my french, but for how long have the football fans at this university been ______ed on. When is enough enough. When are we going to reward those people who decided to stick with the Cajuns when everybody else skipped town(including Martin Hall). By taking our tailgating spots away?

Absolute BS
    OK

have a nice week

Z.

8. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

I think 13 spaces for the m homes will be gone---don't think that compares to a 100k plus park that will be placed there ---A real great move and thanks to Lourdes ---Hey how about a Place where miracles happen!!!!!!

Absolute BS
    I agree with you 100% but I to will probably lose my tailgating spot. A spot that I have to get to at around 7:00 or 7:30 in the morning. I enjoy my spot under the trees BUT I will move on if I have to. I will biIch and complain but when the smoke clears, I will be tailgating this year also.

Lourdes park will be a picnic area with covered areas with park benches, play ground equipment, etc. ALL covered with a large net to keep foul balls from hitting anyone. This area will be monitored at all times by an assigned person to watch the children!

Thanks,
    DaddyCajun!!

No truth to the fun jump type building!!!!!!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Will not have a track. Putting a track would require bleachers, a larger building(wider and longer)--would eat into another practice field(football), ex amount of people to be in building that size would then require a sprinkler system, cooling system, etc. Track wont happen IN THIS BUILDING !

There will be a 100 yard football field with Ten yard endzones each of which will have hitting and pitching areas within them. This would allow all THREE sports to work together at the same time.

Basketball Gerald did not mention, I will have to get back with him on that one!

DaddyCajun
    What THREE sports? I see football and baseball.

Part of your information is incorrect. The proposed indoor facility is large enough to accommodate a full size competition grade indoor track facility without increasing its size. The additional cost of a sprinkler system is the holdup [not putting them is a false economy in my opinion].

It was suggested that an indoor track be installed in Blackham. THAT is the building which is too narrow and too short for a track to fit.

"What THREE sports? I see football and baseball."

er, Softball?

Don't forget soccer.

1)Football, 2)baseball, 3)softball, 4)soccer, and any others that need a indoor large area to do training. The Marching Band could probably squeeze in a few dates. I personally have NOT looked at any of the plans, but if Gerald Hebert tells me that it is NOT going to be wide enough to put in a Competitive Indoor Track then that is what I am going on with my post!! There may be a 40yard track for sprint times in the 40 I don't know for sure.

Part of the reason for NOT building it any larger at the location that has been choosen, is that any larger would cut into the other Football practice fields!!!

DaddyCajun post to inform not to spread false hope or rumors!!

DaddyCajun,
    Louisiana Proud!
    "Don't Mess With My Cajuns!!"

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information