Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

I am assuming that the basketball portion will be cut out now that the Icegators are on the way out. Last time we talked to Gerald (Redbug & I, probably over 6 months ago), Gerald said that there were 2 plans being drawn up. The basketball section was contengent on weither or not the Icegators would be around next season.

2. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

We need this track sooooo bad for football------What athletes compete in the winter--the big strong guys and the fast guys --what a great deal to get them to our campus. Please let this happen!!!!

3. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Will not have a track. Putting a track would require bleachers
    Sorry but I don't follow the logic. Why would a track require bleachers?

I thought the purpose of a track strip was to get their 40 times down so the players could get drafted to where they could make millions and donate some money back to the University.

Can't wait to see it start to go up.

Correction on the number of 18 wheelers needed to pick up the TURF, correct number is 9(nine). Plant opps had given Gerald the wrong #!!

June Date to come as a pick up date. Also in June will be the paving of the roads and parking areas(those already paved) not the limestone area!

This am at 8am to around 3pm the pavillion on the first base side of the Tigue will be errected. Some Volunteer help is needed!! Show up if your able.

Lourdes Park will Break ground after the last home game this 2005 season!!

The Indoor practice facility is to break ground after the last home game in NOVEMBER 2005!

DaddyCajun!!

That's certainly good news, although I was told the same thing in 2002 & 2003 (bs stopped in 2004). Maybe the turf is a better indicator than words.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Correction on the number of 18 wheelers needed to pick up the TURF, correct number is 9(nine). Plant opps had given Gerald the wrong #!!

June Date to come as a pick up date. Also in June will be the paving of the roads and parking areas(those already paved) not the limestone area!

This am at 8am to around 3pm the pavillion on the first base side of the Tigue will be errected. Some Volunteer help is needed!! Show up if your able.

Lourdes Park will Break ground after the last home game this 2005 season!!

The Indoor practice facility is to break ground after the last home game in NOVEMBER 2005!

DaddyCajun!!

Are they going to screw with tailgating for football? Might not renew if they do.

Daddy Cajun this might be a stupid question but what is Lourdes Park going to be?

Lourdes Park is supposed to be right behind the 1st base bleachers.

Where is this structure gonna be placed or built?

From what I understand, the Lourdes Park is going to be right behind the 1st base bleachers extending into the parking area. The same parking area where the motorhomes park for football games.

Oh.I see.Can't wait! I'm very proud to be graduate of the Incredible University of Louisiana!

13. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Can't understand the post but the park as my conversation with Gerald would eliminate 13 RVs-----The way he discribed it was great. 100k that Lourdes put up will be a nice addition.

Turbine, the track that will NOT be put in the indoor practice facility is an 8 lane competition track. Who knows they MAY put a forty yard straight track for times.
    A full blown track and stands would require a lot of additional equipment, like sprinkler systems, A/C, etc(expensive).

What I see happening later given success to a level of More TV money games, Bowl game revenue sharing and Big Dance rev, from being in a bigger conference or teams like S. Miss, Memphis, Houston, and Tulane coming to the Belt, we then would have the rev$$ to build on the land accross from Bougeious Hall to build an INDOOR COMP. TRACK FACILITY!!

DaddyCajun!!

With progress sometimes comes discomfort, aggrevation, pain, etc. It will all work out for the best and that is better facilities and more money for the UL Athletic Program. The Admin is in the process of creating MORE RV parking spots and wants to do so with the input of those who currently bring their RV's and those on a waiting list!!!

Thing Positive, Be Positive and Get involved in a Positive Way!!
    DaddyCajun!!

Renew your Season Tickets and if you don't have any GET SOME!!!!

UL CAN'T GROW AS A PROGRAM WITHOUT YOU $UPPORT!!! WE CAN DREAM ALL WE WAN'T ABOUT ADDING THIS AND THAT, but it will NOT happen with out SWEAT EQUITY AND COLD HARD CA$H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information