Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Facilities that were promised? Try a new outdoor track being built as we speak that was both promised and FULLY FUNDED in 1997. Then delayed. Then altered to accomodate another sport.

Besides, when I say 'Track' it is really SIX different programs being helped by a single facility. Cross Country, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, all for men and women. 'Tennis' is two programs.

I'm not trying to get facilities for ANY program at the expense of others; I want all of them to have [at least] everything they need.

Originally posted by oldman
    i understand and can appreciate what it is you are doing, but i questionwhy would you want seating for tennis and track(adding the two)? my point is coach Rob has been stuck in that little office underneath the stadium with two secretaries when he was promised long ago he would get new locker room and office space for himself and his coachesnever happened, so here you have a venue (very successful)thats being overlooked, for me i don't care about an indoor track and tennis, as it is we may not get the practice facility itself with the way things are going, so please help me understand all of this and why is baseball being overlooked, i'm sorry.
    Baseball will benefit from the facility, so I don't think they will make a stink about offices in lieu of this facility or anything. I saw some news video here in Austin of UT Softball getting some work done in the indoor facility. You know, some of these indoor facilities designs are not big enough for indoor track. It's not likely to have a 100+ yard field and less likely to have a 400 meter track. Enclosing a 400 meter track is a pretty expensive proposition.

Indoor track is on a 200 meter track.

What about track on the bottom seating up top?

Hey, hey, hey guys we are all on the same team here.

Little story! I was once the President of UL Baseballs Executive Committee, the new scoreboard was picked out and ALL the signage on the scoreboard was Pre-sold for with 5 year contracts! The Scoreboard was to be paid off with the proceeds from the Ad contracts on the Scoreboard. This was delayed for a full YEAR. Mike Mitchell spoke with Nelson and Dr. A and not only did the project come to pass in a hurry but Dr A stepped up wrote a check to pay out the ScoreBoard so that the Ad money could start going to the program right away!!

My point is fellows WE need to get involved in this facility as concerned UL Fans/Alumni and see to it that oversights(or shortsightedness) do not occur or/are kept to a minimum!!

Tonights game I am in Sec 111 Row N Seats 1-6, maybe at halftime we could all meet on the second level up and to the right of where the Alumni band performs. There near the blue chaired area is located!!

DaddyCajun
    Get into the Game!

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Gang,

I am not going to start naming names here but, after meeting with UL's paid fundraiser on several occasions, I heard, "Football is the doormat to the University." about a thousand times.

I agree the facility would serve a greater purpose if all venues could use it. I know track just got a great new field, but come on.it was as bad as a small town high school.

They are trying to make the entire complex look better because it makes a difference with signees as well as visitors. New signage has been/ is being sold that will generate income for UL athletics.

They are supposed to re black top Reinhardt, which is in terrible condition for a price of something like $200 grand! Geez! 200 G with the ashphalt donated? Seems as though anything to do with the university costs 10 times more than anyone else doing it.

I believe the university's mind set is to build up football., "The doormat to the University." and then focus on other sports.

I am not saying it's right at all. I don't support it because it's not fair, but I believe it to be true.
    The big money guys may think otherwise, but I truly believe that's the focus.

It's ridiculous to build the thing in this half-~~~~~ manner, when doing the right thing would generate much more revenue.

I think it's a mistake the University won't realize for awhile and if we can come up with an idea that could change the plan- great!

I do not think approaching this in a threatening way is the answer. Probably researching the numbers of cost vs. future revenue is the way to go.

Any takers on that proposal? Daddy Cajun?

I do not think the petition is being used in a threatening way nor should it be. I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY NEGATIVE VENUE TO BRING DOWN AN EFFORT OF THE UNIVERSITY OFFICIALS! HOWEVER I DO SUPPORT MEANS BY WHICH WE AS ALUMNI/FANS TRY OUR BEST IN A PRODUCTIVE MANNER TO SEE TO IT THAT MONIES ESPECIALLY IN BIG DOLLAR VENUES SUCH AS THE WEIGHT ROOM, ADDITIONAL OFFICE SPACE, AND THE PRACTICE FACILITY ARE SPENT AS WISELY AS POSSIBLE AS IF THEY WERE OUR OWN HOUSEHOLD MONIES!!!!!

Daddy Cajun

ps I spoke with Nelson after the game. Gave him a quick run down on some numbers for the Complex enhancements, ie., weightroom, office space, and practice facility! Told him coaches had mentioned this to myself and others this past Summer. He nodded in agreement with the numbers said that seemed close! Then gave him the $1,000,000+ speach, that using the existing weightroom as office space, and adding a section to the length of the practice facility, would not only save this enormous amount of money, but also eaisly double possibly triple the weightroom size for next to nothing. Also, you would not have weather downtime with the office renovations!! He had a "WOW" look in ammazement, and nodded in aggreement!!! He then shook my hand and said, "I will get with Phil Crist about this!!"

I KNOW THIS TO BE ONLY THE SOWING OF THE SEED, BUT NOW WE ALUMNI/FANS MUST FERTILIZE IT, WATER IT, BRING ON THE SUN(HEAT) AND NURTURE IT TILL IT COMES TO PASS

Daddy Cajun,

I was not saying the petition was threatening at all. I think the petition is great and emailed the link to several folks already.

I had noticed people saying they wanted to help and was just giving my opinion that it should be done by the numbers and not in any manner that the university could take offense to.

I thought you were the numbers guy and that's why I posed the question to you.

Sorry if you misunderstood my stance.

Clotille,

Nelson has the numbers; both potential revenue and potential savings.

The facility has been planned both ways almost from the beginning; the reason for the petition is to show support for the plan that makes more sense.

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. I was lumping Daddy Cajun's thought about the office/locker room change, therefore saving tons of cash all into one.

I was aware the initial stages had different plans.

UL Football Turf coming

I have just been informed that the University of Louisiana has bought the one year old SuperDome TURF. The practice facility WILL happen.

Default Re: Turf coming

Does the turf have "Saints" written in the end zones?? God help us if it does!

Default Re: Turf coming

I second that redbug! Lol

14. Default Re: Turf coming

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    I have just been informed that the University of Louisiana has bought the one year old SuperDome TURF. The practice facility WILL happen.
    How reliable is this info, if I may so inquire?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Turf coming

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    How reliable is this info, if I may so inquire?
    It was posted on the Delphi board that it was announced during the Donor's Reception that was held earlier this week. They also said that they were going to try to start the project in November. Hopefully, there won't be any more holdups!!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information