Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Doors first, then walls

2. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

A brick wainscot of sorts is almost completely up around the basketball portion of the indoor pratice facility.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    A brick wainscot of sorts is almost completely up around the basketball portion of the indoor pratice facility.
    As a part of the difference makers I was with Gerald Hebert at the Tennis complex yesterday explaining my measurements of the Grandstand roof, grandstand skirting, and the pavillion roof, as they will soon be reroofed the same RED as the baseball gameday sponsor board roof, the ticket office booth, softball dugouts, baseball Lourdes park pavillions!!

As we were talking we both noticed that the lighting was being hung in the indoor facility. It was pretty exciting. The brick wall was almost finished and there is some nice brick work to it also.

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility: Is it a "Hot Spot"?

Indoor practice facility looking good, as is baseball and track stadium.

But no A/C for indoor football practice in August and September? Can you say oven .

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Indoor Practice Facility: Is it a "Hot Spot"?

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan

But no A/C for indoor football practice in August and September? Can you say oven .
    Hot/warm air rises, and with many exaust fans/vents up high and huge water/ice cooled fans in the sliding door areas it will be plenty cool for FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!! It is meant to keep them out of the direct heat(it will), keep them cooler(it will), and out of the wind and rain(it will)!!!

DaddyCajun

What's the anticipated completion date?

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan

I'm not sure how it is done but it won't be like an oven because it does have a ventilation system. They not going in to avoid the heat they going in to avoid the rain.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    _ I'm not sure how it is done but it won't be like an oven because it does have a ventilation system. They not going in to avoid the heat they going in to avoid the rain. _
    Just curious if there were any updates for those of us who can't see this thing daily/weekly? Here in houston, we've had our share of sucky weather the past few weeks, so just curious if it was the same in Lafayette and if its messed up progress.

I've heard two comments about that thing recently. my old man, who seldom ventures into that area of town, and isn't really a sports fan, was at the Cajundome to get some tickets to take my neph's to the monster trucks. He called me and asked "What the hell are they building by Cajun field." I told him and he replied with "No ____? that things is huge!"

I have a buddy who i am really working hard to get on our side. well he is on our side, but he isn't rabid. his siblings (two older bro's and an older sis) all went to lsu. i got him out to one game last year, the last one, with their large RV, but couldn't get him in, he's got a young kid and a needy wife who were there, but that's not the point. He called me a couple weeks ago and was uncertain what it was. he knew that a IPF was being built, but didn't realize it would be that big. he was VERY impressed. he commented that "I've been driving away from it since we've been on the phone, and i can still see it" that thing is already doing things for us. it hasnt' had a chance to help the teams practice yet, or land any recruits yet, but it is adding a percieved legitimacy to the ath. program.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ Just curious if there were any updates for those of us who can't see this thing daily/weekly? Here in houston, we've had our share of sucky weather the past few weeks, so just curious if it was the same in Lafayette and if its messed up progress.

I've heard two comments about that thing recently. my old man, who seldom ventures into that area of town, and isn't really a sports fan, was at the Cajundome to get some tickets to take my neph's to the monster trucks. He called me and asked "What the hell are they building by Cajun field." I told him and he replied with "No ____? that things is huge!"

I have a buddy who i am really working hard to get on our side. well he is on our side, but he isn't rabid. his siblings (two older bro's and an older sis) all went to lsu. i got him out to one game last year, the last one, with their large RV, but couldn't get him in, he's got a young kid and a needy wife who were there, but that's not the point. He called me a couple weeks ago and was uncertain what it was. he knew that a IPF was being built, but didn't realize it would be that big. he was VERY impressed. he commented that "I've been driving away from it since we've been on the phone, and i can still see it" that thing is already doing things for us. it hasnt' had a chance to help the teams practice yet, or land any recruits yet, but it is adding a percieved legitimacy to the ath. program. _
    My brothers (15 & 7) passed by the other day when they were riding with my mom and they told me they had seen it. "that thing is HUGE" one told me. so to respond to what you were saying, yes it is being recognized quite easily, you can see it well down congress, bertrand & south college. if anyone has any new pictures they should post them. i ride by all the time to see what new things they are working on and its exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    _ Just curious if there were any updates for those of us who can't see this thing daily/weekly? Here in houston, we've had our share of sucky weather the past few weeks, so just curious if it was the same in Lafayette and if its messed up progress.

I have a buddy who i am really working hard to get on our side. well he is on our side, but he isn't rabid. his siblings (two older bro's and an older sis) all went to lsu. i got him out to one game last year, the last one, with their large RV, but couldn't get him in, he's got a young kid and a needy wife who were there, but that's not the point. He called me a couple weeks ago and was uncertain what it was. he knew that a IPF was being built, but didn't realize it would be that big. he was VERY impressed. he commented that "I've been driving away from it since we've been on the phone, and i can still see it" that thing is already doing things for us. it hasnt' had a chance to help the teams practice yet, or land any recruits yet, but it is adding a percieved legitimacy to the ath. program. _

All of the red steel has been painted, it looks like all of the electrical work has been roughed in with a good portion of the lighting and exhaust fans finished, brick work is progressing well and the wall adjacent to the softball field is about 80% skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Hot/warm air rises, and with many exaust fans/vents up high and huge water/ice cooled fans in the sliding door areas it will be plenty cool for FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!! It is meant to keep them out of the direct heat(it will), keep them cooler(it will), and out of the wind and rain(it will)!!!

DaddyCajun
    It is probably a good thing it isn't air conditioned. They will be playing in the hot Louisiana sun. Kind of like when a dome team in the NFL goes to an open stadium up north and it is snowing. Usually the dome team will lose.

12. Louisiana Campus Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Here are a half dozen pictures of the UL Indoor Practice facility I took less than a week ago. Follow the link

Great pics. It's been a while since I've had a chance to pass by. I will definately pass on that side on my way to the game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    _ Here are a half dozen pictures of the UL Indoor Practice facility I took less than a week ago. Follow the link
    _
    Hey Turbine, could you possibly take and post some new photos on here?

I passed by today and they were painting the Ragin Cajun logos on the building. IT LOOKS GOOD

UL Football Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    _ Hey Turbine, could you possibly take and post some new photos on here?

I passed by today and they were painting the Ragin Cajun logos on the building. IT LOOKS GOOD _
    Damm, are you serious! I just went down West Congress and did not pass by as I did not know there was something new going on that I would be able to see.

DaddyCajun

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information