Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread: Indoor Practice Facility

UL Football Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I couldn't get to the top of the stadium. This picture is from the top of the 1st base bleachers at Alfred Lamson Lady Cajun Softball Park.

Off in the distance the new practice field has been seeded.

Turbine,

What is the current status of the indoor facility?

2. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96
    Turbine,

What is the current status of the indoor facility?
    I'm no expert but it seems to be going VERY SLow. I pass about twice a week and rarely see anyone working at all. Turbine's pictures from last month is still what it looks like today.

3. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun
    I'm no expert but it seems to be going VERY SLow. I pass about twice a week and rarely see anyone working at all. Turbine's pictures from last month is still what it looks like today.
    and if you say you past today 6-8-06, and see no difference.then i feel bad for you because that means you need to get checked (laugh)--it's going very well out there and i see alot of people workingthey have poured the cement for the beams from what i can tell and it looks to me they are putting in the drainage and or underground wiring or something but the foundation it seems is always what takes a good while. key work here is PATIENCE, next time around stop by the softball field park and walk to the fence and look around you can see more, but then again i don't know what day it was you past by there and the baseball park is seems is going good also.
    turbine, you need to get some up to date pictures!

4. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Pictures of the indoor ground area, iron works, new pactice field, and trenches around old practice field.

Attached Images Attached Images        

5. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    and if you say you past today 6-8-06, and see no difference.then i feel bad for you because that means you need to get checked (laugh)--it's going very well out there and i see alot of people workingthey have poured the cement for the beams from what i can tell and it looks to me they are putting in the drainage and or underground wiring or something but the foundation it seems is always what takes a good while. key work here is PATIENCE, next time around stop by the softball field park and walk to the fence and look around you can see more, but then again i don't know what day it was you past by there and the baseball park is seems is going good also.
    turbine, you need to get some up to date pictures!
    I understand the foundation work is the most strenuous time of construction but its been over 60 days. And no Oldman when I pass their has never been more than 2 people working. What was the completion date on the bid? If its 6 months then the current speed would make sense.

6. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

I understand the foundation work is the most strenuous time of construction but its been over 60 days. And no Oldman when I pass their has never been more than 2 people working. What was the completion date on the bid? If its 6 months then the current speed would make sense.

i think it's january/feb maybe

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Seriously, i understand the need for the practice facility as well as other buildings for learning, but this is getting rediculous. Now it (practice facility) will not be ready till next year!? What gives? They will have built the LIGHT building and the new Computer Science building before they are able to put up a steel frame pre-fab building. This is typical of the way our school has been run for years. They put all the attention on academics(and yes, I understand they are important. I am an education major) and they consistantly put athletics on the back burner. How many times do we have to watch everyone else make strides to improve athletics and therefore gain notarity for their school while we say "We are here for academics"? I love my school and I love what the coaches do on a limited budget, but we need more from our administration. This is the type of ____ that gets national sports writers saying that we should go to Div II.

8. Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    i think it's january/feb maybe
    WOW!!!!!!!! 9 OR 10 MONTHS FOR COMPLETION?????

UL Football Re: Indoor Practice Facility

WOW!!!!!!!! 9 OR 10 MONTHS FOR COMPLETION?????
    I understood the contractor that got the bid is from Bunkey, and a former player. He does very good work but is not the fastest contractor in the world. 6-9 months is what I recall hearing for a completion date.

Once it is finished we

DaddyCajun

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    I understood the contractor that got the bid is from Bunkey, and a former player. He does very good work but is not the fastest contractor in the world. 6-9 months is what I recall hearing for a completion date.

Once it is finished we

DaddyCajun
    Is that the same contractor Bob Odum hired to do the sugar cane mill in Bunkie. Maybe we need Moon Griffont to prod his sorry butt a little.

Default Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun

Once it is finished we

DaddyCajun
    ____ like this is why this program and school doesn't appeal to the masses in this town. Must be the same contractor as the Hilton Garden Inn. SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAADDDDDDDDYYYYYYY

12. Default Jun 15, 2006 Cajun Basin

The grass is growing some trenches are filled in and players are practicing of their own accord on the old practice field.

In the 1st picture the porton of dirt that looks dark or wet is actually the iron works found in the 2nd picture

Attached Images Attached Images    

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Muchos Gracias, Amigo.

Default Re: Jun 15, 2006 Cajun Basin

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    The grass is growing some trenches are filled in and players are practicing of their own accord on the old practice field.

In the 1st picture the porton of dirt that looks dark or wet is actually the iron works found in the 2nd picture
    I passed by that site yesterday and things have been about the same as when the dirtwork first started. It was about 10:00 am and there was nobody to be found relative to workers. Basically, it will be a miracle if that building is finished by the end of the year, or within a year of initial ground breaking. It sure won't leave much "grassy" area for anybody to practice!

15. Default Re: Jun 15, 2006 Cajun Basin

Quote Originally Posted by UL-Lreality
    I passed by that site yesterday and things have been about the same as when the dirtwork first started. It was about 10:00 am and there was nobody to be found relative to workers. Basically, it will be a miracle if that building is finished by the end of the year, or within a year of initial ground breaking. It sure won't leave much "grassy" area for anybody to practice!
    because when you passed, you did with your eyes closedthe guy on the back hoe digging the trenches to put the wire for the foundation okay! all the wire turbine showed you is what goes in the trenches, the steel pegs are in place and i think most or all the drainage, you see what you want to see because you people want INSTANT ____, some things take time and if you have a problem about how they are not going fast enough for you step out there and ask them to speed it up, some people are never satisfied it's like i told you earlier they key word is PATIENCE,PATIENCE, or maybe not, shame on meOh! and there is plenty of room to practice or didn't you see some of the guys were out practicing, WOW!!! man too much.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 . LastLast

Thread Information