Thread: Softball field update.

Default Softball field update.

Went by yesterday, and had a long talk with the crew puting in the chairbacks. They are working on the lower area only. I ask him if he was goning to be through by Mar. 14 which is the day before the home game agains McNeese and also the so called grand opening. I showed him the schedule of the games and gave it to him. He said that he would try to have them installed. He told me that they ran off the first crew that was installing the chairs. They were wetbacks from Fl. He also said that he was the steel worker on the job and that he was doing the chairs until the steel came in for the roof. We talked some about the roof and that it might not be install until after the season. He also said that they should have plumbers, bricklayers, electrictions and interior wall, ceiling and floor workers on the job which there was none. This whole job is a mess and I say that it will not be completed by the end of the season. They will play on the field but that's it. After the road trip the work will come to a halt because of all the home games.but what's done looks good.

Default Re: Softball field update.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Went by yesterday, and had a long talk with the crew puting in the chairbacks. They are working on the lower area only. I ask him if he was goning to be through by Mar. 14 which is the day before the home game agains McNeese and also the so called grand opening. I showed him the schedule of the games and gave it to him. He said that he would try to have them installed. He told me that they ran off the first crew that was installing the chairs. They were wetbacks from Fl. He also said that he was the steel worker on the job and that he was doing the chairs until the steel came in for the roof. We talked some about the roof and that it might not be install until after the season. He also said that they should have plumbers, bricklayers, electrictions and interior wall, ceiling and floor workers on the job which there was none. This whole job is a mess and I say that it will not be completed by the end of the season. They will play on the field but that's it. After the road trip the work will come to a halt because of all the home games.but what's done looks good. _
    Wow. Unreal. Hopefully the University has a penalty clause in their contract and they are able to recoup some of the money that they paid these clowns.

I also heard the roof may not be installed until after the season. Wouldn't it be a huge embaressment if they don't complete enough of the project to host the Sunbelt Tournament? they need to get their _____ together.

The reason these "clowns" are the ones building it is because they likely under bid the next guy by 100K or probably better. So for the next project maybe the solution would be to have the RCAF involved in the process supplying private funds for athletic construction projects.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    _ The reason these "clowns" are the ones building it is because they likely under bid the next guy by 100K or probably better. So for the next project maybe the solution would be to have the RCAF involved in the process supplying private funds for athletic construction projects. _

I'm not sure I follow. How would that help keep this from happening again? If they are the lowest bidder, by state law they get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I'm not sure I follow. How would that help keep this from happening again? If they are the lowest bidder, by state law they get the job. _
    I believe if it's funded by donated money they can choose whomever they want and start whenever they want. However I don't know if it has to be fully funded by donations or if you can work a portion in not qualified on this info

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ I believe if it's funded by donated money they can choose whomever they want and start whenever they want. However I don't know if it has to be fully funded by donations or if you can work a portion in not qualified on this info _
    If public funds are involved, its a state contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ If public funds are involved, its a state contract. _
    ok gotcha

9. Default Re: Softball field update.

Just send the crews from the dorm construction over. They'll have everything done in about a Saturday.

_ I believe if it's funded by donated money they can choose whomever they want and start whenever they want. However I don't know if it has to be fully funded by donations or if you can work a portion in not qualified on this info _
    That is how Ole Miss does things with the Loyalty foundation as well as LSU with TAF. They use mostly private funds from their athletic foundation arms. They then choose the contractor they want and the operation goes off like the current dorm construction does.

Well, until we get to the point that we can fund these projects privately, this will be the kind of progress we will be subject to.

_ Went by yesterday, and had a long talk with the crew puting in the chairbacks. They are working on the lower area only. I ask him if he was goning to be through by Mar. 14 which is the day before the home game agains McNeese and also the so called grand opening. I showed him the schedule of the games and gave it to him. He said that he would try to have them installed. He told me that they ran off the first crew that was installing the chairs. They were wetbacks from Fl. He also said that he was the steel worker on the job and that he was doing the chairs until the steel came in for the roof. We talked some about the roof and that it might not be install until after the season. He also said that they should have plumbers, bricklayers, electrictions and interior wall, ceiling and floor workers on the job which there was none. This whole job is a mess and I say that it will not be completed by the end of the season. They will play on the field but that's it. After the road trip the work will come to a halt because of all the home games.but what's done looks good. _
    You lost me at "wetbacks"; everything else was blah, blah, blah, and little Charlie Brown adult speak.Did it ever occur to you that not all forum patrons may not be non hispanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    _ You lost me at "wetbacks"; everything else was blah, blah, blah, and little Charlie Brown adult speak.Did it ever occur to you that not all forum patrons may not be non hispanic? _

If you got lost at "wetrbacks", how did you tie it in with hispanic? You must be informed somewhat about the subject. That's what they are called by the one's working out there now

Well I guess we can all be like Stevie P. "I just dont worry about it see it will get done when it gets done Oh I am supposed to be a journalist????"

_ If you got lost at "wetrbacks", how did you tie it in with hispanic? You must be informed somewhat about the subject. That's what they are called by the one's working out there now _
    It's as derogatory as saying the "n" word. I know we're all frustrated by the (lack of) progress, but let's not start using racist words to describe the workers.

Thread Information