Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UL 1 - UA 0 (FINAL)

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Alabama (on AL radio)

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ This could really be a special season. By the way, pretty happy with these Alabama announcers. They've called us "Louisiana - Lafayette" and not simply "Lafayette." They've been extremely compimentary of our team and seem to enjoy pronouncing "Granger."

igeaux.mobi _
    We are applauding Louisiana-Lafayette? Really? Our SID has sent out a media request for ALL of our athletic teams to be referred to as Louisiana. That is our desired athletic branding, even for softball.

Congrats to the Ladies, now go ahead and sweep this tournament!

This win ought to be good for a spot up in the polls

igeaux.mobi

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Alabama (on AL radio)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Lady Cajuns Rock
    Lady Cajuns Roll
    igeaux.mobi _
    Tomorrow mid day, it doesn't get much easier #13 Oregon, but man it would be nice to sweep this tournament and have victories over UVA, Alabama, Oregon, Temple and Long Island.

The Cajuns can not lose focus like they did vs Southern, put the hammer down and win the last 3 in sunny FLA!!!!

Great time to be a Cajun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunsHat View Post
    _ hell of a win!
    beat BAMA! ranked #1-#3, depending on what poll ya look at it.kinda makes u wonder what happened with southern, but then makes u not care about southern after these 2 wins!! _
    I seem to remember saying just that when people started crying over the Southern loss, I said no one will care anymore if we beat Bama. Well looks like it's true but no worries let's go Cajuns

gotta work on getting a host in the post-season

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are applauding Louisiana-Lafayette? Really? Our SID has sent out a media request for ALL of our athletic teams to be referred to as Louisiana. That is our desired athletic branding, even for softball.

Congrats to the Ladies, now go ahead and sweep this tournament!
    Relax. I'm applauding the overall broadcast. They didn't call us "Lafayette," and the rest of the broadcast was very complimentary. They even pronounced the Cajun names right.

I prefer Louisiana, obviously, but Louisiana-Lafayette isn't the end of the world. They called us Louisiana-Lafayette every time. By the way, congrats on turning this into another name thread.

You know who not to trust? The one who keeps telling you how he lives life with integrity. You know who not to call Louisiana? The one that keeps demanding it. Request it, Demand no "Lafaeytte," win games, and it will take care of itself. In a lot of places, it already is.

My point was simply this: being from Alabama, and announcing softball, I was surprised at the quality of announcers.

igeaux.mobi

Alabama has an excellent communications department, one of the best in the country. I'm not surprised to hear that their announcers were very professional. When i drive through AL i like to listen to WVUA, just as i like to listen to KRVS, college radio is really cool to listen to sometimes!

Props to the softball team!!

7. UL Softball Re: Louisiana vs. Alabama (on AL radio)

_ This win ought to be good for a spot up in the polls
    Not only was this a win over undefeated #1 Alabama, the Lady Cajuns defeated ace Kelsi Dunne in a pitching duel that was worthy of a World Series game (Brignac vs. Dunne).

The Cajuns can beat anyone in the country with Brignac on the mound. Meanwhile, the Lady Cajun coaching staff continues to bring the young freshman in the circle up to speed during the course of the season.

Meanwhile, that Virginia win was nice as well (against their ace . Melanie Mitchell).

Brian

_ Relax. I'm applauding the overall broadcast. They didn't call us "Lafayette," and the rest of the broadcast was very complimentary. They even pronounced the Cajun names right.

I prefer Louisiana, obviously, but Louisiana-Lafayette isn't the end of the world. They called us Louisiana-Lafayette every time. By the way, congrats on turning this into another name thread.

You know who not to trust? The one who keeps telling you how he lives life with integrity. You know who not to call Louisiana? The one that keeps demanding it. Request it, Demand no "Lafaeytte," win games, and it will take care of itself. In a lot of places, it already is.

My point was simply this: being from Alabama, and announcing softball, I was surprised at the quality of announcers.

igeaux.mobi _
    That is because Alabama is a class act program unlike the one down the road. Also their HC played for the Cajuns with Stefni, I think.

It was coed?

That is because Alabama is a class act program unlike the one down the road. Also their HC played for the Cajuns with Stefni, I think.

igeaux.mobi

Pat Murphy was a grad assistant when Yvette was here. Sparked his coaching career.

Alyson Habetz is the associate head coach. She played here 90-95

Reading Murphy's bio, they show active win percentage coaches. Didnt realize the Lotiefs were #2 and #3 behind only Mike Candrea. Figured they were up there, just not that high.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    It was coed?

igeaux.mobi
    LOL I wasn't going to say anything.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ It was coed?

igeaux.mobi _
    Sorry, not Pat Murphy, but I was referring to Alyson Habetz.

Sorry, not Pat Murphy, but I was referring to Alyson Habetz.
    igeaux.mobi

Sure you wereriiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhht.

This is so COOL Re: Louisiana vs. Alabama (on AL radio)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ Tomorrow mid day, it doesn't get much easier #13 Oregon, but man it would be nice to sweep this tournament and have victories over UVA, Alabama, Oregon, Temple and Long Island.

We beat UVA 9-1 and UVA lost to Oregon today, ( 3-2) our next opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ I seem to remember saying just that when people started crying over the Southern loss, I said no one will care anymore if we beat Bama. Well looks like it's true but no worries let's go Cajuns

gotta work on getting a host in the post-season _
    And I said someone will care. Some still do and will as the season progresses. Not for the reasons you imagine, but it will not go unnoticed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information