Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 UL Spring Football

1. UL Football 2011 UL Spring Football

5 things to watch as UL spring practice opens

The wait finally comes to an end today, and first-year UL football coach Mark Hudspeth is happy as can be.

Link broken
    Joshua Parrot

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 5 things to watch as UL spring practice opens

Despite this not being "football season" for us fans. This may be one of the most critical pivot points in the making of next year's success. So many variables to work into the formula... and they have to all play in as soon as possible... and will probably have a huge effect on everything going forward.

Open competition for starters/depth chart, staying healthy all the while, figuring out who operates best in what schemes and how far you can take converting to different packages and plays, introducing new and existing talent into the new equation... man, interesting, interesting issues and opportunities right from the start.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Despite this not being "football season" for us fans. This may be one of the most critical pivot points in the making of next year's success. So many variables to work into the formula... and they have to all play in as soon as possible... and will probably have a huge effect on everything going forward.

Open competition for starters/depth chart, staying healthy all the while, figuring out who operates best in what schemes and how far you can take converting to different packages and plays, introducing new and existing talent into the new equation... man, interesting, interesting issues and opportunities right from the start. _
    I know...we will learn alot about ourselves at the tailgate.. Will we be able to step up and take it to a new level in 2011??

I say we can. What say you?

April 9th will be critical for us...

Z

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ I know...we will learn alot about ourselves at the tailgate.. Will we be able to step up and take it to a new level in 2011??

I say we can. What say you?

April 9th will be critical for us...

Z _
    You are correct sir. We too... the fans... are in a competition. Last year's depth chart means nothing. And the spring game will define us. If we are to implement new people, beverages, food and good times... blended in with the old... and avoid injury... we have to begin conditioning ourselves now. In fact, I am way ahead of most. The Hud hire inspired me... and I began an immediate tailgating routine... daily... starting... believe it or not... first thing in the shower every morning. Let your imagination fly Z. You deserve it!

_ You are correct sir. We too... the fans... are in a competition. Last year's depth chart means nothing. And the spring game will define us. If we are to implement new people, beverages, food and good times... blended in with the old... and avoid injury... we have to begin conditioning ourselves now. In fact, I am way ahead of most. The Hud hire inspired me... and I began an immediate tailgating routine... daily... starting... believe it or not... first thing in the shower every morning. Let your imagination fly Z. You deserve it! _
    You will be joining us at the Eauxk on the 9th, correct?

My crew has been warned.

They are to treat April 9th like it is a regular home game.

Subpar tailgating will not be tolerated.

7. Default Hudspeth’s Cajuns Get First Work

A new era of football officially began for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns on Friday, as first-year head coach Mark Hudspeth conducted the team's first spring practice of the 2011 season.

Default Re: Hudspeth’s Cajuns Get First Work

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _ Admission for the 2011 Spring Game is $5. All proceeds will be invested in the Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation.

I guess that answers everyone's questions about admission fees into the spring game. I'm hoping they collect $100,000 or better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ You will be joining us at the Eauxk on the 9th, correct? _
    That's the plan... if you'll have me.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ That's the plan... if you'll have me. _
    bring the Brick and his 30 kids.

Z

Anyone yet has the thinking of starting today, then practice #2 a week from now.. There just has to be a reason, and for the life of me I just can't guess what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    _ I guess that answers everyone's questions about admission fees into the spring game. I'm hoping they collect $100,000 or better!!! _
    Hmmm $100,000/$5.00=20,000 attendees....don't think so.

North endzone representing on April 9th!!! Do it big!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ Anyone yet has the thinking of starting today, then practice #2 a week from now.. There just has to be a reason, and for the life of me I just can't guess what it is.. _

School is closed until Thursday after today due to Mardi Gras.

Anyone know when we are going to find out about Griffen and other ACT scores?
    I know they took the test last month.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information