Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2011 UL Spring Football

1. UL Football Re: Sunday's scrimage: My personal observations.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Kyle, not necessarily. It depends on how you structure the offense. The spread is very versatile and is able to be molded to the strengths of an offense's personnel. Houston runs a very pass heavy spread attack while Tulsa, Nevada, ECU etc.. run a very balanced version where they allow the QB to beat teams with their legs. BTW, Masson is very agile and has better speed than most give him credit for. He's had many nice runs and and is able to really hurt teams with his legs if called upon although he'd rather pass the ball. He can fit this system nicely. _
    Well put!

Default Re: Sunday's scrimage: My personal observations.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ Saying we have one of the best receiving corps is a tad outlandish after the amount of drops we've had the past couple of years. There's a lot of talent there, but they need to catch the ball in games before you say that. _
    Id say if you look at Ladarius Green and the underclassmen, then we could have one of the best receiving corps, but those dropped balls last year mostly consisted of inconsistent upperclassmen and it will be up to the Underclassmen to learn the routes and plays cause I can gaurantee they have better talent than those that have been on the squad in the past. I atleast hope Surgent and Butler see more playing time this year as they deserved to start as Freshman Last year in my Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ As a word of caution, temper that enthusiasm as Bates was arguably our most inconsistent lineman last year although that was hard to notice as the entire group underachieved. Let's let him and the rest of this unit get an entire offseason in before we crown them anything. I do think they will be improved but I want to see them do this over a longer trial period. _
    I haven't crowned him anything. I am saying this guy has big time talent & big time size. He has all the tools to be as good as he wants to be. If he wants to become all conference & an NFL draft choice there is nothing you, me, or anybody else can do to stop him. Only he can stop himself by being satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by CalcasieuCajun View Post
    _ Keep watching, we are in the first few weeks of a new administration. The two plays that Blaine "rolled eyes" with was "zone read draws" off the spread.

Please understand that I'm not here to compare credentials or coach anybody up, but I have been heavily involved in organized football for over 40 years and really impressed with what I'm witnessing in such a short time.

My point being we are heading in a good direction with much promise, that's all....

Have a great day.... _
    And they were executed at as high of a level as plays in the spread can be executed with. At the same time all the other plays he ran, were run with speed & precision that oozed confidence in himself, the game plan, & the offense. Straight up, there are guys who either haven't caught on yet or are having trouble buying in. He is heads & shoulders above everybody else right now. He is also a stud athelete & I haven't seen a succesful version of the spread be run recently that doesn't have a stud athelete at QB.

5. UL Football Re: Sunday's scrimage: My personal observations.

Watch a few more practices and things should clear up a little for ya...

Watching Blaine last season I could tell he had the most upside of any QB on the team.

He also had the most downside.

7. Default Re: Sunday's scrimage: My personal observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    _ Watching Blaine last season I could tell he had the most upside of any QB on the team.

He also had the most downside. _
    Is that anything like upfield and downfield

8. UL Football Re: Sunday's scrimage: My personal observations.

_ Watching Blaine last season I could tell he had the most upside of any QB on the team.

He also had the most downside. _
    Fair statement....

_ Whats the latest on the Panola guy and his ACT? _
    Griffin got a qualifying ACT score. just needs to get his core up.

10. Default Football Practice Report No. 7

Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns went back to work on Wednesday following a two-day layoff from Sunday's first scrimmage of the spring. Wednesday's practice was again on the football practice fields under ideal weather conditions.

Default Re: Football Practice Report No. 7

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    We published the article on ultoday, and added an 'antique' poster I don't think we've used before: http://ultoday.com/node/3414 I spent quite a bit of time on it, hope you guys and gals like it.

12. Default Re: Football Practice Report No. 7

I love it . . . from my mobile phone.
    igeaux.mobi

That is cool!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ We published the article on ultoday, and added an 'antique' poster I don't think we've used before: http://ultoday.com/node/3414 I spent quite a bit of time on it, hope you guys and gals like it. _

Very nice. I like the "L" on the jersey. Would solve a lot of name issue problems removed the "U" or "U of".

15. Default Ragin' Cajuns Past Halfway Point of Spring

The Ragin' Cajuns passed the midpoint of spring football with practice No. 8 on Friday afternoon. The team practiced for just over two hours, concluding practice with about 30 minutes of live work.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information